HDMI Output Module
8021 17 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vik1967
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559551 ft
Belarus

Is HDMI module is suitable for  Phantom 4 PRO console? http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... ;from=insite_search
2017-1-15
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes you can use but very careful when pulling out the thin electronic wires or you will have a bust.
Also remember to shut down and restart after install.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Yes, it's suitable for P4P, please upgrade the firmware after installing the HDMI.
2017-1-16
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I can confirm that the HDMI Module works on the Phantom 4 Pro (P4P) RC. I installed a spare Phantom 3 Spare Part No. 54 HDMI Output Module that I purchased about 1 year ago on my new P4P RC two days ago and tonight I tested it and confirmed that I can get simultaneous output of live P4P camera video to both my iPad Air 2 connected to the USB port on the RC and to my Yuneec Skyview FPV goggles connected to the HDMI port on the RC.

Remember - in the DJI GO 4 app, under the HD menu, you will need turn on the slider switch for "Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI." Before turning this slider on I was seeing no live video on my connected iPad.  So, at least for the iOS version of the DJI GO 4 app, this slider switch is used to enable or disable live video display to your connected iPad / iPhone screen. The output to the connected HDMI device is ON all the time no matter the setting of this slider switch. This is the opposite of the way you might think this slider switch switch is supposed to work.

Note: Although I had just installed the latest firmware on the RC and P4P aircraft the day before, after installing the HDMI Output Board, the first time I powered up the RC, the DJI GO 4 app informed me that I needed to update the RC again. Possibly - this is necessary to install drivers for the HDMI module.
2017-1-16
Use props
fans3208d094
lvl.2
Flight distance : 684170 ft
United States

Can you post a picture of the remote controller after the HDMI module install? Does it fit in the case that came with the p4p?
2017-1-16
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans3208d094 Posted at 2017-1-16 19:43
Can you post a picture of the remote controller after the HDMI module install? Does it fit in the case that came with the p4p?

The HDMI module replaces the I/O module on the bottom of the RC and is several mm thicker than the original equipment I/O module.  Fits in the case with no problems.

Bottom of RC

Bottom of RC

New HDMI Module

New HDMI Module

New HDMI Module installed vs. original P4P Module

New HDMI Module installed vs. original P4P Module
2017-1-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha vik,

As Pet says there are little black lock levers that you have to lift open to remove and reinsert the ribbons.  Be careful, they are delicate.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Paulo Paulino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

This HDMI module on P4P will output 1080p or just 720p?
Thanks.
2017-1-17
Use props
fans3208d094
lvl.2
Flight distance : 684170 ft
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-1-16 20:28
The HDMI module replaces the I/O module on the bottom of the RC and is several mm thicker than the original equipment I/O module.  Fits in the case with no problems.

Awesome. Thanks for the response.
2017-1-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paulo Paulino Posted at 2017-1-17 19:10
Thanks.

Aloha Paulo,

Sorry, the current state is only 720p for HDMI modules.  But, the 5.5" screen of the P4 Pro + (plus) does display 1080p.  Until the CrystalSky monitors come out with their 1080p HDMI ports, you can try the nVidia Shield K1.  The HDMI output on the Android device is at 1080p with the P4 Pro.  Very nice on a 15.6 inch monitor.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-17
Use props
Batatoon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31079 ft
Portugal

Hi All,
is there a way turn off the display OSD on the HDMI out of P4P+ ?

Thanks!

2017-1-19
Use props
RG Drones
Second Officer

Brazil

2017-1-20
Use props
RG Drones
Second Officer

Brazil

This link can help you with the installation, I used it as a reference.
2017-1-20
Use props
MvZiTaGqtUk8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333412 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-1-16 18:43
Yes, I can confirm that the HDMI Module works on the Phantom 4 Pro (P4P) RC. I installed a spare Phantom 3 Spare Part No. 54 HDMI Output Module that I purchased about 1 year ago on my new P4P RC two days ago and tonight I tested it and confirmed that I can get simultaneous output of live P4P camera video to both my iPad Air 2 connected to the USB port on the RC and to my Yuneec Skyview FPV goggles connected to the HDMI port on the RC.

Remember - in the DJI GO 4 app, under the HD menu, you will need turn on the slider switch for "Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI." Before turning this slider on I was seeing no live video on my connected iPad.  So, at least for the iOS version of the DJI GO 4 app, this slider switch is used to enable or disable live video display to your connected iPad / iPhone screen. The output to the connected HDMI device is ON all the time no matter the setting of this slider switch. This is the opposite of the way you might think this slider switch switch is supposed to work.

I have this module installed on my RC. I find that when I hook up my Goggles to it via micro usb, the video quality is very pixelated. I have not yet tried the HDMI, because I purchased the wrong HDMI cable. Have you been able to get a good video feed? I've read that the HDMI module is capped at 720p.
2017-6-25
Use props
aunaste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2064140 ft
Estonia

MvZiTaGqtUk8 Posted at 2017-6-25 06:04
I have this module installed on my RC. I find that when I hook up my Goggles to it via micro usb, the video quality is very pixelated. I have not yet tried the HDMI, because I purchased the wrong HDMI cable. Have you been able to get a good video feed? I've read that the HDMI module is capped at 720p.

I got message "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected." on my 128GB iPhone 6S after installing HDMI output module. Picture flickering and sometimes just green. HDMI output is fine, old iPad Air (2013) works fine.

When I switched back original module, iPhone 6s works fine.
2017-6-25
Use props
BobStekeur
New

United States

Does anyone know if the HDMI module in the Inspire 1 is the same as the P3 and P4?
2017-6-27
Use props
RimMap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111529 ft
United States

Installed July 19th. Also got the flickering and the occasional green screen on 2.4 set to auto. If custom was selected w/ a set channel,we got smooth feed in iPad mini4 & hdmi output to a tv. Didn't work on 5.8. Also having some problems with GS Pro and Drone Deploy after the install. Not sure if the problems are related to the he HDMI module or not.
2017-7-26
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Paulo Paulino Posted at 2017-1-17 19:10
Thanks.

720p, however the image quality is much better on HDMI than on USB at this time. 720p on the HDMI module is actually pretty good.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules