Chicago
1652 7 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UltraKD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8579 ft
United States

Hello from Chicago, I have flown my Mavic a little bit outside with the cold temps i dont want to chance a crash but its an awesome little machine.
2017-1-13
Use props
effPOLITICS
lvl.1

United States

howdy! I'm like 20 mins out of the city. i wasn't able to fly my drone till i got to mexico bc of the weather in chicago ha.
2017-1-16
Use props
UltraKD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8579 ft
United States

effPOLITICS Posted at 2017-1-16 01:09
howdy! I'm like 20 mins out of the city. i wasn't able to fly my drone till i got to mexico bc of the weather in chicago ha.

I flew it in the city a couple of times, then there was a TFR over the entire city due to the presidents farewell speech so that day was shot. but all and all its working great so far.
2017-1-18
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336972 ft
United States

Hello Chicago! Got out finally on Saturday with the unseasonably warm January weather. First nice day since the Mavic arrived. Got out to one of the CCFP air fields for a while. Good fun. Now I just need another battery or two so I can play with settings a little more. ~40 minutes flying time and I was just scratching the surface I think.
2017-1-23
Use props
Jeff Goldberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1457329 ft
United States

I am in far Northern suburbs. I too finally made it out this weekend.  Going to try the city next week... let's see how weather holds.
2017-1-23
Use props
thelyingmonkey
New
Flight distance : 176207 ft
United States

Managed to take the Phantom outside for the first time this weekend with this beautiful weather. Where are your favorite spots to fly in the city? New to this and would love the recommendations!
2017-2-20
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336972 ft
United States

I haven't flown in the city yet. So much conflicting information on where you can/cannot fly within the city. Northerly Island is where I'd love to fly at some point. When the weather turns nicer and I get around to it I'll have to contact the park district for a final say. Many sources say it's OK but then I find a few that say it is not. Would be a great shot of the skyline and harbors though.

I fly at the Cook Count Forest Preserve's AMA flying fields while I'm testing settings and practicing flying. They do require an AMA membership (or self insurance naming the FPDCC).
2017-3-2
Use props
fansf7d6187b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10108 ft
  • >>>
United States

anyone going out this weekend?
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now