Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Customer Service Improvement Discussion
1042 2 2015-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AaronSevart
lvl.1

United States

DJI is trying to reinvent part of the service reputation it has developed.  This thread will be for folks to describe their service encounters with DJI good or bad.  Hopefully DJI will watch this thread and use it to their advantage in creating a better customer support experience.
2015-2-16
Use props
AaronSevart
lvl.1

United States

Now, to kick off the discussion.
My Inspire 1 showed up a couple of days ago.  It was a great looking piece of gear.  I took it for a couple of short flights and then noticed the gimbal mounting plate had one of the rubber isolation boots that was part way out.  DJI sends extra isolation rubber boots with the inspire 1 so no big deal, right?  I have to believe my gimbal mounting plate was bad from the start but did not notice it.  During the manipulation of the thin plastic plate it broke in half.  I was barely using any muscle at all, it simply popped in half.  I email tech support explaining that I would just like to purchase a new plate.  I explained that I am not looking for warranty repairs, I would just pay for the plate because I am not positive it was faulty even though with the minimal pressure I put on it I believe it was.  Simply stated I would just pay for the plate.  The response I received was quite unique.  I was told that not only does DJI not have any repair parts in stock but I would have to ship the entire unit back to China for repair.  Keep in mind this part comes with field replaceable rubber isolation boots and comes on and off without a lot of effort.  How can you sell a piece of equipment where you can rest assured that the cost for warranty is figured into the price like every other item sold out there in the world, yet not have any repair parts in stock to repair what you sold (I specifically need the mounting plate for Part 41)?  Also why would you want someone to send in a unit for a minimal part that you want to purchase the replacement for?  It is the equivalent of breaking a prop and then being told you had to ship the whole unit back to purchase a replacement prop.  DJI, please concentrate as much on the support side of the quarter as you are on the sales side of the quarter.  I'm not sure about every Country but the United States is very forgiving in my experience; however, it doesn't take long to lose credibility as a company when it comes to customer service. Once that credibility is lost it is very hard to get back.  I will update my post once some resolution is reached.  

Please use this thread to post your good or bad experiences with DJI from a customer service perspective.
AaronS
2015-2-16
Use props
chad
lvl.2

United States

My feedback is attached.
screen-shot-1.png
2015-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now