Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maximum altitude reached error at low altitude
10989 15 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Day In Nature
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69783 ft
Thailand

I get maximum altitude reached very low... Maube 10m or so... I tried to increase maximum altitude from 120 to 500 and i was able to fly higher normally very smooth and stable. But then I changed the battery and got the same error again... Changing altitude did nothing this time.
Tried turning down vision sensor but mavic was drifting without it...
I was getting ~7 gps signals.
Using Dji go 4.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
2017-1-14
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Yes, sounds like your Mavic has no GPS but the vision system is working fine. In that situation the max altitude is limited to what the vision sensors can do (16ft). Missing GPS explains the drifting. In terms of signal quality do not count the number of GPS connections but look at the icon. The icon shows how good the signal is. The number of satellites is misleading nonsense.
2017-1-14
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.1
Thailand

Thanks, But why the first time at the same spot I was flying just fine, but after changing battery I got that limiting error...
2017-1-14
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

You can tap the compass icon on the app's start page to access your flight logs. There you can check what the GPS icon looked like. Is it red, it explains everything you experienced. The question then only is, why did you not get a good GPS signal at the second flight.
2017-1-14
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Day In Nature Posted at 2017-1-14 07:35
Thanks, But why the first time at the same spot I was flying just fine, but after changing battery I got that limiting error...

Locations with limited "view" of the sky can make your GPS signals decrease and the number of sats seen less than normal.  Remember, GPS sats are moving all the time, so the same location at a different time (even just a few minutes later) could give you VERY different GPS sat readings.  I'm going to guess the location you were flying was surrounded by buildings, trees or something else that limited your view of the sky to just what was overhead.  Get to an open area and see if you have any issues.
2017-1-14
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.1
Thailand

Yep I was filming rock climbing and take off was very close to the wall. I checked flight logs.. at start mavic had no gps, but got it after i got a bit higher... It was jumping between 1-4 bars...
But all the flight was smooth... On a 2nd go after i changed the battery it stayed in no gps mode and i was not able to get higher where It could reach gps signal.
2017-1-14
Use props
PatientPlaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512260 ft
Canada

I had a situation yesterday, where I was under heavy tree cover, and flew down into a wide gorge, I had not GPS, and I was ok with that as I was in full line of sight.... but when I descended down into the gorge I kept getting a maximum altitude reached message.... and as I went down I kept getting it.... but when I went to ascend..... I couldn't fly up back to me...... I let it hover while try a bunch of different settings to no avail.... I did finally get enough gps satellites to get a lock and then was able to get it back.... whew!... Is there a way to override that?... if I turned off the vision sensors would that have worked? I did not want to do that because I was close to rocks....
2017-1-15
Use props
fans935d9a96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1623212 ft
United Kingdom

I'm getting maximum altitude and maximum distance warnings at 30m height and 40 m distance sporadically and irrespective of number of satellites showing. The P4P puts the brakes on, gives a verbal maximum altitude / max distance warning and won't go any further irrespective of switching to A mode.  Sometimes it clears if I come back in and land and re-start the aircraft and base unit. Not sure yet whether this occurs more with certain batteries than others (got 6). I've got the P4P plus (screen included) and this has only happened since the last upgrade and acknowledging a software incompatibility warning which seemed to clear itself (I also always get 'Strong interference' warnings as well since the upgrade  - and because the system doesnt have to use a phone / ipad  suggests that this is part of a series of software glitches that need ironing out).  Like many other P4P owners my machine is work kit and at the moment, in the middle of filming for a client, this is seriously screwing up work flow.

Upgrades to the P4P+ seem to be a bit of a mystery-tour as it's all automated when connected to WiFi (unlike my old phantoms that required 'feeding' via their microSD card). Not sure how battery software is upgraded and could this problem be related to batteries missing their updates if they're not in the aircraft at the time the rest of the system is upgraded?
2017-7-6
Use props
fanse0e42195
lvl.1
Flight distance : 734967 ft
France

fans935d9a96 Posted at 2017-7-6 11:26
I'm getting maximum altitude and maximum distance warnings at 30m height and 40 m distance sporadically and irrespective of number of satellites showing. The P4P puts the brakes on, gives a verbal maximum altitude / max distance warning and won't go any further irrespective of switching to A mode.  Sometimes it clears if I come back in and land and re-start the aircraft and base unit. Not sure yet whether this occurs more with certain batteries than others (got 6). I've got the P4P plus (screen included) and this has only happened since the last upgrade and acknowledging a software incompatibility warning which seemed to clear itself (I also always get 'Strong interference' warnings as well since the upgrade  - and because the system doesnt have to use a phone / ipad  suggests that this is part of a series of software glitches that need ironing out).  Like many other P4P owners my machine is work kit and at the moment, in the middle of filming for a client, this is seriously screwing up work flow.

Upgrades to the P4P+ seem to be a bit of a mystery-tour as it's all automated when connected to WiFi (unlike my old phantoms that required 'feeding' via their microSD card). Not sure how battery software is upgraded and could this problem be related to batteries missing their updates if they're not in the aircraft at the time the rest of the system is upgraded?

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem with my remote on phantom 4 pro +, have you found the solution?
2017-7-11
Use props
fans8c1bc6f0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 323645 ft
France

PatientPlaya Posted at 2017-1-15 13:26
I had a situation yesterday, where I was under heavy tree cover, and flew down into a wide gorge, I had not GPS, and I was ok with that as I was in full line of sight.... but when I descended down into the gorge I kept getting a maximum altitude reached message.... and as I went down I kept getting it.... but when I went to ascend..... I couldn't fly up back to me...... I let it hover while try a bunch of different settings to no avail.... I did finally get enough gps satellites to get a lock and then was able to get it back.... whew!... Is there a way to override that?... if I turned off the vision sensors would that have worked? I did not want to do that because I was close to rocks....

Hello, here is my first message on this forum, sorry if i forget some informations and also for my English.
I had exactly the same problem yesterday, take off from a bridge in "opti mode" because i dont have a good gps signal then i went down over the river until -9 meters then i received a message which says than i have reached the maximum fly altitude so it was impossible to go back up to me. All the other function were fine but impossible to go up (on the remote and on the phone it was writen -9 meters). A friend of mine had to run until he find a place to go down in the river the i flew until him to landing in his hand!!!  after that i had to change my underwere!!!  
Anyone has an idee about what is the reason of this very dangerous problem?
thank you
2017-8-16
Use props
Eren Rae
lvl.1

Philippines

I have encountered the same issue yesterday with my mavic air, trying to fly on an area with lots of trees and first got the weak gps signal alert and when i reach 3.9m it says max altitude approached, i have 6 sats.

Is it still safe to fly the drone in that condition or better to just land it down?

Thanks for the help
2018-10-31
Use props
djiuser_cXicdzHHM9Hx
New

Switzerland

Please let me know if you find a solution. It happened to me today too.
2018-11-17
Use props
Mattharvey1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110869 ft

I have had this happen twice with my Air.

Both times have been in bright conditions and flying over water (extra squeaky bum time!) - so perhaps if the downwards senors are turned off this would help?
2019-9-12
Use props
KangaAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 590974 ft
Austria

Had a similar experience in a gorge (Vienna Austria) 3 days ago, seriously thought I would lose the Mavic Air, maximum heart palpitations LOL.
Been flying two years never encountered this problem before.

Had limited satellite coverage, after 2 minutes in a narrow gorge "max altitude alert" beeped, thought ok this is a new challenge, refused to go up, only down.

Could not get a strong sat signal, feverishly looked to change altitude settings, no deal. Disabled sensors (cautiously) ... made no difference to alert.

It was not until I moved drone horizontal in gorge that a GPS signal eventually got enabled, instantly allowed me to ascend and get the hell out of there.

Gorge

Gorge
2020-9-19
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12165479 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

KangaAir Posted at 9-19 02:50
Had a similar experience in a gorge (Vienna Austria) 3 days ago, seriously thought I would lose the Mavic Air, maximum heart palpitations LOL.
Been flying two years never encountered this problem before.

wow, you were lucky to get a GPS signal !!
If not, this is the way to loose a DJI drone!

DJI should make a change in their software, if this happens user must be able to override this setting and fly UP without a max altitude limitation.

cheers
JJB
2020-9-19
Use props
KangaAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 590974 ft
Austria

JJB* Posted at 9-19 03:26
wow, you were lucky to get a GPS signal !!
If not, this is the way to loose a DJI drone!

Yeah, I was under the impression we could fly manually out of these situations (line of site).

Definitely not the case. Mavic Air is heavily dependant on GPS under any circumstances.
2020-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules