First attempt at color correction on DLOG
1030 3 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airspace_media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

Since Jan 11 2017 firmware update a lot of users have reported DLOG is much improved from previous firmwares. I would have to agree, DJI have done a great job sorting this out and it shows that they are listening to us.

Well done DJI

2017-1-15
Use props
luke007
lvl.2
Switzerland

thx for that info. nathalia, can you confirm that the new firmware fixes the d-log issue?
2017-1-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I don't get the over exposure thing, the sky has gone completely and turns out very grey and muddy on the final correction. I'm sure I've read plenty of times better to slightly under expose to keep the highlights and sky as much as possible.

Would be interested to see shots of colour scopes to see whats being clipped out

2017-1-16
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

There is no hard and fast rule about exposure as it very much depends on how the camera meters the scene which will vary depending on the extent of lights and darks in the scene.  Ideally you should manually set the exposure using the histogram as a guide to ensure that the highlights are not blown out, if you can expose to the right i.e more exposure, without blowing the highlights then so much the better as you will get better detail in the shadows but if you have a very bright sky this is often not possible and a trade off has to be made.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules