Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Possible Prop Rattle Fix
617 6 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the tight tolerances between the prop and the mount, even with changes in temperature could cause rattle to occur as material expands and contracts. Placing a small and thin piece of sticky back foam in the well of the prop mount takes up the space thus stopping the rattle. I did not have any foam here but I placed a small piece of tissue in there and the rattle stopped. Has anyone else tried something like this?
Tom,
2017-1-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

how about you post a short video or some photos showing us your ideas. That would be helpful

Rich
2017-1-15
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, that is my plan but I don't have the sticky back foam here at the house. I think there is some where I work and I'll bring some home tomorrow and try it. If it works I'll take some photos and post them here. All I used for this test was a piece os tissue paper which is not what I would really want to use.

Regards,
Tom
2017-1-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

A piece of adhesive tape will work the manufacturing tolerances aren't that crap! I've found this to be true of the I1 for months already. So nothing new here. The problem is exacerbated in the I2 because of the greater moment exerted by the larger props and also some units not having their mounts tightened evenly.
2017-1-15
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

There is already a thread with photos and fix for this same goes for the "white" props

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D385%26typeid%3D385
2017-1-15
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-1-15 16:44
A piece of adhesive tape will work  the manufacturing tolerances aren't that crap! I've found this to be true of the I1 for months already. So nothing new here. The problem is exacerbated in the I2 because of the greater moment exerted by the larger props and also some units not having their mounts tightened evenly.

I tried tighten the screws with a torque tool made no difference. But DJI sent me some new props and all i can say is they are perfect fit. The only difference is these are the same as the ones you see for sale on the DJI web page (1 pair in a bag) I think the earlier shipments have 4 in a bag (2 sets)   
2017-1-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-15 17:03
I tried tighten the screws with a torque tool made no difference. But DJI sent me some new props and all i can say is they are perfect fit. The only difference is these are the same as the ones you see for sale on the DJI web page (1 pair in a bag) I think the earlier shipments have 4 in a bag (2 sets)

Sooner or later you'll end up using some tape to balance the fit. This issue is inherent in the quick release design but something I can live with. If you can come up with a better non-screw idea, I'm sure DJI will be happy to hear it.
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules