Front/left motor bearings sound odd
1137 6 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

I've just received my new Inspire 2. The batteries are charging so have not fired up or activated. I have mounted the props and all has gone well (although it took me a while to work out what a "shrapnel" was before I could press down on it).

However, when i spin the props by hand, they are all as smooth/quiet as anything except... the front left motor whereby you can hear/feel the bearings..

Anything to be concerned about ?
2017-1-13
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
United States

Definitely something to check out with DJI.  If that motor ceases while in flight, it's goodbye I2!
2017-1-13
Use props
Bristol_twb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56654 ft
United States

Does it make this sound with the props off?  I had the same problem and it turned out to be related to the locks, as the prop was loose and it was making all the noise.
2017-1-13
Use props
Twst704
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56654 ft
United States

Bristol_twb@yah Posted at 2017-1-13 19:03
Does it make this sound with the props off?  I had the same problem and it turned out to be related to the locks, as the prop was loose and it was making all the noise.

Didn't see my username was part of my email so I changed it ... (previously Bristol_twb).  I ended up sending mine back to the DJI store I got it from and they sent me a new one.   When I would spin the motors without the props they would sound great, but with the prop it sounded so cheesy.  Not sure if this is your issue or not, but try spinning it without the prop.
2017-1-13
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Hey guys this is a known issue please check out the other threads for "red" props rattle and "white props cant get off.

The details will explain how to address both situations. I had noisy (rattle) on my "red" props found a short term work around and now have replacement props that don't give me this problem.
2017-1-13
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

Ah ha.. Thanks for the clues.. Yes, indeed, it's the red prop. Only on this one motor, the prop rattles when I move it round by hand (still haven't started it up). It's also loose in some sense whereas the others are rock solid. I've tried different red props with the same outcome, although the props are ok on the other red motor.Will look at the other threads shortly for the workaround...

Aside from the noise.. is this a safety issue ?
Edit: For reference, the other article is here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-79158-1-1.html

2017-1-14
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DaveDotNet Posted at 2017-1-14 07:39
Ah ha.. Thanks for the clues.. Yes, indeed, it's the red prop. Only on this one motor, the prop rattles when I move it round by hand (still haven't started it up). It's also loose in some sense whereas the others are rock solid. I've tried different red props with the same outcome, although the props are ok on the other red motor.Will look at the other threads shortly for the workaround...

Aside from the noise.. is this a safety issue ?

I have posted on this matter too. Its either the prop locking mechanism asymmetrically tightened or some issue with prop manufacturing tolerance. For the latter, try the spare props provided. otherwise, unlock and re-tighten the  locking mechanism. The issue is not fatal to flight but it might increase wear over a long time
2017-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules