Problem with Phantom 1 Motor
1069 6 2015-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sigilwig44
lvl.1

United States

Sorry I'm posting this in the Phantom 2 category, but no one looks at the Phantom 1 forum, and I haven't gotten any responses. Thank you for not moving this thread, and thanks for responding...

Here is a video of my Phantom 1's propeller. It is acting really weird. Initally 3 were acting like this, but now only one is. If anyone can tell me what's going on and how I could fix it that would be great. Sorry for the bad quality video. Here's the video: http://youtu.be/xNCrYhGUnRE?t=5s

2015-2-16
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

How long have you flown it ? I noticed a high pitched grinding  sound on the other motors. It sounds incorrect some how. I am thinking worn bearings.
2015-2-16
Use props
sigilwig44
lvl.1

United States

tonyphantom147. Posted at 2015-2-17 07:26
How long have you flown it ? I noticed a high pitched grinding  sound on the other motors. It sounds ...

I actually haven't flown it that much... Maybe 5 hours. Is there any way to replace the bearings, or do I have to replace the motor?
2015-2-16
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

sigilwig44 Posted at 2015-2-17 07:50
I actually haven't flown it that much... Maybe 5 hours. Is there any way to replace the bearings,  ...

It want be the bearings after 5 hours. Nor either failure of all the ESC. If the motors are clean of debris, then the problem is more systemic. Warranty job I think.
2015-2-16
Use props
sigilwig44
lvl.1

United States

tonyphantom147. Posted at 2015-2-17 08:11
It want be the bearings after 5 hours. Nor either failure of all the ESC. If the motors are clean  ...

1)  What does systemic mean???
2)  How to I fix this.
3)  Is my product still under warranty?
4)  How do I fix it?
5)  Do I just send it in to DJI???
6)  How do you explain that 2 other motors were like this but are now working???
2015-2-17
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

1)  What does systemic mean???    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemic
2)  How to I fix this.  As suggested you return it to DJI
3)  Is my product still under warranty?  How would we know? When was it purchased?
4)  How do I fix it? See #2
5)  Do I just send it in to DJI???  You need to contact them first obviously
6)  How do you explain that 2 other motors were like this but are now working??? Good question but intermittent faults are hardly unheard of.
2015-2-17
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I had a prob similure so I just replaced all 4
2016-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules