Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hard Case for Mavic to throw into Backpack
1575 7 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans593fc987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I needed a hardshell case that I could toss my Mavic into backpack and know that it was protected but didn't use too much room.  I decided on using the GoPro Casey:
and this is how it fit my Mavic

FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg

You can get the case ($49.99 <-- kind of expensive but worth it) from Best Buy
2017-1-16
Use props
fans593fc987
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

For those of you who are interested, I'm placing this into the Lowepro Slingshot Edge 150 AW.  It fits perfectly into the side access pocket:

2017-1-16
Use props
Submanager
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

fans593fc987 Posted at 2017-1-16 04:50
For those of you who are interested, I'm placing this into the Lowepro Slingshot Edge 150 AW.  It fits perfectly into the side access pocket:

http://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/4420/4420504_rd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642[/img]http://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/4420/4420504cv11d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642[/img]

Thanks for the info on the GoPro Casey.

I just bought the Lowepro Tahoe BP-150 which I'm very happy with for my full Mavic Pro setup.  But it isn't big enough for my 13" MacAir laptop. Since there may be times when I need to bring the laptop in my larger backpack and want my Mavic, but don't want to bring two bags, the GoPro Casey might be a good intermediate solution.
2017-1-16
Use props
fans593fc987
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Submanager Posted at 2017-1-16 09:24

I just bought the Lowepro Tahoe BP-150 which I'm very happy with for my full Mavic Pro setup.  But it isn't big enough for my 13" MacAir laptop. Since there may be times when I need to bring the laptop in my larger backpack and want my Mavic, but don't want to bring two bags, the GoPro Casey might be a good intermediate solution.

That is awesome!
2017-1-16
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Submanager Posted at 2017-1-16 09:24

I have this, it fits my laptop, DSLR, and mavic with room for other things. when I carry a little bit bigger bag.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CD7 ... ding=UTF8&psc=1
2017-1-16
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

Honestly, something like that gopro case looks great but I'm sure that there are near identical third party ones - same size and near quality that wouldn't be more than about 10$.  
2017-1-16
Use props
fans593fc987
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I 3D Printed this box in PLA.  This is great if you just want to toss your Mavic into a backpack and not worry about getting it trashed. Thingiverse
FullSizeRender.jpg
2017-1-18
Use props
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft
United States

I will be packing my Mavic into the backcountry for many of its flights, one of it's distinct advantages is its size and portability. In my opinion, a soft sided case in a back pack will work fine, something I've done extensively with a Nikon D810 and other DSLR's plus associated lenses.
I am pretty happy with the Mavic bag that DJI provided, it fits the Mavic, the controller, extra batteries very well and provides some pretty solid protection. The additional weight of the Mavic, etc is not that great but it does add a little more volume. I upgraded my field pack to a 50 litre bag last fall so hopefully I am good to go! If I find that this does not pan out, I will probably find something that is soft sided and less bulky than the current DJI bag, possibly something as simple as sliding it into a heavy wool sock and wrapping it in a jacket that will be in the pack anyways.
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules