Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Compass Calibration
1664 7 2017-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photomadnz
lvl.3
Australia

I continually get the warning to calibrate the compass of the RC. It shows a figure of 8 but 95% of the time, once Ive done this nothing changes. The only way to carry on is to cancel it.

A couple of times it has worked after about a minute and ticked itself but thats rare. Is everyone else continually getting this message?

Compass calibration

Compass calibration
2017-1-13
Use props
richparry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't say much other than to say I get the same message, but I ignore it, probably not a good idea. Any idea what the purpose of the RC compass is?
2017-1-13
Use props
richparry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't say much other than to say I get the same message, but I ignore it, probably not a good idea. Any idea what the purpose of the RC compass is?
2017-1-13
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

richparry Posted at 2017-1-13 23:01

It's so the app knows which way you are facing and the radar display will work properly for you.
It has nothing to do with the Phantom's flight.
2017-1-13
Use props
fans4f081bfb
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi, I had the same once a time with my brand new P4P+. I made the movements and it is gone. My problem now: The red arrow and the N sign are not shown correct. Any idea how I can calibrate the compass in the RC? The calibration in the Go4 App for IMU and Compass I made, and thy looking perfect. Thanks!
2017-2-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I assume this is a P4 or P4P we're talking about?

Does the controller itself actually have its own compass?  Or is the warning referring to the compass in the mobile device?  
2017-2-10
Use props
liningiv
Second Officer
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-10 07:12
I assume this is a P4 or P4P we're talking about?

Does the controller itself actually have its own compass?  Or is the warning referring to the compass in the mobile device?

It must have, because the arrow on the compass will change direction as you walk in a circle, even when your P4P is flying.
2017-2-11
Use props
warloc59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hahaha!  Lol.  At first I thought he was just blowing smoke up our asses. I had no idea there was such a thing. Of course I only on the P3P.
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules