Help Please with Phantom 4 Pro video stuttering
4831 13 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRZP
lvl.2
Australia

I'm a pro photographer and new to video. I just purchased the Phantom 4 pro + and shot some video. The quality is atrocious! The live and playback on the remote's built in monitor was stuttering and pixelating with colour bleeding during any type of movement. The image would sometimes freeze for up to 2 to 3 seconds then resume playing with that 2 to 3 seconds of footage inbetween missing.

When played back on my Mac Pro the pixelating and colour bleeding was not apparent but the stuttering and freezing was still there.

I am new to video (and UAV's). This seems very concerning as it is a new (and expensive) machine.

Here is a link to the raw footage via dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gu217 ... pjVBQulf-Jdssa?dl=0

cheers,

Mr Z

2017-1-16
Use props
MRZP
lvl.2
Australia

Ok so yep... it is my graphics card... just edited and exported in 1080p and smooth as a baby.  The built in monitor cant seem to handle the downlink.... any ideas on how to fix this?
2017-1-16
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

Same here, my Win 10 PC from several years back cant playback the 4k video files smoothly. I do the editing on my 2013 MacBook pro which handles it nicely. The 4k video files have never streamed from the drone to remote smoothly. In the occassional times i have wanted to play back video through the plus built in display, i just hit the download button the download the video to the SD card in the remote. It can take quite a while so small clips are advised. Once downloaded to the remote, they play fine.
2017-1-16
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

PS download button is little arrow  in lower right when viewing in the gallery if memory serves.
2017-1-16
Use props
zerubeusy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108547 ft

United Kingdom

If you have this problem in window 10 just install the Media Player Codec Pack and everything will be OK whatever the GPU

Media Player Codec
2017-1-16
Use props
wilkeywaygalaxy
New

United States

zerubeusy Posted at 2017-1-16 09:01
If you have this problem in window 10 just install the Media Player Codec Pack and everything will be OK whatever the GPU

Media Player Codec

Thank you!
2017-1-17
Use props
Clapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

Yup, it is the playback limitations of the machine it is being viewed on, not the camera. I downloaded it onto my new computer I got specifically to edit video and it looked nice and smooth and pretty.
2017-1-31
Use props
Xr8edute
New

Australia

I am having the same issue. When recording in 4k.
If I drop it to 1080 it is smooth.

The fix is?
2017-2-1
Use props
Propwash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Media Player Codec

After trying a number of alternatives i to have settled with Media Player Codec.Works well.
2017-2-1
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

Xr8edute Posted at 2017-2-1 03:20
I am having the same issue. When recording in 4k.
If I drop it to 1080 it is smooth.

Same here on the P4P+ controller, when recording 4K or any other high bitrate format the video-link becomes instable. DJI is informed and all we can do is wait for a fix.
2017-2-1
Use props
bajaecotours
lvl.1
Mexico

I have had this issue also when playing back footage on my Mac 2013 trash can with all the bells and whistles...two graphics cards, 64gb ram, and 1TB SSD drive...PLAYS horribly---the new 4096x2160 footage - no matter if off of my main SSD drive or a raid drive....i thought as many have thought here....it must be limitations of my machine, but yet i can play back RED 6k footage smothtly. I can also play back older DJI 4k (3840x2160) footage with no issues....  I recently did  a test on my mac book pro 2011 and 2012 and both play the footage perfectly from the USB reader (USB 2 reader)...so i highly doubt that this is a limitation of our machines...it very well may be an issue with DJI on the other hand....

So, i've found even more posts about this and the thunderbolt buses and using two monitors...but forget those....this should play without hesitation. I'm talking to folks and apple to see if they can help resolve...I've noted the CPU usage and some strange things...but i'm on another path...rather than suggesting the machine does not have the GPU or CPU power...it should have no issue playing back this footage.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans03941059
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-31
Use props
djiuser_hsv3QIO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83159 ft
United States

Phantom4 Pro+ - Same issue.  Any 4k recording causes mush stuttering in flight and during playback.  Bummer.
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_AnmLG3xRPlzb
lvl.2
United States

Media Player Codec

I know this is an old thread but this codec pack was a huge help for my 3 year old Dell 5559 i5.
Thanks very much.
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules