Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POLL : Phantom 4 tripod mode
6235 19 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom Robin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I know this has been asked alot, but it was asked in different posts, perhaps with a poll DJI could better interpret how many p4 users would like a tripod mode.
Single SelectVote, Total 92 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

90.22% (83)
9.78% (9)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-1-13
Use props
tfs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95699 ft
United States

What is tripod mode ???
2017-1-13
Use props
Phantom Robin
lvl.3
Belgium

tfs Posted at 2017-1-13 09:31
What is tripod mode ???

2017-1-13
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

tfs Posted at 2017-1-13 09:31
What is tripod mode ???

Good question!

I've never used it, but my understanding is:

Tripod Mode: very slow
Normal Mode: normal speed
Sports Mode: very fast

- it slows down the controls so that you can easily make small & slow adjustments to position and angle for photography purposes.
2017-1-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could always create a 'pseudo' Tripod mode on the P4 by creating a custom RC profile. i.e you could de-sensitise the controls to make them less responsive and slow things down.
2017-1-13
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-13 09:39
You could always create a 'pseudo' Tripod mode on the P4 by creating a custom RC profile. i.e you could de-sensitise the controls to make them less responsive and slow things down.

Yes, you can reconfigure sports mode to be slow, but the slowest possible settings don't seem to be all that slow.

An alternative to adding a tripod mode might be to allow more adjustment in the current modes...
2017-1-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-1-13 10:18
Yes, you can reconfigure sports mode to be slow, but the slowest possible settings don't seem to be all that slow.

An alternative to adding a tripod mode might be to allow more adjustment in the current modes...

"Yes, you can reconfigure sports mode to be slow, but the slowest possible settings don't seem to be all that slow. "

Good point, I thought there was more adjustment than there is.
2017-1-13
Use props
RaVeNsFiRe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1292493 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-1-13 09:36
Good question!

I've never used it, but my understanding is:

I'm new to flying, but that is the mode I like the most so far for photos.
2017-1-13
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

To tell you the truth guy's....My P4 holds that still in just a hover. I sprung out my gamble and rotational expo and that's all I need to do.  I don't yet/haven't learned how to download vid's here. But I can tell tiu that if what the video above shows...then why bother with more code on an already crowded program ?{:4_177:}
2017-1-13
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

My P4 does Tripod too:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-73921-1-1.html
2017-1-13
Use props
fansda835cd1
lvl.2

United States

I would definitely love to have that feature.
2017-1-13
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

hovering will keep the position indefinitely. on p4 at least.
2017-1-14
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

It's great for filming. Love it
2017-1-16
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

What I really want is the Mavics ground tracking feature. I can fly my Parrot drone up a flight of stairs, which the Mavic can do. My P4 just gets closer to the ground. That feature would be useful in the mountains. With the parrot I just type in a minimum altitude and the drone follows that. It will maintain that even over obstacles. A car drove under my drone and it hopped up the height of the car then back down.
2017-1-16
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

fansb885c69e Posted at 2017-1-16 21:25
What I really want is the Mavics ground tracking feature. I can fly my Parrot drone up a flight of stairs, which the Mavic can do. My P4 just gets closer to the ground. That feature would be useful in the mountains. With the parrot I just type in a minimum altitude and the drone follows that. It will maintain that even over obstacles. A car drove under my drone and it hopped up the height of the car then back down.

i wouldnt talk about juice without fixing the fridge first.
the follow me should be able to maintain height as well, since it receives gps data of the subject. whether or does it or not, DJI knows. even if it does, follow me requires the subject to carry the remote controller, which is a defeat in purpose.
the active track cant maintain height since it follows a shape on the video and can't put a gps location on it.
it was cool if a separate device could connect to the drone only to relay gps data. this way the drone could follow the subject while the pilot could fly it around. but that would be a follow me to dream of.
i guess they tried that dream with the active track, where the drone with minimal control from the pilot would follow the subject. unfortunately the active track is more of a promise than of a real feature.
2017-1-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

WindSoul Posted at 2017-1-29 16:26
i wouldnt talk about juice without fixing the fridge first.
the follow me should be able to maintain height as well, since it receives gps data of the subject. whether or does it or not, DJI knows. even if it does, follow me requires the subject to carry the remote controller, which is a defeat in purpose.
the active track cant maintain height since it follows a shape on the video and can't put a gps location on it.

'the follow me should be able to maintain height as well, since it receives gps data of the subject. '

It was explained to you some time ago that GPS altitude is not used in any of the functions as it is wildly innacurate. And beside that, the RC end has no method of measuring altitude, so how can it relay it to the aircraft?
2017-2-6
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Yes, having "Tripod Mode"  for P4 owners would be awesome. Why would anyone vote no?
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Phantom 3 Should also get it.
2017-2-6
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

Maxxgold Posted at 2017-2-6 09:28
Yes, having "Tripod Mode"  for P4 owners would be awesome. Why would anyone vote no?

maybe they don't know what it is or does, some folks just don't like change, I love it and use it often.
2017-2-12
Use props
Phantom Robin
lvl.3
Belgium

Well, i hope DJI is working on it Poll results seems clear to me
2017-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules