Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Philippines
12Next >
22325 46 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4KManila
lvl.1

Philippines

Hello DJI pilots from the Philippines! Let's discuss DJI related stuff in this thread.
2017-1-14
Use props
4KManila
lvl.1

Philippines

Who else is experiencing fluctuating GPS signals in Metro Manila? The main reason I got an overpriced Mavic Fly More Package was because I've lost faith in the way my Phantom 3 Pro kept losing GPS reception above 20 meters within the Quezon City area. Unfortunately it's the same sad strory of erratic GPS with the Mavic. If I only knew that GPS was crippled in Metro Manila I'd just have waited for prices to stablize instead of paying extra.

I'd like to compile a list of places where GPS is unreliable:

College of Science, UP Diliman
Admin Building, UP Diliman
Football Field, Quezon Memorial Circle

Please feel free to add to my list so that hopefully we can figure out what's causing this. Note that all the areas in my list started having trouble last October 2016 only.
2017-1-14
Use props
4KManila
lvl.1

Philippines

4KManila Posted at 2017-1-14 02:25
Who else is experiencing fluctuating GPS signals in Metro Manila? The main reason I got an overpriced Mavic Fly More Package was because I've lost faith in the way my Phantom 3 Pro kept losing GPS reception above 20 meters within the Quezon City area. Unfortunately it's the same sad strory of erratic GPS with the Mavic. If I only knew that GPS was crippled in Metro Manila I'd just have waited for prices to stablize instead of paying extra.

I'd like to compile a list of places where GPS is unreliable:

GPS errors started JULY 15 2016 (not October 2016)
2017-1-14
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

I live and fly around the BGC area. So far I've only flown in a couple of open fields/lots and at relatively low altitudes, so I think there's very little chance of buildings getting in the way. I can't say I've had any GPS issues. I always wait for at least 10+ sats and 4 bars of GPS before I take off. I've never had any trouble once the Mavic's in the air. At least nothing severe enough to notice. Once it's up and a little away from me, it would be hard for me to notice any small amount of drift.

What kind of problems are you having? Does it totally lose GPS lock and switch to ATTI mode while flying?
2017-1-16
Use props
lex_ville
lvl.1

Japan

I would not dare fly in metro manila specially will all the buildings there.. yes, BGC is a good place to start.. or any golf course perhaps. just maintain a line of sight and configure to return home if theres any signal loss. tagaytay and subic area seem like a nice play to fly.
2017-1-22
Use props
Unimogking
New

China

Can you tell me is there any training school for DJI in Manila or philippines
2017-2-7
Use props
DiscoDracky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477448 ft
Philippines

Well I think GPS can be interrupted by other radio skips, just make sure of your flight pattern that there now nearby cellular antennas or microwave signals, since QC has a lot of them
Happy flying
2017-2-9
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Busy cities like Metro Manila are never a good spot to fly. Radio antennas, LOTS of interference and microwave directional antennas can kill your connection even just 300 meters away from you. In addition, you usually have lots of choppers (police, fire, hospitals). You need to stay low and very near to be safe.
2017-2-22
Use props
SkyMemories
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

Don't fly in the city which a lot of antenna=)
2017-2-23
Use props
CirCool
New
Philippines

Hello, I'm planning on getting in on aerial photography and wanted to buy dji phantom 3, but I can't buy directly on dji website. where do you suggest I buy without much price difference?
2017-4-15
Use props
keithanim8
Captain
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

Hello, kabayans. When you got your drone, did you also obtain a flying permit (or UAV Certificate of Authorization) from CAAP? If so, did they email you the permit/authorization letter or did they snail mail it?
2017-5-30
Use props
Jan Vincent
New
Flight distance : 611972 ft
Philippines

Good day!

It would be great if we can make this thread active. So we can share our flight experiences.

I would also like to ask if we need to register our drones?
2017-8-6
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

I'm bringing my P4P to Las Pinas for Christmas/New Years.  Would love to keep in touch, I have some questions about drone regulations in PH.  Maraming salamat po.
2017-8-17
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Philippines

Arrived in Las Piñas last week.  WOW, you don’t need to go far to lose transmission.  
Looking forward to trips to Baguio, Laguna and Tagaytay for some great scenery and less interference.
F6F9645F-6F93-498B-96FD-AA4376B13B24.jpeg
2017-12-26
Use props
silentrockista
New
Philippines

Hi! I'm confused. Do I still need to get a flying permit (or any permits related to drone flying) even if its for personal use and not for commercial?
2018-1-1
Use props
Sherlock33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57103 ft
Philippines

My research led me to this video from CAAP posted last October. The term being used now is RPA (remotely piloted aircraft). Hope this helps. https://youtu.be/NXKAYDhy9o8
2018-1-3
Use props
blackb0x
lvl.1
Philippines

Hello! Just got my Spark last week. I'll try flying it this weekend. Good luck to me. Lol.  Don't fly away please...
2018-1-15
Use props
djiuser_sdoW3Ia
New
Flight distance : 23812 ft
Philippines

Sherlock33 Posted at 2018-1-3 18:02
My research led me to this video from CAAP posted last October. The term being used now is RPA (remotely piloted aircraft). Hope this helps. https://youtu.be/NXKAYDhy9o8

Thanks for sharing the YouTube link - very helpful and I will use this to explain to any authorities that may question me when operating my DJI Spark. Happy flying
2018-1-19
Use props
fans50fb7ab9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1801 ft
Philippines

noticed that the various flight modes does not appear anymore in my app what do shall i do to get it back?
2018-2-18
Use props
tesohn
lvl.1
Philippines

Better to fly in the provinces
2018-2-24
Use props
Mavic_Luca
New
Flight distance : 11004 ft
Italy

Hi to evreyone dji pilots of Philippines,

this June i will come on holiday overthere, exactly on Palawan El Nido, more exactly on Corong Corong.
Im so exciting to go there, really love Philippines: the sea, enviromente and atmosphere are relly amazing!

Obviously i wanna use Mavic Pro for do amzing shot and video then i have some question:

- i take philippines airlines for go there, its possible to fly with mavic? must declaration it?
- evreyone fly to El Nido? The GPS signal work?
- Philippines have some particular rules to drones?

Thanks erveyone for replay,

Enjoy

2018-3-16
Use props
CrazyWood69
New

United States

Goji เป็นวิธีการรักษาที่ดีที่สุดสำหรับการฟื้นฟูผิวของคุณ Goji Cream เหมาะสำหรับทุกเพศทุกวัย ผิวของคุณจะเรียบเนียน ลืมผิวที่เสื่อมสภาพคุณจะดูอ่อนวัยกว่า 15 ปี http://pilipinas-reviews.com/goji-cream/
2018-3-29
Use props
RjMllr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Hi mga kababayan! We have an event in our company and my superiors requested for me to take drone shots of our building in BGC. They said that they will secure permit so I can fly there.

Is there any issue with interference there? It is specifically in Marajo Tower, BGC.

In relation to this, I think I need some assurance with my company, that if anything bad happens (like my drone crash into something), it is there responsibility, and they should replace my drone.

BTW, I am using DJI Spark.

Thank you for your answers!
2018-4-2
Use props
itsmePJ
New
Philippines

Hey guys! Any DJI Spark users here?

I update everything and tried to make it fly, successfully, I made it fly. After that what's next?
Need help about the other configurations (or if there are other configurations/settings I need to do to make it better).
2018-4-11
Use props
Eddie Pozon
lvl.1

Philippines

Any suggestions for nice spots to fly drone in Cebu area...
2018-5-15
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Philippines

Looking for P4P Blades

Hello DJI Philippines!

Does anyone know where in Metro Manila to buy Phantom 4 Pro blades?
Maraming salama.
2018-5-20
Use props
DJBrofar
New

Philippines

Hi everyone,

Newbie Spark pilot here from Laguna.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJBrofar
New

Philippines

Kuya Kano Posted at 2018-5-20 06:00
Hello DJI Philippines!

Does anyone know where in Metro Manila to buy Phantom 4 Pro blades?

Have you tried searching on online shops (e.g. Lazada, Shopee, OLX, etc.)?
2018-7-28
Use props
DJBrofar
New

Philippines

itsmePJ Posted at 2018-4-11 22:12
Hey guys! Any DJI Spark users here?

I update everything and tried to make it fly, successfully, I made it fly. After that what's next?

Hi. If you bought the Fly more combo. I think its already covered (except if there is a new firmware update for RC and/or the craft). The rest is just exploring the flight modes and gestures functionality of the Spark.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJBrofar
New

Philippines

fans50fb7ab9 Posted at 2018-2-18 16:30
noticed that the various flight modes does not appear anymore in my app what do shall i do to get it back?

Hi.

Try the following:
1.) Update the DJI Go App.
2.) Reset everything (Drone, RC, and Phone.)

Let me know if this helps.

It would be helpful if you provide more details to your scenario.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJBrofar
New

Philippines

Mavic_Luca Posted at 2018-3-16 00:15
Hi to evreyone dji pilots of Philippines,

this June i will come on holiday overthere, exactly on Palawan El Nido, more exactly on Corong Corong.

Hi.

If your coming from outside the Philippines, you need to contact Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) and secure a permit from them that you will be carrying your drone to the Philippines.

For the Rules and regulation of using Drones in the Philippines, please refer to this video. ()

Hope this helps.
2018-7-28
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Philippines

DJBrofar Posted at 2018-7-28 07:16
Have you tried searching on online shops (e.g. Lazada, Shopee, OLX, etc.)?

Salamat Po, I'm new to Lazada, I didn't know they offer DJI products.  Thank you, I will take a look.
2018-8-5
Use props
fanse705928f
lvl.1

Philippines

Have you tried turning off bluetooth on your device? So far I have no problem with connection.  No problem reaching 8000ft on my spark.
2018-8-11
Use props
glahoz
New
Flight distance : 19485 ft
Philippines

Hi guys,

I flew my drone this morning and at about 4 meters high, the drone suddenly crashed, hit the boat and into the water. I was able to recover it. I am still very curious as to why it happened which is why I would need your help to decode the flight records/logs. Here's the link to the log:
https://app.airdata.com/flight/2 ... 9ec/GENERALOverview

I hope someone could interpret. I'm still waiting for DJI's response. Thanks!!!
2018-8-24
Use props
Daniel C Fabay
New

Hong Kong

i am a permanent resident of hong Kong, and I want to bring my phantom 4 in the Philippines, is there any required papers to bring?, it's only for personal use.
2018-11-19
Use props
Phantom4Fly3r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179400 ft
Philippines

hi good afternoon po, ask ko lang sana, kasi flying ako ng 80 meters then suddenly namatay ang drone ano po kaya ang possible cause? saka may alam kayo na repair service ng drone dito sa philippines
2018-11-21
Use props
djiuser_oBBUXt4M2LFW
New

Philippines

lex_ville Posted at 2017-1-22 23:45
I would not dare fly in metro manila specially will all the buildings there.. yes, BGC is a good place to start.. or any golf course perhaps. just maintain a line of sight and configure to return home if theres any signal loss. tagaytay and subic area seem like a nice play to fly.

Hi. Do you need to have a permit to fly in bgc?
2018-12-6
Use props
STUPID ERNIE
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi!  Any other place in Manila to fly drones, other than Pinaglabanan Park in San Juan?  Thank you.
2019-1-8
Use props
fans450b6b7f
New

Philippines

Sino pa po dito ang may dji phantom 1.1.1?, gusto ko lang icompare ang phantom 1.1.1 na bigay ng brother ko.. sira ata batteries or ang phantom mismo..

Thanks in advanced
2019-2-12
Use props
djiuser_5wzbiLpZXgrV
New

Philippines

Hi guys,
currently I am in the area around Roxas, Palawan, and travelling to El Nido in a few days. My propellers of my Phantom 4 Pro are broken. Do you know if I can buy new ones somewhere around El Nido?
Thanks very much in advance!
Sebi
2019-2-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules