lost plastic cover for the landing gear
7438 19 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc01fa879
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Hi all. Just came from vacation and found one of the plastic cover for the landing gear is missing (see pic attached).
Please looking for some guidance on where I can find a replacement for this.

Thanks in advance
Wangrin
IMG_0764.PNG
2017-1-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Overkill, but you'd have spare parts.

https://www.amazon.com/Geniune-D ... ds=Phantom+P4+parts

White vinyl tape in the meantime.
2017-1-15
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

contact dji support, they have sent replacement parts like that free of charge,  sometimes !
2017-1-15
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you get stuck try some irrigation poly pipe (split lengthways and fix with tape). If look is critical then fit some pipe to the other three legs.
Plenty of high quality tapes available as well. Why not try some reflective tape?
2017-1-15
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

When contacted DJI did not have just this part but they come with landing gear. Also it looks like P4 and P4P/P4P+ are different. Landing gear is only available for P4.
  They seem to pop off all of the 4's. Might be a great time to maybe put some tape or a dab of silicone on the ones you still have.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Wangrin, please feel free to contact our tech support via support.us@dji.com, we'll help you handle it.
2017-1-16
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

It does seem strange that the one part that falls off frequently they dont stock as a spare, someone could make a fortune selling these
2017-1-16
Use props
Grrrrrr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1212684 ft
United States

I have same issue did you ever get this sorted out
2017-1-16
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I really wish DJI had an online parts store for these sorts of incidents.  Even a walk-in service center rather than one behind a locked gate in CA where you have to ship it to them from across the street is absurd for service.  I'm sure some parts person answering their phone or online web sales could make their salary in just sundry parts sold due to the sheer volume out there, and rising.

Once off warranty, really would be annoying to pay $45 to ship a drone to CA and wait for a few weeks for a $5 part or whatever that the owner could replace himself and get back in the air.
2017-1-16
Use props
fansc01fa879
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks all for the replies.
Thanks Nathalia, email sent  and the request number is  398057. Hopefully, I will receive positive answer
2017-1-16
Use props
fansc01fa879
lvl.4
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-1-16 11:30
I really wish DJI had an online parts store for these sorts of incidents.  Even a walk-in service center rather than one behind a locked gate in CA where you have to ship it to them from across the street is absurd for service.  I'm sure some parts person answering their phone or online web sales could make their salary in just sundry parts sold due to the sheer volume out there, and rising.

Once off warranty, really would be annoying to pay $45 to ship a drone to CA and wait for a few weeks for a $5 part or whatever that the owner could replace himself and get back in the air.

Thanks all for the replies.
Thanks Nathalia, email sent  and the request number is  398057. Hopefully, I will receive positive answer
2017-1-16
Use props
fansc01fa879
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks all for the replies. Thanks Nathalia, email sent  and the request number is  398057. Hopefully, I will receive positive answer
2017-1-16
Use props
fansc01fa879
lvl.4
Canada

Sorry for the many replies, having some issue with the send on google chrome
2017-1-16
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

In the meantime tape the rest on, wrap it round a couple of times, that should save them
2017-1-17
Use props
fansc01fa879
lvl.4
United States

DJI rocks! DJI shipped me  4 plastic cover for the landing gear and for free
Now time to remove the vinyl tape....Merci DJI !!!
2017-2-1
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

SOLVED
2017-2-1
Use props
fansf3f3eb2c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27615 ft
United Kingdom

I reported  this same problem to DJI Support back in May and I'm still waiting for a replacement part. Whenever I've contacted them they just say it's been referred to their technical support team. Having been a DJI customer for several years I am utterly disgusted with their after sales support!
2017-8-20
Use props
NGF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

fansf3f3eb2c Posted at 2017-8-20 07:07
I reported  this same problem to DJI Support back in May and I'm still waiting for a replacement part. Whenever I've contacted them they just say it's been referred to their technical support team. Having been a DJI customer for several years I am utterly disgusted with their after sales support!

Did this ever get sorted? As you've seen, I had one come away and tried to fit it back, I sheared the receiver wire.
Is there a sequence to fit the part?
2017-11-27
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

NGF Posted at 2017-11-27 23:34
Did this ever get sorted? As you've seen, I had one come away and tried to fit it back, I sheared the receiver wire.
Is there a sequence to fit the part?

I have seen this problem reported on a number of occasions. I know it won’t help those who have already lost the pieces but I simply bought some of those round (1/2”) transparent stickers and wrapped them around each side of the legs. It’s invisible and ensures that the bits will never fall out.
2017-11-27
Use props
Stag Media
lvl.2
United States

fansc01fa879 Posted at 2017-2-1 11:04
DJI rocks! DJI shipped me  4 plastic cover for the landing gear and for free
Now time to remove the vinyl tape....Merci DJI !!!

Wow, I just contacted them, got a case number and was told in no uncertain terms that they will be charging me.
Anyway, for anyone like me not so lucky with DJI just type - Landing Gear Cover For DJI Phantom 4 PRO - in your favorite search engine and you will find many places to buy these cheap little crappy parts. My drone is not even 6 weeks old and it fell off...not amused!
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules