GS pro / 3D vertical relief
1759 17 2017-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
egargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

I have a Phantom4 and the new ground station pro. if I have to make a 3d relief of a rocky ridge or outline of a church, as I do to apply the grid vertically not horizontally?

2017-1-16
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

hi, are you running the beta iOS ground station? ricci
2017-1-17
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

ricci2 Posted at 2017-1-17 17:43
hi, are you running the beta iOS ground station? ricci

No. the Apple store website has already released the second version
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

egargiulo Posted at 2017-1-17 23:00
No. the Apple store website has already released the second version

Just to clarify, what iOS device are you using?
2017-1-17
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I tried to do this on the beta and the way I did it was to use waypoints and hover, then add a waypoint on top of the last and change altitude then fly to a new opposite w/p, hover, waypoint on top, change altitude, and keep doing that up the profile. There is no way to see it alas. I also tried to lay the profile on the ground how I wanted it to be in the Z axis using the hight needed as the Y axis then changed the w/p altitudes to reflect the hight I needed then slid the right side w/p over each other in sequence, followed by the left side and I had a Z axis ladder.

Hope that has not confused things even more.

ricci
2017-1-18
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-17 23:43
Just to clarify, what iOS device are you using?

Ipad4- Why?
2017-1-18
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

ricci2 Posted at 2017-1-18 04:11
I tried to do this on the beta and the way I did it was to use waypoints and hover, then add a waypoint on top of the last and change altitude then fly to a new opposite w/p, hover, waypoint on top, change altitude, and keep doing that up the profile. There is no way to see it alas. I also tried to lay the profile on the ground how I wanted it to be in the Z axis using the hight needed as the Y axis then changed the w/p altitudes to reflect the hight I needed then slid the right side w/p over each other in sequence, followed by the left side and I had a Z axis ladder.

Hope that has not confused things even more.

I understand. but I thought that the app had a specific function ...
2017-1-18
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I have not found it so far but if anybody can shed some light it would be good to view in 3d.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I'm just making sure that the device is capable of running the GS app appropriately. Just to clarify, which GS Pro app version are you using and are you looking at the waypoint flight mode or 3D map area mode? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, are you asking whether you need to add vertical perameters instead of just horizontal in order to capture the face of the cliff?
2017-1-18
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 13:26
I'm just making sure that the device is capable of running the GS app appropriately. Just to clarify, which GS Pro app version are you using and are you looking at the waypoint flight mode or 3D map area mode? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, are you asking whether you need to add vertical perameters instead of just horizontal in order to capture the face of the cliff?

HI. OK.
App version is 1.0.2, the latest. Of course, I'm using the 3D map mode. In fact, I'm asking if it is possible to add vertical and not horizontal parameters to capture prospects or ridges. Perfect
Thank you
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

egargiulo Posted at 2017-1-19 03:40
HI. OK.
App version is 1.0.2, the latest. Of course, I'm using the 3D map mode. In fact, I'm asking if it is possible to add vertical and not horizontal parameters to capture prospects or ridges. Perfect
Thank you

At first you would set the horizontal perameters. After that, there is an "altitude" sections where you can adjust the height of a specific point. That should give you the desired effect if you start at a lower point than the top of said cliff.
2017-1-19
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-19 11:02
At first you would set the horizontal perameters. After that, there is an "altitude" sections where you can adjust the height of a specific point. That should give you the desired effect if you start at a lower point than the top of said cliff.

horizontal parameters? and where are they? I want to use 3DMAp Area and not Waypoint Route ....
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

egargiulo Posted at 2017-1-19 22:57
horizontal parameters? and where are they? I want to use 3DMAp Area and not Waypoint Route ....

I'm referring to page 13 of the GS Pro manual:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_EN_V1.2_.pdf

When I mean the horizontal parameters, I mean the points you add on the map that would act as a barrier during the capturing process.
2017-1-19
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-19 23:15
I'm referring to page 13 of the GS Pro manual:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/groundstation_pro/GS_Pro_User_Manual_EN_V1.2_.pdf

Thanks. HI. Meaning? which actions should I run?
2017-1-20
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Hi, DJI-Jamie. then, I expose the problem again. In 3DMap area, the main path drawn and processed refers to the path followed by the drone (parallel to the ground) with a certain speed at a given height. Along this path the camera will carry out the shooting at set intervals. OK? Is this path possible to refer it to a vertical wall (Church, rocky ridge, etc.)? How?
2017-1-20
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Hi, Jamie. In short, is it  possible refer 3DMap area to the relief of a vertical wall and not to the relief of land?
2017-1-20
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Hi, Jamie
2017-1-23
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4