Best Buy Canada has fly more combos in stock
1667 14 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tiimbit31
lvl.3
Flight distance : 304209 ft
Canada

Just on Best Buy Canada website and they have 24 fly more combos in stock.

2017-1-14
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

How right you are.  Checking now, down to 18 and it looks like its only an hour after your post.
2017-1-14
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Guys better run and get one before it up, up and away.
2017-1-14
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

Wow.. only 9 left now!
2017-1-14
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

And now they are all gone.
2017-1-14
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

ouach... so fast...
but thank you for the tips...
2017-1-14
Use props
hak1308
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121 ft
Canada

icerecou Posted at 2017-1-14 17:34
ouach... so fast...
but thank you for the tips...

Remember that DJi direct orders are tax included at USD1299 which is $1702CDN delivered. You are going to pay $1977.49 (for example for 13% HST Addred). Thats $277 more to get it fast. Is it worth it?
2017-1-14
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

hak1308 Posted at 2017-1-14 18:08
Remember that DJi direct orders are tax included at USD1299 which is $1702CDN delivered. You are going to pay $1977.49 (for example for 13% HST Addred). Thats $277 more to get it fast. Is it worth it?

Yes, I agree with you.  But there is another factor.  For those having problems, myself included, its much easier to just pack it up and send it back for full refund of exchange rather than dealing with DJI.  Sure DJI may fix your problem, they may even exchange it for a new one, but there is a certain benefit to knowing that you can always just return it.  

In my opinion, far too many Mavic's are having problems, and although DJI have been quite good about paying for shipping and returning drones as fast as they can given the huge unexpected demand, its still a huge problem that this many need service right out of the box.  Reading the forums, its apparent that some cameras don't work right, some gimbals don't work right, some compasses seem to be broken, some ultrasonic or visions sensors aren't working right, etc.  Too many unknowns really.
2017-1-14
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Unabalievaballs!  They haven't shpped my sept 28 preorder yet BUT they are selling 'fly mores'....these weren't even available via preorder!!!  Best Buy is not managing things well but at least there is some stock now.  They should give out the fly more's to those who first placed orders....imo
2017-1-14
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-1-14 22:34
Unabalievaballs!  They haven't shpped my sept 28 preorder yet BUT they are selling 'fly mores'....these weren't even available via preorder!!!  Best Buy is not managing things well but at least there is some stock now.  They should give out the fly more's to those who first placed orders....imo

Well, guess what everyone....BB finally shipped some physical Mavics.  HOWEVER they sold 20+ "Fly More Bundles" yesterday online (sold out in 1 hour) as confirmed on DJI Formums.

Here's the big stink:  Fly More Bundles WERE NOT an initial preorder item; I don't think they even made it to BB website until November!!!!

Great news to those that bought them yesterday...but why Best Buy are you selling items that were not preorder items to people yesterday when many of US have been waiting since september???????????????

So now Best Buy is lying about the supposed 'queued shipping release' aka "First to order, First to ship".

Best Buy if they had any decency, would have shipped these 24 bundles to the first 26 people who placed their orders back in Sept; keep the extras as GOODWILL for this fiasco.  

It's obvious the BB can't manage to bring in the correct stock items in the order procurred.  Also evident from them removing the "Release Date" and product from it's website recently, only to update the release date (yesterday) with "Jan 4"; back-dating?????  If BB was given a release date of Jan 4, why not update it before this date, and not on Jan 13/14!  Proof that release dates were a sham all along
2017-1-15
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-1-15 11:11
Well, guess what everyone....BB finally shipped some physical Mavics.  HOWEVER they sold 20+ "Fly More Bundles" yesterday online (sold out in 1 hour) as confirmed on DJI Formums.

Here's the big stink:  Fly More Bundles WERE NOT an initial preorder item; I don't think they even made it to BB website until November!!!!

Did you order just the drone or the combo?  I imagine that if BB didn't get any single drones, there is not much they can do.  The combos are packaged differently and I'm sure have a different product number.  I'm assuming you ordered just the drone, and technically, they don't have just the drone, only the combo.  Of course I'm not trying to defend DJI, but it seems like if this is how it happened, not much BB can do since they aren't going to open up the boxes and take out the extras.
2017-1-15
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

Stewie Griffin Posted at 2017-1-15 13:25
Did you order just the drone or the combo?  I imagine that if BB didn't get any single drones, there is not much they can do.  The combos are packaged differently and I'm sure have a different product number.  I'm assuming you ordered just the drone, and technically, they don't have just the drone, only the combo.  Of course I'm not trying to defend DJI, but it seems like if this is how it happened, not much BB can do since they aren't going to open up the boxes and take out the extras.

I was stating that BB should ship the bundles to preorder people as a direct replacment..aka NOT to "they aren't going to open up the boxes and take out the extras".

BB procured the single mavics 1.5 months in advance of the bundles; Fly-mores didn't go on preorder until November whereas the single mavics when on site in Sept....
2017-1-17
Use props
fans6b1659a0
lvl.2

United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-1-14 22:34

Lol.............
2017-1-17
Use props
hak1308
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121 ft
Canada

Stewie Griffin Posted at 2017-1-14 18:17
Yes, I agree with you.  But there is another factor.  For those having problems, myself included, its much easier to just pack it up and send it back for full refund of exchange rather than dealing with DJI.  Sure DJI may fix your problem, they may even exchange it for a new one, but there is a certain benefit to knowing that you can always just return it.  

In my opinion, far too many Mavic's are having problems, and although DJI have been quite good about paying for shipping and returning drones as fast as they can given the huge unexpected demand, its still a huge problem that this many need service right out of the box.  Reading the forums, its apparent that some cameras don't work right, some gimbals don't work right, some compasses seem to be broken, some ultrasonic or visions sensors aren't working right, etc.  Too many unknowns really.

Hey just so you know that Best Buy doesn't refund Drones if they are opened. Only exchange. Also they don't price match if the manufacturer drops the price (only other similar auth. dealers).
2017-1-17
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

Stewie Griffin Posted at 2017-1-14 17:18
And now they are all gone.

Right now BB Canada has more Mavics/Fly Mores online.  10 left (17 1 hr ago...).  I bought one, screw my preorder.
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules