Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
USE 4 PRO & 4 PRO + ON SAME DRONE
1784 11 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans29a22c2d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1312 ft
United States

Could I use both the Phantom 4 Pro and 4 Pro + remotes with the same Phantom 4 Pro drone?  It sounds like the Plus remote will not work with some 3rd party software in the future. Thanks, John
2017-1-16
Use props
BenStein
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

Yes, I have a P4P and two remotes (one Plus with built in display/tablet) and one the standard P4P remote which I use my iPad with. You do have to "re-pair" them each time to switch though. But other than that, yes, seamless and interchangeable.

Re-pairing involves going into the Remote section of the Go 4 app, clicking "Linking RC" and then using a paper clip or pen to push the sync button near the SD card slot on the drone.

The sync button is also an LED light that indicates connection status. I did not realize this originally (so you push the paper clip or pen into the LED and that pushes the button also).
2017-1-16
Use props
Grizz 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

same as  benstein, I have both controllers and they do switch.
2017-1-16
Use props
fans29a22c2d
lvl.1
United States

Thank you BenStein. The DJI Ground Station, and mapping, caught my interest. It seems most mapping software has to have an Ipad and not an Android. That may be changing. Thanks again for your time. Cheers to you!
2017-1-17
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.3
United States

BenStein Posted at 2017-1-16 16:58
Yes, I have a P4P and two remotes (one Plus with built in display/tablet) and one the standard P4P remote which I use my iPad with. You do have to "re-pair" them each time to switch though. But other than that, yes, seamless and interchangeable.

Re-pairing involves going into the Remote section of the Go 4 app, clicking "Linking RC" and then using a paper clip or pen to push the sync button near the SD card slot on the drone.

I want to purchase a P4P+ so I would like to know, did you buy the P4P remote because you were not happy with the P4P+ remote screen?  Should I just get the P4P?  I fly with a ipad pro now
2017-1-17
Use props
picky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279 ft
Australia

Stinky711 Posted at 2017-1-17 17:44
I want to purchase a P4P+ so I would like to know, did you buy the P4P remote because you were not happy with the P4P+ remote screen?  Should I just get the P4P?  I fly with a ipad pro now

Hi I own the 4 Pro plus which of course has the attached screen. If i could wind back the clock I would have just bought the  P 4 pro. While the screen is bright the device has crashed a few times and end have to reboot on the fly. The screen is small, .nice to use 8 inch or bigger to see all the flight information etc clearly.
2017-1-17
Use props
BenStein
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

Hey there, yah, what happened was I originally ordered a P4P+ with built in screen. The uber bright screen built-in for fast setup, no wires, no worrying about my mobile device interfering or being in use while flying, all were main motivations.

Then that drone had to be sent in for repair (seems the compass became magnetized, kept saying "check compass installation direction" in Sensor State, etc.). So I shipped back just the P4P drone.

But, I really needed to fly. Since I waited so long for the P4P+ and it was hardest to come by (no one had it in stock), I ordered the only thing available which was a standard P4P with the standard remote.

So now I have 1 drone plus two remotes, one of each. The original drone is still in Calif, US under repair. In fact, I think it might have just been shipped back yesterday to me (it takes 6 days since I am on east coast).

I thought about selling one, but then realized that DJI is still working on kinks in the drones, the Plus remote, and the DJI Go 4 app for Android/iOS so decided to keep both. (I know...my wife did not agree with this decision but I do more dishes now haha).

This way if one of the DJI platforms has an issue, hopefully I can use the other. If I am shooting on bright day, will probably take the Plus remote. (Incidentally, they may have just fixed the freezes with the last drone firmware, I posted separately on that).

I actually don't have a need/desire at the moment to install 3rd party apps, but have the standard remote in case I change my mind in the future.

One thing I can say...nothing beats the screen brightness. It is dazzling (1000 cd/m2 vs 625 for my iPhone7 and 425 for my iPad Air 2). I flew with the ipad for the first time this weekend, really had to struggle and orient my body to shade the screen to see what I was doing.
2017-1-18
Use props
VR360°
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179541 ft

ahaaaaah, so there's a way to pair the p4p+ with an other remote tu do 3d scans? i have the same problem with the p4p+ ....
2018-6-12
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

VR360° Posted at 2018-6-12 12:59
ahaaaaah, so there's a way to pair the p4p+ with an other remote tu do 3d scans? i have the same problem with the p4p+ ....

Yes. I bought the P4P+, and later purchased a standard controller so I can use Litchi.  I’ve found that most of the time I use the + controller because of ease of use. Also, I can plug the Goggles into the USB port and still have both the Display and the Goggles active at the same time. I do wish they would take the time to make the master/slave mode an option for the Phantoms.

Jeff
2018-6-12
Use props
jonojazz
lvl.1

Thank you Jeff!  I would like to do some mapping and was very disappointed that the P4P+ wouldn't allow me to install the mapping software.  Oh well!  Are there any complications when switching back and forth from one controller to another?
2018-6-13
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jonojazz Posted at 2018-6-13 01:56
Thank you Jeff!  I would like to do some mapping and was very disappointed that the P4P+ wouldn't allow me to install the mapping software.  Oh well!  Are there any complications when switching back and forth from one controller to another?

It only takes a minute.
Do a word search in the manual for LINK to see how to do it.
2018-6-13
Use props
BobUnplugged
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both, too.  There are distinct advantages and disadvantages to both.  Most have been pointed out.  As for the P4P+, there is something to be said for the ability to get in the air fast.
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules