Controller locked up
2220 13 2017-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Camper Bob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38635 ft
United States

This morning I received a message to upgrade the software on my controller.  Did so.  Flew Mavic once and all was good.  Turned it on later for another flight and the controller was beeping and wanted me to reset my control sticks.  Went thru the procedure a few times, but the "complete" was grayed out.  Manipulated the sticks a few more times with no change.  Decided to revert back to the previous software version and tried to downgrade the software and now the controller is totally locked up.  The DJI 2 is now not able to read whatever version of software I have in the controller.  It gives me a fail in reading the version.  Is there a reset for the controller itself or must it go in to DJI?  Frustrated!!
2017-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please check your current firmware version from DJI GO app?  
And please try to reinstall the DJI assistant and link the controller to it again.
2017-1-15
Use props
Camper Bob
lvl.2
United States

Have done what you asked.  After updating the controller I reset it and when it came on again, still got the calibrate sticks error message again.  What now?
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Camper Bob Posted at 2017-1-15 14:45
Have done what you asked.  After updating the controller I reset it and when it came on again, still got the calibrate sticks error message again.  What now?

Did you get the sticks error on the controller screen?
Will the controller beep when you got the error message?
Please click the "Reply" button, so I can see you're responding to me.
2017-1-15
Use props
Camper Bob
lvl.2
United States

The stick error message was on the controller screen.  Lots of beeping also.
2017-1-16
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

I had this happening to me 2 days ago. Rc beeping crazy and message on display stick error. I had to turn off the controller few times. It eventually works.
Just One thing i was wearing a samsung gear watch who wasn't in airplane mode.
2017-1-16
Use props
Camper Bob
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-15 23:53
Did you get the sticks error on the controller screen?
Will the controller beep when you got the error message?
Please click the "Reply" button, so I can see you're responding to me.

Still have the same problem.  Called DJI tech support and was on hold for over 2 hours and then when I was #7 I was disconnected.  What kind of service is this.  Sorry I did't find the reply button.  Please help,
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Camper Bob Posted at 2017-1-17 07:24
Still have the same problem.  Called DJI tech support and was on hold for over 2 hours and then when I was #7 I was disconnected.  What kind of service is this.  Sorry I did't find the reply button.  Please help,

Please try to move the sticks, gimbal dial and camera settings dial for several times after turn on the RC.
It should become normal after that.
2017-1-18
Use props
Camper Bob
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 04:00
Please try to move the sticks, gimbal dial and camera settings dial for several times after turn on the RC.
It should become normal after that.

I did all that.  Finally got in touch with tech. support.  We tried a number of things and finally it was decided that my controller was defective.  They will issue an RMA and I will be sending it in for repair.  Hope that cures it.  Thanks for your help.
2017-1-18
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Are you running DJI GO or GO 4?.  I had a stick calibration problem in GO 4 and had to go back to GO to calibrate.  Calibration held when I went back to GO 4.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Camper Bob Posted at 2017-1-18 06:55
I did all that.  Finally got in touch with tech. support.  We tried a number of things and finally it was decided that my controller was defective.  They will issue an RMA and I will be sending it in for repair.  Hope that cures it.  Thanks for your help.

No problem. After send it in, if you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-1-19
Use props
Camper Bob
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-19 00:40
No problem. After send it in, if you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your help.  I am still waiting for the RMA to be issued with a mailing label.  Could you help?
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Camper Bob Posted at 2017-1-19 06:28
Thanks for your help.  I am still waiting for the RMA to be issued with a mailing label.  Could you help?

What is your ticket/case# and I will make sure the shipping label gets sent to you today.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Camper Bob Posted at 2017-1-19 06:28

I have just checked your case and our support have sent you the shipping label early today.
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules