Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wandering the lakeshore this afternoon
1438 14 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Was wandering the lakeshore this afternoon.
No place I had to be, working on multiple skills trying to improve.
Had a good time, now I just need some snowmobiles to chase and video
2017-1-15
Use props
Thermographer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

very nice, how thick is the ice?
2017-1-15
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

I don't know an actual number, but where it is black is the thinnest.
I was surprised so many people out on the ice, we had just had a string of days above freezing where everything was melting.
In the video you can see some jigsaw pieces of ice where it had broken from thawing.
There was a lot more people skating, but I was primarily interested in the sails.
Ice was surprisingly smooth.
Wish I'd had my skates with me, didn't know what I was going to find when I set out.
Lots of super nice people asking me curious questions and more than one husband telling his wife "I'm getting one"
2017-1-16
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Congratulations! Nice video! So you got your P3 at the end? What model did you buy? I am looking myself and I don't know which way to go as I don't want to brake the bank.
2017-3-4
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-4 10:22
Congratulations! Nice video! So you got your P3 at the end? What model did you buy? I am looking myself and I don't know which way to go as I don't want to brake the bank.

Morning Callatis,

This is from the P3 4k that I bought last summer. With 2 extra batteries it was a total of 1000 CAD
I had been wanting to FPV and discovered that the P3 4k couldn't use the add on module, so had considered upgrading to a P3 Pro. That was at the exact time that I found out they were discontinuing a few P3 models.
This news and looking at my bank account got me settled down.
Stick with what I have for now.
2017-3-5
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

Indeed, knowing the P3  got discontinued and P4 is getting there are we going to buy only Lamborghini ? I saw a refurb P4 at bestbuy for $1099 and I am thinking to get it. It's black edition, I don't like the color but I don't judge a book by it's cover.
2017-3-5
Use props
chainmon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sweet Video. Amazing to see it from the air. Seeing the dark spots mixed in with the while slab shapes is pretty cool. Thank you for sharing.
2017-3-5
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

I'm an idiot and forgot to say thanks for the kind words
2017-3-5
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

Nice, i have a house on a lake an hour north of Milwaukee. We were 15 inches thick before the days in the 70s recently. Today It is a little worrisome near the edges but I did go flying with my p4 Friday afternoon. Took it 1.4 miles south to Dundee mountain and back. I don't know what I would do if I had to land on the ice!! I might pay someone to fetch it. Im not a good swimmer in ice water! I filmed at 60 fps 1080p but the youtube looks pretty shady. the video looks great on my mac!
2017-3-5
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
United States

where are you filming this? looks like my neck of the woods.
2017-3-5
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
United States

eliot may Posted at 2017-3-5 10:01
Nice, i have a house on a lake an hour north of Milwaukee. We were 15 inches thick before the days in the 70s recently. Today It is a little worrisome near the edges but I did go flying with my p4 Friday afternoon. Took it 1.4 miles south to Dundee mountain and back. I don't know what I would do if I had to land on the ice!! I might pay someone to fetch it. Im not a good swimmer in ice water! I filmed at 60 fps 1080p but the youtube looks pretty shady. the video looks great on my mac!
https://youtu.be/Yfk6F4w1_MU

Nice video, I think my super slow wifi here makes it look blurry on youtube, but at home It will look cleaner i bet.
2017-3-5
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

eliot may Posted at 2017-3-5 10:11
where are you filming this? looks like my neck of the woods.

On the island of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Correction South west shore of the island.
2017-3-5
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

eliot may Posted at 2017-3-5 10:12
Nice video, I think my super slow wifi here makes it look blurry on youtube, but at home It will look cleaner i bet.

Thanks Eliot,

I set your video to 1080 HD and it looked fine to me.
Trees sometimes don't look good depending your speed etc.
I try to remember to set the camera tilted down slightly so that I avoid getting the drone blades into my video.
Nice video, I can see how you might think we're close to each other from your footage.
2017-3-5
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
United States

Yeah, my slow internet up here at the cottage is too slow to view these videos cleanly
2017-3-5
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

eliot may Posted at 2017-3-5 10:01
https://youtu.be/Yfk6F4w1_MU

Lowering the res to 720p60fps the video was smooth. A bit choppy on 1080p. Can you export at 1080p 60fps? My Premiere CS6 allows me 29.7fps only, an older edition.
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules