Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unresponsive Right Stick
10757 19 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spencerulz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538619 ft
United States

So I recently received my Mavic Pro on January 12 after waiting a whole month for it to arrive. It was dark out when I picked it up from Fed Ex, so when I arrived home, I took it for a little 5 minute test flight to make sure everything was working well. My first flight went perfect. I came home from work the next day to play with my new drone, and about 2 minutes into my flight, my Mavic started spinning out of control. I managed to gain control of it, and safely land it. I didn't think much of it, just thought it was high winds. I powered my Mavic down, booted it back up, and received an error from my controller saying "STICK ERROR: RECENTER STICK". I went to the stick calibrator and discovered my right stick became completely unresponsive. However, I noticed that the GPS-thing in the bottom left hand corner of my screen recognized the right stick was moving, but my controller, drone, nor calibrator recognized it.
I tried downgrading and upgrading the controller firmware with DJI Assistant 2, I tried removing and re-downloading DJI GO 4, I tried using a different phone, I tried turning it off and on (believe it or not), I've tried everything I can think of. I contacted DJI about this problem, and they told me to ship it back so they can diagnose the problem, then send it back.

Hopefully anyone can give me some last minute options to fix this issue. If anyone is having this same problem, you're not alone. Here is a video of my issue:

2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try to move the sticks to different directions manually, rotate gimbal dial and camera settings dial after turning on the RC.
If the RC stop beeping, then try to do the calibration again.
Please let me know if it helps.
2017-1-15
Use props
Spencerulz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-15 20:14
Please try to move the sticks to different directions manually, rotate gimbal dial and camera settings dial after turning on the RC.
If the RC stop beeping, then try to do the calibration again.
Please let me know if it helps.

I appreciate the help Mindy, but this didn't fix the problem.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Spencerulz Posted at 2017-1-15 20:26
I appreciate the help Mindy, but this didn't fix the problem.

If still no help, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-1-15
Use props
fanscfea3d03
New

United States

I have the same problem and I just received mine on 2/8/16.  I have contacted customer support and am waiting for a response.  What did you do?
2017-2-8
Use props
Yourney
New
Vietnam

Any news yet on this problem? I have exact the same problem, it started out of the blue when I started the controller. Obviously, waiting for RMA is not something im looking forward to....
2017-2-17
Use props
joshuacjohnson
New
Flight distance : 218717 ft
United States

Same issue here. I had the issue pop up on my 3rd or 4th flight, but simply restarting the controller fixed it.  A couple of flights with no issues, and when I went to fly it this afternoon, I got the stick error again.  I'm also getting a front sensor calibration warning.  I've tried to calibrate by moving in a square, but does not do anything.  Also tried to calibrate using the DJI assistant, but it just keeps telling me to move back and forth, nothing changes.

Just over a week into ownership and I feel like I own an expensive paper weight.
2017-2-23
Use props
muizarts
New
Australia

I have had the drone for two days. Approx 2x 2 minute flights first day. everything was fine.

Today - Controller turned on with [Stick Error - Re-Ctr Stck] as warning. Appears to be the right stick and seems to be exactly the same as the above issues.
I have updated the firmware.
I have attempted to calibrate, but right still is not registering.
Only place it has been stored is in the original box that I bought it in.

I don't even know where to start with this. I would consider this a dead on arrival issue, but i'm sure they won't see it that way.
2017-3-25
Use props
fansc1ac1e95
New
Flight distance : 72631 ft
El Salvador

Same issue 20 flights, in one month, the left stick doesnt work, Im outside the US, shipping it will cost me more money, saddly I thought it was a good quality product, Im worried that when I get another RC will have tha same or other failure during a flight, how will DJI will fix this problem that appears to be a design problem
2017-5-10
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Do you guys all have the flymore combo and put in the bag everytime?
2017-5-10
Use props
yasar.visal
New
United Arab Emirates

guys i have the same issue after my first flight. did anyone got the solution or we have to wait for the reply of DJI support
2017-7-1
Use props
fans8716cedf
New

United Kingdom

Mine started doing jusf after the lastest firmware update, takes of and lands but wont let me fly???
2017-7-11
Use props
fans295040e4
New
Flight distance : 7792 ft
Lithuania

Same issue here! Does come back after firmware upgrade/downgrade until first longer shutdown (more than 15min). Sometimes it will randomly start responding. Very annoying. Cannot use drone for the second week now.
2017-8-6
Use props
m00nd0gg
New
Flight distance : 741 ft
United States

Same here. Just contacted support. Spent the day troubleshooting. Upgraded / Downgraded firmware on RC, and tried different versions on my Android to no avail. Once, after like 5 or 6 tries it showed responsiveness in the calibration menu, but then after I finished calibrating and restarted it all to go fly it went dead again. Very lame. DJI, please solve this issue! Right now I can still fly the AC with virtual sticks on my phone, but the connection between my phone and AC is much weaker than the RC and AC.
2017-9-9
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

joshuacjohnson Posted at 2017-2-23 17:36
Same issue here. I had the issue pop up on my 3rd or 4th flight, but simply restarting the controller fixed it.  A couple of flights with no issues, and when I went to fly it this afternoon, I got the stick error again.  I'm also getting a front sensor calibration warning.  I've tried to calibrate by moving in a square, but does not do anything.  Also tried to calibrate using the DJI assistant, but it just keeps telling me to move back and forth, nothing changes.

Just over a week into ownership and I feel like I own an expensive paper weight.

I had the same trouble calibrating... until I found out there was a piece of (almost) clear packing tape covering one of the forward facing sensors. After I removed it, it worked really quickly and easily in Assistant 2.
2017-9-9
Use props
SimpleSi
New
Flight distance : 40892 ft
Australia

Having the same problem.  Right stick appears broken.  Trying to calibrate, but moving the right stick has minimal effect.
2017-10-21
Use props
fans35aeb930
New
DR Congo

Hi  having the same problem.
after updating to the latest firmware the rc started beeping and had written on it’s small screen STICK ERR RE-CTR STCK.I tried calibrating the rc but the right stick couldn’t go to the center.
2017-12-5
Use props
hikmat
New
Flight distance : 6050 ft
Romania

guys i have the same issue after my first flight. did anyone got the solution
2018-4-8
Use props
Spencerulz
lvl.1

hikmat Posted at 2018-4-8 09:57
guys i have the same issue after my first flight. did anyone got the solution

You are going to have to RMA. Sorry.
2018-4-8
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It appears that in order to fix this problem you will need to undergo the dreaded task of taking your controller apart and removing dust that is causing the stick to be unresponsive.  It's addressed here in this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4IJnLbxXLs
2022-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules