Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Props
1810 19 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CBNethaway
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124688 ft
United States

I recently bought          8X 9450 Self Locking Enhanced Prop Propeller for DJI Phantom 3 2 Version E300 US
from ebay and they feel like they will break easy, they say "carbon fiber" any feed back about using these?

• 100% Brand New and High Quality
  • Self-locking tension enhanced propelle for DJI.
  • Self-tightening design avoids prop becoming loose during operation and potentially flying away.
  • The new 9450 provides extra thrust and better power efficiency than the 9443.
  • Higher tension, easy to install.
  • Silver is clockwise and black is counter clockwise.
  • Suitable for all DJI Phantom version( Phantom 1/2/2 Vision+/3/FC40/E300).
  • Size: 24cmX3cm(LXW)
  • Material: Carbon Fiber
  • Color: White
  • Quantity:8 PCS(4PCS CW, 4PCS CCW)
  • Net Weight: 105g

Thanks
Charlie
2017-1-16
Use props
drb1215
lvl.3

United States

I have DJI #9450 carbon props for my P3S and really like them. They are stiffer than the standard white blades so should reduce any vibration. Supposedly they help improve picture quality, but I haven't noticed much difference.  They definitely give a "cool" factor over the white blades
2017-1-16
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Generally if the description says the color is white, but theyre made of carbon fiber, theyre probably not made of carbon fiber. Nonetheless they could still be excellent props
2017-1-16
Use props
Rene Jensen
First Officer
Denmark

I use 3 blade props on my standard and they are in plastic and work very well
2017-1-16
Use props
CBNethaway
lvl.1
United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-1-16 23:28
I use 3 blade props on my standard and they are in plastic and work very well

Why 3 blade?   
Thanks
2017-1-17
Use props
Rene Jensen
First Officer
Denmark

3 blades props is giving more lift and speed
2017-1-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-1-17 11:53
3 blades props is giving more lift and speed

That's not necessarily true. If triple blades were indeed better, surely DJI would have designed them for the awesome popular Phantom series.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-17
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

i do have to say that in my experience, as well as many i've read, there's no compelling reason to stray from stock DJI props.. they actually do not seem to make any difference, or, cause issues, and will void warranty.... unless of course you fly through a flock of birds, in which case CF may save you, not the birds.. but why would anyone do such a thing?
2017-1-17
Use props
probonic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61211 ft
United Kingdom

You also need to be very careful to make sure you get props with plastic hubs, not metal ones, otherwise you risk the prop spinning off.  And if they're listing them as compatible with both P3 and 2, it might be a crapshoot as to whether they are plastic or metal (P2 had metal, P3 has plastic for better grip)
2017-1-17
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Never felt the need to use anything other than factory props. Besides looking cool C.F. has no real performance advantage in this application. Three blade props also will not make the quad faster. Unless you change the pitch of the blade, speed isn't affected. The blades it came with are more than enough for the P3s. I run three blade on my racers and sometimes two depending on course and conditions higher pitch for longer open courses and lower well you get the idea.
2017-1-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

A carbon fiber blade will also cut you very deep. So be extremely wary if hand catching your drone...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-17
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Anyone know where to get genuine P3 props without incurring ridiculous charges for shipping and cost of props close to what DJI charges?
I'd buy them from DJI but $10 shipping is ridicoulous.
I tried DronePartsPro but ended up with generic ones from them.   Nubs are not color coded and cheaper or at least not the same plastic.
2017-1-20
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

DanMan32 Posted at 2017-1-20 17:22
Anyone know where to get genuine P3 props without incurring ridiculous charges for shipping and cost of props close to what DJI charges?
I tried DronePartsPro but ended up with generic ones from them.   Nubs are not color coded and cheaper or at least not the same plastic.

They ship everything via FedEx, that's way the $10. shipment.  It's not so much the shipment cost it's the fact your buying a low cost item, so it seems like a lot. Try Amazon, might find free shipment maybe. Personally I got mine from DJI and just paid the Shipment cost.
2017-1-20
Use props
P4P+
lvl.4
United States

If you buy $49 dollars of stuff then free shipping. Else put in your zip to see what shipping is.
B&H Photo
2017-1-20
Use props
WD9EON
Captain
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

I don't know where you are, but WalMart has them in stock.  I'm sure they are DJI brand.
2017-1-20
Use props
P4P+
lvl.4
United States

Is the pitch and stiffness of the P3 props the same as the P4P props?
2017-1-20
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.4
United States

I found BestBuy has them online for $1 per pair than DJI and free shipping to local store.   With tax it cost me an extra $3.   That's worth it.
2017-1-20
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.4
United States

I received the ones from BestBuy, they are definitely genuine.  They even have the prop hubs covered with shrink wrap.
DronesPartsPro quicky issued me a full refund including shipping after I replied to the shipping notice with a complaint.  They did't even ask me to send back the ones I received.
2017-1-21
Use props
CBNethaway
lvl.1
United States

DanMan32 Posted at 2017-1-20 18:49
I found BestBuy has them online for $1 per pair than DJI and free shipping to local store.   With tax it cost me an extra $3.   That's worth it.

I found BB online for 6.99 pair
2017-1-22
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.4
United States

I meant $1 more than DJI store so yeah.   Ship to store and it won't cost you shippng though it may cost you gas.
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules