Green screen and artifact on the live view / RAW photos are good
1135 9 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrbasket
lvl.1

Germany

Hey guys, today I stepped into this awesome DJI world with my new Mavic Pro. Ordered in October it finally arrived today.

Unfortunately there seems to be an error with the live view. It looks like this:

bug1.jpg

If I turn off the "hardware decoding" it looks like this:

bug2.jpg

When I continue to the settings I can provide you with these screenshots:
bug3.jpg    bug4.jpg

By the way the good news: Photos, taken by the drone are fine. It's just the live-preview on my iPhone (iOS 10).

Anyone who had this error before? Is there any soft fix solution instead of a replacement?

Best
Marvin
2017-1-13
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Have you restarted everything?  I had this occur once, after a firmware update, but it disappeared after a restart of everything.
2017-1-13
Use props
mrbasket
lvl.1

Germany

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-1-13 08:14
Have you restarted everything?  I had this occur once, after a firmware update, but it disappeared after a restart of everything.

I'm not really sure because I directly updated everything but I don't think there was this effect before the update. When you say "restart" do you just mean "turn off & on"? I did this several times, no effect.
2017-1-13
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

Yah, I was just referring to turning everything off and then back on.  I'll reserve my "suggestions" and wait for one of the mods to pop in here and give some advice based on experience.  My experience was short-lived, as I had this happen right after a firmware update, but it went away after I turned everything off and then back on.  Are you running the DJI Go 4 app?  What model iPhone?  I'm sure the mods will ask that as well.
2017-1-13
Use props
mrbasket
lvl.1

Germany

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-1-13 08:22
Yah, I was just referring to turning everything off and then back on.  I'll reserve my "suggestions" and wait for one of the mods to pop in here and give some advice based on experience.  My experience was short-lived, as I had this happen right after a firmware update, but it went away after I turned everything off and then back on.  Are you running the DJI Go 4 app?  What model iPhone?  I'm sure the mods will ask that as well.

It's an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2 (14C92)
2017-1-13
Use props
mrbasket
lvl.1

Germany

Ok, guys. Good news: I solved the problem by my own after the good hint from Gary. The keyword was "firmware". When I unpacked my drone today, I updated it directly through the iOS App without seeing the live-mode before. After this the trouble began. Now I solved the problem and want to give you the insights so that someone with the same problem can find it here in the forum. btw: the last advice from the DJI support was to ask my shop for a replacement... :/ But here's the soft solution: I downgraded the firmware through the Mac "DJI Assistant2"-App to Version V01.03.0000. After downgrading, the problem was solved and after upgrading through the program to V01.03.0200, the error didn't return. So I believe it happened an error through the iOS-inapp-update of the firmware when I configuered the drone at the start.

Happy.

solved.jpg
2017-1-13
Use props
Nyikhmur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240354 ft
Hungary

mrbasket Posted at 2017-1-13 08:32
It's an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2 (14C92)

Hi mrbasket! I had the same issue when i first connected my drone to DJI Go app. Either restart the drone, or reinstall dji go on your phone/tablet. It works 99% of the time, for me it did not work.

What i did and solved the issue: instead of connecting the mavic through dji go 4 app i downloaded the older version (normal dji go) and connected with it. The live feed was completely fine, and surprisingly after that it was also fine when i launched the drone with dji go4! After that never had the issue again. You can also try updating or reinstalling drone AND controller firmware.
2017-1-13
Use props
mrbasket
lvl.1

Germany

Nyikhmur Posted at 2017-1-13 09:40
Hi mrbasket! I had the same issue when i first connected my drone to DJI Go app. Either restart the drone, or reinstall dji go on your phone/tablet. It works 99% of the time, for me it did not work.

What i did and solved the issue: instead of connecting the mavic through dji go 4 app i downloaded the older version (normal dji go) and connected with it. The live feed was completely fine, and surprisingly after that it was also fine when i launched the drone with dji go4! After that never had the issue again. You can also try updated or reinstalling drone AND controller firmware.

Thanks for your support. I think we wrote at the same time and that was exactly the solution. Thanky anyway and I will write the support this solution because the live-chat didn't suggest this fix.
2017-1-13
Use props
Nyikhmur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240354 ft
Hungary

mrbasket Posted at 2017-1-13 09:42
Thanks for your support. I think we wrote at the same time and that was exactly the solution. Thanky anyway and I will write the support this solution because the live-chat didn't suggest this fix.

Yep, i have also seen that we posted the same thing at the same time! Happy to see that the solution worked!
2017-1-13
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

mrbasket Posted at 2017-1-13 09:39
Ok, guys. Good news: I solved the problem by my own after the good hint from Gary. The keyword was "firmware". When I unpacked my drone today, I updated it directly through the iOS App without seeing the live-mode before. After this the trouble began. Now I solved the problem and want to give you the insights so that someone with the same problem can find it here in the forum. btw: the last advice from the DJI support was to ask my shop for a replacement... :/ But here's the soft solution: I downgraded the firmware through the Mac "DJI Assistant2"-App to Version V01.03.0000. After downgrading, the problem was solved and after upgrading through the program to V01.03.0200, the error didn't return. So I believe it happened an error through the iOS-inapp-update of the firmware when I configuered the drone at the start.

Happy.

Glad to see you got it fixed and happy that I could provide some assistance!
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules