Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is the expensive Inspire 2's case really crap?
785 1 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

From what I can see, DJI researches the materials it uses in its products quite carefully.

The Inspire 2 case is made of elastic expanded polypropelene which is a different compound from polystyrene (foam plastic).

http://www.ide-pro.com/Expanded_PolyPropylene_(EPP)

At least one poster is saying that DJI is being cheap in using EPP for a carrying case and that it will chip out and the handle will break easily.

Perhaps DJI can tell us how it did testing of the new box to refute these claims. I happen to like it but lets hear from the manufacturer....

2017-1-15
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

If said poster is me, I never said DJI was being cheap.  I did say that I didn't feel it would adequately protect my investment and I supported my opinions for thinking so.  But, let's be fair and ask some real questions.

DJI, please answer the following (it is assumed the case contains everything on your contents list, 4 batteries, 2 RC's, and an x5s camera)

1.  How likely is this case to chip, mar, scratch, crack, break under standard handling conditions (including travel to and from a flight field)?

2.  What is the maximum tested impact rating of the case before it breaks?

3.  If the case were to be dropped from carrying height, would the case remain in tact or show noticeable signs of damage?

4.  What is the maximum height this case can be dropped before sustaining damage versus causing damage to the aircraft?

5.  If the case were to be impacted more than a light bump (defined as a blunt, non penetrating object), would the case show sighs of being impacted?

6.  What is the MTBF of this case (Specifically addressing the latches and handle)?

7.  Would you recommend this case for travel outside a carry on or supervised handling (as it relates to train, air, boat, etc)?

8.  Is this case intended for long term use or temporary use as it applies to the average life of the aircraft?

9.  What is the wholesale cost of the case?

2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules