444323 444323 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

Hi,

I'm planning to order the Inspire 2 Premium Combo Kit next week, which comes with two X5s cameras.  I'd like to know for sure whether DJI plans to produce an OSMO handle for this camera before I take the plunge.  If so, when is it estimated to be available?

Thanks,
DC
2017-1-13
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

lol, trust me your not gonna get a actual answer, you need to buy the x5 and then also buy the x5s too! thats how companies sty in bizzness~! lol
2017-1-14
Use props
fans8c0365c7
lvl.2
Greece

It's not worth. For some reason DJI OSMO pro  is so expensive and nooone will buy it.  With the same money you can get the new  SONY  a6300/a6500 camera along with a gimbal like beholder ds 1 or Crane or Nebula 4100... Noone will buy this thing. It's not competitive.

The Osmo Pro Combo costs 2000$   (WITH NO lens).

The SONY a6300 costs  1000$ and the Zhiyun-Tech Crane 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer , 650$  , total :   1650 $

Noone is going to buy this dji osmo pro
2017-1-15
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There will be a new osmo Handel that will announce "soon" PS if you are going to buy the inspire please consider using this link: http://bit.ly/2iX8R3S
It will be a small amount I'll earn for helping you and others withouth you doing anything extra
2017-1-15
Use props
fanse08bd379
lvl.1

Australia

The Inspire 2 Premium Combo only comes with ONE!!!!! X5S camera mate. Might want to check that out!
2017-1-15
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm pretty sure the Osmo Pro combo comes with a lens. I bought the Osmo pro because for the size and flexibility of the system. Sure you can place a Sony a6300 on a gimbal but how are you able to control focus? Any serious videographer/film maker rarely uses auto focus/continuous focus. I don't want the camera system dicatating what I want focused on.  I can operate the camera remotely as well since it connects to a phone via wifi. Also because the system is integrated, there is one battery for the camera and gimbal unlike a separate camera mounted on a gimbal, of course you need a tablet or phone still.

Of course the system isn't perfect. I'm hoping Osmo Pro has a much more silent fan or no fan at all. I would like to see an integrated screen so you don't have to reconnect to wifi everytime the system is turned on.  This would really aid in quick shooting.
2017-1-15
Use props
perfectpercepti
lvl.1

United States

It only comes with one lens my friend.
2017-1-16
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

Hey Guys,

Yes, so thanks about correcting me about the two camera thing.  I obviously misunderstood because the I2 does have two cameras, just that one of them is the pilot's camera

But I'll ask again... does anyone have any idea when the OSMO handle for the X5s is scheduled to hit the streets?

Thanks,

DC
2017-1-17
Use props
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft
United States

I don't think there has been any indication of a release date as of yet. I amorally interested in the Inspire 2 but am holding off at this time until there is some sort of release date for the handle as well as a few reviews. Just want to make sure that it is manageable and not too bulky and awkward to use.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-FRANK
lvl.2
United States

"In order to give the X5S a lower profile and increased codec choice, DJI have moved the image processing and SSDs away from the camera into the Inspire 2’s airframe."

"For any new OSMO type handheld solution to work the control grip would need to have the new interface, the capability to process the image, and accept DJI’s solid state disks. DJI weren’t willing to say if they have such a grip in the works, but I suspect they will have a solution in the not too distant future. I wouldn’t expect it to be cheap though as it needs to completely replicate a lot of the hardware in the Inspire 2. It might actually be a lot more cost effective to simply hold the Inspire 2 as they did in DJI’s short film ‘The Circle’"

http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/ ... the-dji-x5s-camera/
2017-1-20
Use props
fans76006e3c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274055 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-FRANK Posted at 2017-1-20 00:07
"In order to give the X5S a lower profile and increased codec choice, DJI have moved the image processing and SSDs away from the camera into the Inspire 2’s airframe."

"For any new OSMO type handheld solution to work the control grip would need to have the new interface, the capability to process the image, and accept DJI’s solid state disks. DJI weren’t willing to say if they have such a grip in the works, but I suspect they will have a solution in the not too distant future. I wouldn’t expect it to be cheap though as it needs to completely replicate a lot of the hardware in the Inspire 2. It might actually be a lot more cost effective to simply hold the Inspire 2 as they did in DJI’s short film ‘The Circle’"

I agree with DJI-Frank,  it makes sense to make an OSMO concept solution for the X5S but it won't be cheap and it could well be more of a mini Ronin arrangement with the facility to remove the arms for mounting to other devices / vehicles and larger drones.  Having invested in the Inspire2   I would buy the OSMO adaption,   just holding my breath for the price...
2017-3-9
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

The Answer to your question is deep within the DJI web site......"COMING SOON"

X4S and X5S OSMO "Mount3"

X4S and X5S OSMO "Mount3"
2017-3-13
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-13 08:52

Awesome! Thanks!
2017-3-13
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

Thanks for this post
2017-3-18
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

DJI-FRANK Posted at 2017-1-20 00:07

Yeah, exactly... we shall see. Hopefully its more like a ronin rig or something that can be geared in such a way because 2 hands give more control. Holding the I2 and running with it isn't that practical... I have tried and its okay... the best is the image/gimbal transmission to the remote... So whenever they come out with some sort of rig for the X5S, thats why I would invest in the most likely hefty price tag... Especially if the rig comes with the ability to shoot proress / raw. Time will tell. Holding my breath as well
2017-3-18
Use props
fans2763fb6a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 705003 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was wondering the same thing about a handle for the X5S, so I decided to be very proactive. I can't wait for DJI to come out with a new $1000-$1500 only handle, rather use that to  pay for some more lenses for the Inspire 2. Anyway I created a fantastic stand that you can slip the Inspire 2 into and attach it to a Tripod. With the ability to lift the legs up and disconnect the landing sensors this now a great camera and fitted with the 9-18mm M.Zuiko 4-5.6 its a great lens and camera to use indoors. The fan noise is still a little noisy but outside its great and if like me you film a lot of real estate where I overlay audio the fan is not going to be a problem.  . Oh BTW I use a Hoodman belt mount so if I do need to carry the Inspire 2 on a move my controller is attached to the belt and no hands needed. Check out the video here...it beats waiting to use my amazing X5s on the elusive Osmo Mount3
2017-3-21
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
United States

That's very clever and practical!  My only worry would be concerning the rubber strap... I'm sure it will be fine for some time, but will it begin to stretch or possibly break?  Just wonder if there is another way to keep the aircraft mounted.  In any case, thank you for sharing.  I think I might try this too.

DC
2017-3-21
Use props
Dan Bellerive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733668 ft
United States

Here's to hoping "soon" isn't too far away. I'm interested to see what innovative solutions people have in the mean time, though!
2017-4-5
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2763fb6a Posted at 2017-3-21 06:28
I was wondering the same thing about a handle for the X5S, so I decided to be very proactive. I can't wait for DJI to come out with a new $1000-$1500 only handle, rather use that to  pay for some more lenses for the Inspire 2. Anyway I created a fantastic stand that you can slip the Inspire 2 into and attach it to a Tripod. With the ability to lift the legs up and disconnect the landing sensors this now a great camera and fitted with the 9-18mm M.Zuiko 4-5.6 its a great lens and camera to use indoors. The fan noise is still a little noisy but outside its great and if like me you film a lot of real estate where I overlay audio the fan is not going to be a problem.  . Oh BTW I use a Hoodman belt mount so if I do need to carry the Inspire 2 on a move my controller is attached to the belt and no hands needed. Check out the video here...it beats waiting to use my amazing X5s on the elusive Osmo Mount3 https://youtu.be/EC4oidpAMDQ

Thanks for the video man.  Random question, is that Perth behind you?  Lived there for a while and thought I recognized a landmark behind you.  
Anyway for everyone else,  I hope they release this "mount" as I would rather invest in the X5S then a GH5 if they both have similar specs and BIt Rates.  Of course they are far different cameras,  however with a mount,  at the very least you could use it for similar ground stabilization purposes and with a tripod it could prove quite beneficial for interviews and DOF shots (since apparently the Focus will still work w/ it).
As far as the DJIX5R,  I think they are just being stubborn, hoping those already invested in the Inspire1 series will go for higher bit rates instead of paying 7k on a shiny new Inspire2.   I'm like the person above, I would much rather spend my money on a Sony A series camera then on a soon to be incompatible camera of the past  with horrible flight time regardless of its SSD.
2017-4-13
Use props
Richard ND
lvl.1
Flight distance : 758871 ft
Australia

fans2763fb6a Posted at 2017-3-21 06:28
I was wondering the same thing about a handle for the X5S, so I decided to be very proactive. I can't wait for DJI to come out with a new $1000-$1500 only handle, rather use that to  pay for some more lenses for the Inspire 2. Anyway I created a fantastic stand that you can slip the Inspire 2 into and attach it to a Tripod. With the ability to lift the legs up and disconnect the landing sensors this now a great camera and fitted with the 9-18mm M.Zuiko 4-5.6 its a great lens and camera to use indoors. The fan noise is still a little noisy but outside its great and if like me you film a lot of real estate where I overlay audio the fan is not going to be a problem.  . Oh BTW I use a Hoodman belt mount so if I do need to carry the Inspire 2 on a move my controller is attached to the belt and no hands needed. Check out the video here...it beats waiting to use my amazing X5s on the elusive Osmo Mount3 https://youtu.be/EC4oidpAMDQ

That does look like a good, sturdy solution (though I was also a little unsure about the strap) - think I'll try and develop something similar, maybe a little more lightweight though.  Thanks for posting.
2017-4-14
Use props
IDEAFILMS
lvl.2
United States

How  long until the new x5s osmo is released? its been how long already
2017-5-15
Use props
Naquadar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88665 ft
Italy

I'm waiting too... I have an x3 but It's not enought for my job...... I would like buy the X5 bur is really expensive and is not perfect.. (cannot stop the fan... resolution in 4k is only 30fps..)
I don't know how much time we have to wait for the new osmo....
I hope a short time.......
2017-5-15
Use props
Drone Trilogy
lvl.2
Canada

Any more news on the X5s Osmo?

The X5s is a great camera and it would be awesome to use it for ground applications.
2017-6-11
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

Still no updates on this sadly
2017-6-19
Use props
Flyviewpictures
lvl.1
Switzerland

Any one have news from DJI for the OSMO X5S ?
2017-6-20
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flyviewpictures Posted at 2017-6-20 03:58
Any one have news from DJI for the OSMO X5S ?

All I'm hearing is "sooner" then the Christmas Holidays.  How much sooner I have no idea.
2017-6-21
Use props
IDEAFILMS
lvl.2
United States

please can we have a update on this
2017-8-10
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any updates? Anyone know if it is actually happening?
2017-8-16
Use props
Drone Trilogy
lvl.2
Canada

I feel like a Osmo for the X5s it will be released with the Inspire 2 Pro version.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dopey-tree Posted at 2017-8-16 09:32
Any updates? Anyone know if it is actually happening?

Sorry that we have no idea when Osmo handle will support X5S because the Cinecore image processing system is built into the aircraft nose, so it is not that simple to just design a adaptor for X5S.
Please wait patiently for the future release in our website, thank you.
2017-8-16
Use props
IDEAFILMS
lvl.2
United States

please build it with 2 handles, with all the attachments one grip is not enough
2017-8-17
Use props
office.motionma
lvl.1
  • >>>
Austria

Would be great if you could use the remote from Inspire on the handheld gimbal!
2017-9-8
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

The Zenmuse X7 has just been released, and people are saying there are hints of some kind of new osmo or handle system to accommodate this and the x5s with the same cinecore system.
Anyone have any more information on this?
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DarKSpirit Posted at 2017-10-14 03:07
The Zenmuse X7 has just been released, and people are saying there are hints of some kind of new osmo or handle system to accommodate this and the x5s with the same cinecore system.
Anyone have any more information on this?

Nope, X7 is compatible with Inspire 2 at present. For more updates, please pay attention to our website.
2017-10-14
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-14 20:20
Nope, X7 is compatible with Inspire 2 at present. For more updates, please pay attention to our website.

I check the website almost every day

I know it's compatible with the inspire 2. I own an inspire 2, but people have said that there has been leaked information regarding a handheld system which will be compatible with the x5s and x7 as they both use the new cinecore system.

This is what I'm looking forward to
2017-10-15
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

Also, the reason I am hoping we get more information soon is because I'm deciding between purchasing the x7 (and all the lenses) - which can shoot 6k raw  (to use with a handheld setup) or buying the ronin 2 to use with my 4k xavc setup. The ronin 2 with my full setup including the readyrig will be a very heavy option, where as the x7 with a potential handheld system will be much easier to carry.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DarKSpirit Posted at 2017-10-15 22:39
Also, the reason I am hoping we get more information soon is because I'm deciding between purchasing the x7 (and all the lenses) - which can shoot 6k raw  (to use with a handheld setup) or buying the ronin 2 to use with my 4k xavc setup. The ronin 2 with my full setup including the readyrig will be a very heavy option, where as the x7 with a potential handheld system will be much easier to carry.

I understand your concern, but we really don't have this info at the moment, it is kind of commercial secret and we will get the info right before the release.
Thanks for your understanding.
2017-10-16
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815102 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm planning to pick up a used X5 for pennies on the dollar when everyone jumps to the Inspire 2 to make my Osmo and Osmo Pro.  
2017-11-9
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815102 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm planning to pick up a used X5 for pennies on the dollar when everyone jumps to the Inspire 2 to make my Osmo an Osmo Pro.    Hopefully if/when they make a handle for the Inspire 2 cameras they will fix the terrible audio lag associated with the Osmo Pro.
2017-11-9
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56158 ft
Romania

I want it too. Without Osmo for X5S Inspire 2 is a joke. I will regret buy it.
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules