Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi DJI
Would be nice if we can add ATTI mode back in. An option would be long press the PAUSE button to activate.
Forcing ATTI mode would be nice for those who have issues when the MAVIC compass starts to skitz out. It seems (for some users) that some Mavics are are switching between GPS and ATTI and making it difficult for the pilot to recover. Forcing ATTI would give some hope of recovery.

For me, I miss ATTI as i can no longer let the Quad just drift with the wind...
2017-1-13
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

You flying in the city? Probably be a good idea to reset defaults in dji assistant (which I believe resets the imu and compass to factory setts).

Healthydrones shows I had switching when flying on the china calibration, but I never seen that on the rc. It always showed GPS. I calibrate in the same area, Healthydrones shows no switching through flights. But in the city there's rebar everywhere, not worth calibrating there. It might be better to go back to the china compass until you can get to a open area.

I want atti mode too. Be nice to have trim as well.
2017-1-13
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-13 16:31
You flying in the city? Probably be a good idea to reset defaults in dji assistant (which I believe resets the imu and compass to factory setts).

Healthydrones shows I had switching when flying on the china calibration, but I never seen that on the rc. It always showed GPS. I calibrate in the same area, Healthydrones shows no switching through flights. But in the city there's rebar everywhere, not worth calibrating there. It might be better to go back to the china compass until you can get to a open area.

No no!!! I think you are confused. Reset defaults in the GO app has no influence on the compass or IMU. Reset to defaults restores the settings in the GO app. Eg camera settings.

Also, you shouldnt be calibrating the compass at every flight location. You just need to do a nice clean prime in an open grassy field. Doing it in an open grassy field mimics what the Mavic's compass 'sees' 400ft up. The only other times a compass dance is required is after firmware upgrade or if you have traveled 50-70km east or west. If you are in the city and the controller says strong mag interference, then move the mavic a few feet away or place it on a cardboard box to get it off the rebar in the concrete.

Finally, trim is not needed in the high end Quad rotors as they have gyros to self balance. ATTI mode uses gyros to stabilise and barometric sensor to maintain height. The only time trim would be required if the Mavic had full manual mode (Naza equiped P1s/P2s had this).
2017-1-13
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-1-13 16:56
No no!!! I think you are confused.
Reset defaults in the GO app has no influence on the compass or IMU. Reset to defaults restores the settings in the GO app.

In the assistant. It resets the compass for sure, I assume it also does the imu too.
2017-1-13
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-13 17:03
In the assistant. It resets the compass for sure, I assume it also does the imu too.

The compass data and IMU data is all held on the quad/aircraft.
2017-1-13
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-1-13 17:08
The compass data and IMU data is all held on the quad/aircraft.

Aye Must be a language barrier or you've never run the assistant before! Download dji assistant 2, it's in the download section.
2017-1-13
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-13 17:23
Aye  Must be a language barrier or you've never run the assistant before! Download dji assistant 2, it's in the download section.

Oh.. the assistant app.. My bad. I kept thinking the Go app.
I rarely touch the Assistant unless firmware or need an IMU recab.
2017-1-13
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

I would not like the pause button to be used for this. The reason is that the pause button pauses the current action. But it does not cancel the current mode of operation. If you are in the flight mode POI and your app crashes, there is currently no button to ancel the POI mode with the RC. You can just pause it and use the sticks to increase radius etc. but not to fly the drone back. That is why I would use a longpress on the pause button to cancel the current mode of operation.
2017-1-14
Use props
fans92b36800
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1023182 ft
Netherlands

Still, ATTI mode is very useful to get an idea of the windspeed and direction on your location. Also it gives very nice cinematic shots when just drifting with the wind.
2017-1-14
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

fans92b36800 Posted at 2017-1-14 00:51
Still, ATTI mode is very useful to get an idea of the windspeed and direction on your location. Also it gives very nice cinematic shots when just drifting with the wind.

You hit the spot right there!! Love the drifting when the elements take it!
2017-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules