Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Says Expected Turn-Around Time on RMA (returns) is 4 weeks
2831 31 2015-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chad
lvl.1

United States

Just ran across this note on the DJI support site:

"Currently, the expected turnaround time for our repair facility is approximately four weeks from the time it has been received and checked into the repair queue."

Source: http://spark6.d.pr/1iWJ4

Has anyone had to return their Inspire1s for repair? If so, how long was your turn-around time?

2015-2-16
Use props
RickRoberts01
Second Officer
Flight distance : 191575 ft
United States

Sent mine in last week, ETA DJI Monday 2-16.  No word on the turn around time yet
2015-2-16
Use props
Jiblabs
lvl.3

United States

yeah just sent mine in last week and i haven't even heard from them
2015-2-16
Use props
dbeck.promobox
Second Officer

United States

Two weeks and counting
2015-2-16
Use props
tonyrawlings.gm
lvl.1

United States

Keep in mind of the Chinese New Year holiday over there.
2015-2-16
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.1

United States

My week 3 of the inspire being at the service center started today. I haven't moved up in queue or heard anything since I was notified they received it. Hoping I hear some good news this week. Fingers and toes crossed.

2015-2-16
Use props
Jiblabs
lvl.3

United States

I'm frustrated cause the damage to my inspire was minor but they wouldn't let me just order parts I had to send it in.
2015-2-16
Use props
PixelArtFilms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my repair return to me in 2 weeks although I was also told 3 to 4 weeks.
2015-2-17
Use props
chad
lvl.1

United States

@clintbarton -

My week 3 of the inspire being at the service center started today.

Mine has been in the queue almost a week now. I've pinged them 3 times with no response except the initial auto-responder. Looks like we are in the same boat.

On a side-note, does anyone know what these Repair Position Queue codes stand for?
queue.png
2015-2-17
Use props
wisesafe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1009573 ft
United States

Mine was checked into the Que on 2/2/2015 at position A1. Yesterday the "Last Activity" was "14 days ago". Today "Last Activity" changed to "5 hours ago". Also the Que Position box changed to "is the amount due paid? I hope this is an indication that mine is about to be repaired.
2015-2-17
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.1

United States

wisesafe@airmai Posted at 2015-2-18 05:35
Mine was checked into the Que on 2/2/2015 at position A1. Yesterday the "Last Activity" was "14 day ...

My queue position also changed today to the same "is the due amount paid" Hoping the same thing you are...
2015-2-17
Use props
chad
lvl.1

United States

I got a canned "it's ready" auto-responder from DJI today. It looks like it took about 2 weeks to get it fixed. I pinged them 5 times with no response (from a human). Very frustrating. The bright side is that the bird should be back soon (no tracking number provided so no idea).

My experience with the return/RMA process was horrid. I called them twice (and OMG I should have recorded those calls just for the comedic aspect alone) and the 2 CSRs I spoke with were not helpful.

The customer support, repair shop, etc. is basically a black hole.
Screen Shot on 2015-02-24 at 10_51_40.png
2015-2-24
Use props
jhogge
lvl.3

United States

Timeline of my repair experience:

February 4th I called at 9:AM to get an RMA # which is required first step. I chose 9:AM because that is when they open and I had an RMA # within 15 minutes. I shipped my Inspire 1 that day.

February 6th Fed Ex notified me that it was delivered.

February 11th DJI finally acknowledged that they received it.

February 18th DJI sent me an invoice and asked for payment. (operator error crash, so paid repair work).
February 18th I paid the invoice.
February 23rd DJI informed me that my Inspire 1 has been repaired and test flown and fully operational.

As of today I am still waiting for a tracking # for the shipment back to me. Have emailed a couple times and still waiting for a response.

2015-2-24
Use props
jhogge
lvl.3

United States

My biggest frustration has been that if you call and are lucky enough to get someone on the phone they simply cannot provide ANY information of value to you. They will tell you to email. So far, none of my emails have been responded to by an actual human being. All Auto responses.

So there is literally no way of talking to anyone or getting answers via phone or email that I have found to this point.
2015-2-24
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.1

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-2-25 03:14
Timeline of my repair experience:

February 4th I called at 9:AM to get an RMA # which is required f ...

I got the same email last Thursday 2/19 that it was repaired and completed. Still waiting for shipping notification/tracking info....
2015-2-24
Use props
jhogge
lvl.3

United States

Are there any DJI employees who monitor these forums? If yes, can you provide any advice on how to get information?

I just want my already repaired Inspire shipped back to me and waiting for another week for someone to place it in a box and ship it is really frustrating.

I could really use some help please.
2015-2-24
Use props
Jiblabs
lvl.3

United States

Yeah they've had mine for three weeks got an email today with an invoice saying it was repaired and as soon as payment was confirmed the inspire would be sent back to me! needless to say i was ecstatic a couple of hours later I got another email after i paid the invoice that my payment was confirmed and they would be repairing and test flying my inspire asap WTF so they hadn't actually done anything to my inspire just looked at it and now who knows how long that will take. I don't believe lying to your customers is not a proper business practice and I'm completely unhappy with DJI's customer service
2015-2-25
Use props
jhogge
lvl.3

United States

Once I paid it was another 5 days before I got verification that its now fixed and test flown and ready to be shipped back to me.

Of course now its just sitting in shipping department collecting dust and nobody can provide any update as to when they will put it in a box and actually ship it back to me.
2015-2-25
Use props
chad
lvl.1

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-2-25 03:18
My biggest frustration has been that if you call and are lucky enough to get someone on the phone th ...

Agree with @jhogge on this. I called Inspire1 customer service 3 separate times and each time they were very cagey with their responses - often times beginning an answer with, "I'm only authorized to say...".  

My tracking number was issued approximately 48 hours  after the "your item has been repaired" email. It is shipping via FedEx. It was all automated messages triggered off changes made to the ticket's status flag. Don't expect to get an answer from a human and definately don't bother calling tech support unless it is purely to vent.

If DJI is reading this, you guys have made one of the most innovative crafts to date and I applaud the engineering that went into this - I really do. That said, the post-purchase experience for me has been laughable - especially considering the price-point.
2015-2-25
Use props
jhogge
lvl.3

United States

"If DJI is reading this, you guys have made one of the most innovative crafts to date and I applaud the engineering that went into this - I really do. That said, the post-purchase experience for me has been laughable - especially considering the price-point."

100% agree. Fantastic product.

Absolute customer service disaster.
2015-2-25
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.1

United States

Finally got my shipment confirmation today. So for me, it arrived at DJI on 1/30 and is shipping back to me on 2/25.
2015-2-25
Use props
jhogge
lvl.3

United States

So 6 days from the time it was fixed and tested before they could put it in a box and slap a shipping label on it.

Amazing.
2015-2-25
Use props
scooterlam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Phantom acceptance to completion 3 weeks. Not bad.
2015-2-25
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.3

United States

i reported my gimbel problem two weeks ago with online support and last week with us support and no one has even replayed to me:@

Request #98963 with the us support
2015-2-26
Use props
chad
lvl.1

United States

Playful Monster Posted at 2015-2-26 16:24
i reported my gimbel problem two weeks ago with online support and last week with us support and now ...

SOP for support it would seem.
2015-2-26
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.3

United States

chad@spark6.com Posted at 2015-2-27 01:49
SOP for support it would seem.

it would be great if they would just confirm they will look at it in x many days from a human     
2015-2-26
Use props
clintbarton
lvl.1

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-2-26 12:08
So 6 days from the time it was fixed and tested before they could put it in a box and slap a shippin ...

Yep....

2015-2-26
Use props
info.rossfeighe
lvl.1

United States

It seems to me like they've always been honoring their 3 - 4 week policy and lots of people are freaking out because they're not being consistently updated with the status of their crafts...
2015-2-26
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.3

United States

info.rossfeighe Posted at 2015-2-27 12:27
It seems to me like they've always been honoring their 3 - 4 week policy and lots of people are frea ...

I reported my gimbol failed its calibration 17 days ago and the haven't even returned my messages.  reported with both online and USA support        USA Request #98963
2015-3-2
Use props
rickc309
lvl.1

United States

DJI has had my I1 for going on 3 weeks, the Repair Queue says "Desk". I wonder what that means. It's shown desk for almost 2 1/2 weeks. I called but told me nothing.
2015-3-12
Use props
skyvideoct
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Next option is a ticket to Torrance, CA and a rental car to Knox Ave. I'm betting the management team is at a local bar and have blurry eyes as they watch their actions sink a great product.
2015-3-12
Use props
Ozren
lvl.4

Croatia

I sent my Inspire 1 for repairs 2 weeks ago, yestarday it was shipped back to me repaired, my gimbal was replaced. DJI GmbH support rules.
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules