Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ground Station Pro for P4P+
4135 33 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartinGV
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi everyone!! Someone knows about the release of GSpro for the P4P+? It was released for IoS, but not for DJI's propietary screen in RC for P4P+.... extrange...
2017-1-13
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whenever they update the firmware for the + RC it is supposed to be included.
2017-1-13
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

I'm sure it will be out soon, or it is in some other area of the app
2017-1-13
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

maybe you have to connect your phone to the remote? I don't have a p4p+ so I may not be much help, just a thought.
2017-1-13
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-1-13 11:40
maybe you have to connect your phone to the remote? I don't have a p4p+ so I may not be much help, just a thought.

You can't connect a phone to the + RC for doing anything related to flying, and we can't update anything on it. They have the screen severely locked down and limited.
2017-1-13
Use props
belkins
lvl.1

United States

Seeing a lot of issues with the built in screen..

I got my phantom 4 pro without the built in screen and purchased the ipad pro and have had no issues at all.  Was very tempted to get the built in screen but was also worried about these types of issues and if you drop it and crack the screen.. you can't just take it off and repair/replace it you will most likely have to send the whole thing to dji to fix.   They should of made it removable so you can use a different device if you want such as your phone or other tablet.  
2017-1-14
Use props
fans847e5a8d
lvl.1

Peru

Myself also waiting to use GSP with my 4+
I love the brightness of the screen but they did make it limited to what you can do with it.  Hope to get the Ground Station on there soon.
KM
2017-1-14
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

That's too bad you cannot connect your phone for updates I'm so happy I went without screen for both of mine
2017-1-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

belkins Posted at 2017-1-14 09:09
Seeing a lot of issues with the built in screen..

I got my phantom 4 pro without the built in screen and purchased the ipad pro and have had no issues at all.  Was very tempted to get the built in screen but was also worried about these types of issues and if you drop it and crack the screen.. you can't just take it off and repair/replace it you will most likely have to send the whole thing to dji to fix.   They should of made it removable so you can use a different device if you want such as your phone or other tablet.

Aloha belkins,

They did make it so the screen is removable.  It is called the P4 Pro and when the CrystalSkies displays come out, you will see that it is removable.  It is all in the timing.

If someone wants to use third party software with a P4 Pro, they cannot use a CrystalSkies or a P4 Pro + (plus).  They have to use the P4 Pro with a removable device.  That is why there are two versions of the P4 Pro.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans847e5a8d Posted at 2017-1-14 15:30
Myself also waiting to use GSP with my 4+
I love the brightness of the screen but they did make it limited to what you can do with it.  Hope to get the Ground Station on there soon.
KM

Aloha KM,

Unless GSP is a DJI product, it will not happen.  No third party software for the P4 Pro + (plus) or for the CrystalSky when it comes out.  Only DJI products.  If you want to use third party software you will have to buy a GL300F remote controller for $315 for your P4 Pro aircraft.  Then you can use a phone or tablet to run third party software.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Martin,

Unless GSPro is a DJI product, it will not happen.  No third party software for the P4 Pro + (plus) or for the CrystalSky when it comes out.  Only DJI products.  If you want to use third party software you will have to buy a GL300F remote controller for $315 for your P4 Pro aircraft.  Then you can use a phone or tablet to run third party software.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2017-1-13 10:14

Aloha trance,

Are you talking about the Waypoints in the Multiple Flight Modes?  Because there will be no third party software for the P4 Pro + (plus) or for the CrystalSky when it comes out.  Only DJI products.  If those who have a P4 Pro + (plus) want to use third party software they will have to buy a GL300F remote controller for $315 for your P4 Pro aircraft.  Then they can use a phone or tablet to run third party software.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Helimage
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

Cetacean, Ground Station Pro is a DJI app that is currently available only for iPad, so no Android support for now. It has a more advanced waypoint system and other features that are not present in the DJI GO apps, and I think the question was if GSP will become available for the CrystalSky monitor, which runs Android, and as far as I know, there hasn't been a word on that yet.
2017-1-17
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-17 02:30
Aloha trance,

Are you talking about the Waypoints in the Multiple Flight Modes?  Because there will be no third party software for the P4 Pro + (plus) or for the CrystalSky when it comes out.  Only DJI products.  If those who have a P4 Pro + (plus) want to use third party software they will have to buy a GL300F remote controller for $315 for your P4 Pro aircraft.  Then they can use a phone or tablet to run third party software.

You should understand the topic being talked about before replying several times with the wrong answer.

GSPro is a DJI product and they have said the + RC will be receiving it. And to say no 3rd party apps will ever be on there is technically incorrect since it already has 3 social media apps installed.
2017-1-17
Use props
MartinGV
lvl.1
Argentina

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-17 02:24
Aloha Martin,

Unless GSPro is a DJI product, it will not happen.  No third party software for the P4 Pro + (plus) or for the CrystalSky when it comes out.  Only DJI products.  If you want to use third party software you will have to buy a GL300F remote controller for $315 for your P4 Pro aircraft.  Then you can use a phone or tablet to run third party software.

Hola Cetacean!!

R U kidding? GSP is a latest software launched by DJI!!!
I can't understand why P4P+ should be less than P4P in just software issues...

2017-1-17
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.1
United States

Like Martin, I'm looking forward to running GSP on the P4P+ and would appreciate much better communication from DJI on availability.

Will we be seeing it next week? Month? July?  DJI, your customers want to know!
2017-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2017-1-17 08:59
You should understand the topic being talked about before replying several times with the wrong answer.

GSPro is a DJI product and they have said the + RC will be receiving it. And to say no 3rd party apps will ever be on there is technically incorrect since it already has 3 social media apps installed.

Aloha trance,

Mahalo for the correction.  So where do you find this product?  If it is a DJI product, then it will be compatible.  

I calls em as I sees em, but apparently I was blind to this one!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MartinGV Posted at 2017-1-17 11:56
Hola Cetacean!!

R U kidding? GSP is a latest software launched by DJI!!!

Aloha Martin,

So it is a DJI product.  Where can I find information on GSPro?  

The reason for P4 Pro + (plus) being limited is because the remote controller and device run DJI GO 4 on as Android based app.  The screen is built in.  The P4 Pro allows other tablets and phones, therefore these other tablets and phones can run third party software including iOS based apps.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Helimage Posted at 2017-1-17 03:25
Cetacean, Ground Station Pro is a DJI app that is currently available only for iPad, so no Android support for now. It has a more advanced waypoint system and other features that are not present in the DJI GO apps, and I think the question was if GSP will become available for the CrystalSky monitor, which runs Android, and as far as I know, there hasn't been a word on that yet.

Aloha Helimage,

Where can I find information on Ground Station Pro?  I am really taking gas on this.  I understand the issues, but I thought GS Pro is a third party app because it only works on iOS.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2017-1-17 08:59

Aloha trance,

What 3 social media apps are already installed on the P4 Pro + (plus)?  Are they the full apps or is it a link to parts of those apps for streaming etc.  If it is the full apps, then I have been really left out in left field!  Mahalo for any assistance provided.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Helimage
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

Cetacean, you can find more information on DJI GS Pro by clicking here. Not that hard to find on Google, first search result.

CrystalSky has some social media applications, like Facebook, but the versions are a bit outdated. I'm pretty sure that CrystalSky will feature GS Pro and other useful apps in the future.
2017-1-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2017-1-13 10:14

Aloha trance,

Hey, I found it!  By the looks of it, GS Pro is not available yet for P4 Pro and Inspire 2 platforms and some Zenmuse cameras, or at least that is what the Compatibility Page and the video indicates.  So, the P4 Pro and Inspire 2 and a couple Zenmuse cameras will not be able to use the program at this time, but it is "Coming Soon".  

As discussed earlier, P4 Pro + (plus) will not be able to use the program because it is an iOS app.  Bummer, I have Android and would really like to use that app.  Worse yet, by the looks of the Compatibility Page there may be no intent for DJI to write the app for Android, so P4 Pro + (plus) and P4 Pro using CrystalSky are not even in line to get the app.  Where are people getting the idea that DJI is going to make an Android version any time soon?  It would be nice if that was true.

On the up side, the program is currently available for download for iOS devices flying the P4 and full P3 Series, also the Mavic Pro, the Matrice Series and the A3 and N3.  

Aloha and Drone On!
DJI GS Pro Compatible.jpg
2017-1-18
Use props
russ43phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1067231 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks like DJI is taking a "wait and see" attitude.  If there are enough sales for the Pro+, it will become an equal peer in terms of DJI's software development policy.  If the sales are not strong, it will be a specialty product.  The problem is the "chicken and egg" problem.  One way to kill Pro+ sales is to make it a second class product in DJI's long range plans.  DJI's very own actions cold kill the Pro+ which I feel is an excellent product.  Easy to launch quickly, no extra cables, a long lasting battery, great visibility and many other advantages.  One thing I like most is the ability to have a controller with enough controller battery life to be consistent with 4 batteries on the drone.  This gives serious video producers from 1 1/2 to 2 hours of production time.
2017-2-19
Use props
Springy-Legs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 923114 ft
United Kingdom

I have the pro + and I too feel being penalised for the extra spend by not having access to gsp is very annoying. Come on dji!
2017-3-8
Use props
fansb66f7126
lvl.1

United States

I agree, we who purchased the P4P+ are being screwed by DJI.  We pay extra for the proprietary screen and completely locked down android system, then can't get priority on the app they are developing for everything else.  Total BS and makes me dislike the inner workings of the company.  IMHO the P4P+ should have the same priority and any other model.  Especially the P3 line.  Come on DJI!  The app is developed, just put out the flipping update and we totem pole hangers will be happy.  
2017-3-8
Use props
P4P+
lvl.4
United States

The ground station does not work for any android at least that is my understanding. The build in screen is an android.
2017-3-8
Use props
RayL70
Australia

On the latest P4P+ controller firmware update we get WeChat and no GS Pro..... come on DJI... who wants to WeChat while flying... not safe too???
When will we see GS Pro on the Pro+ controller? 1 week, 1 mnth, 2mnths.... just give us some answers?!?!
2017-3-19
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

RayL70 Posted at 2017-3-19 19:58
On the latest P4P+ controller firmware update we get WeChat and no GS Pro..... come on DJI... who wants to WeChat while flying... not safe too???
When will we see GS Pro on the Pro+ controller? 1 week, 1 mnth, 2mnths.... just give us some answers?!?!

Just another slap in the face from DJI from paying extra. Im starting to think im into the abuse...
2017-3-19
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 487077 ft
Italy

Any news? The Agras MG-1S has a built in display with Android and GCS Pro like interface.

I won't never pay extra money to DJI, will stay with iPad from now on. If I will stay with DJI.
2017-4-25
Use props
perrier.cyril.g
lvl.1
France

WAKE UP DJI !!!
2017-9-26
Use props
Floreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I regret buying the P4P+ every time I fly it, poor software support on a device that's under powered combined with a screen that's almost too small to be useful.  The only reason I haven't replaced the controller is because I don't want to give DJI anymore money but believe me when I say I won't forget how those of us who bought the + have been treated.  Over the last year I've seen DJI do some pretty stupid things from the Geo Fencing debacle to the firmware update mess to the tech support failures but not having software available for your flagship product has got to be the dumbest move ever.  Come on DJI support your products like a good company should, it's only your reputation on the line.
2017-9-26
Use props
HAH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39088 ft
Madagascar

we bought P4P+ since 10 days and of course looking for managing waypoint outside rc range
and we discover this topic :-(
we have a P4P+ to sale
not usable
no third party software possibility

Somebody know how to connect iPad instead of screen provoded ?
2017-9-26
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HAH Posted at 2017-9-26 08:29
we bought P4P+ since 10 days and of course looking for managing waypoint outside rc range
and we discover this topic :-(

There is no difference between the drones.
All you need is a regular P4 pro controller.
It should only take a minute to link with the new controller.
2017-9-26
Use props
HAH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39088 ft
Madagascar

Ok but I need to buy a new one.
In Madagascar :-)))
2017-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now