Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IOSD mini firmware mismatch
7192 13 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Papaxiclas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5455981 ft
Portugal

Hello,

I am installing an A3 without LB2 and trying to have some OSD.
I upgraded the IOSD mini to the latest firmware 4.0 and now I am unable to reconect it to IOSD assistant or even downgrade it becaus the assistant always says "firmware mismatch".
I should I do to make it work again and with A3?
Thanks

2017-1-17
Use props
fansc6c6bb9a
New

Sweden

Same problem here.
Did you find a solution?
Thanks
2017-1-21
Use props
Papaxiclas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5455981 ft
Portugal

Nop, I still have the IOSD mini on the bench.
2017-1-26
Use props
HALLAMNET
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1909085 ft
United Kingdom

Got the same here and just can't seem to get by it.

Has anyone had any luck with this at all?

Upgraded to 4.0 and just get Firmware mis-match and cannot get to the main screen. Now when i check for updates, it tells me there are none. This is on a NAZA M V2 on latest firmware.

Any help would be awesome!

Regards,

Hal
2017-2-25
Use props
HALLAMNET
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bit of an update.

Contacted DJI support via E-Mail and sent me a one time download to resolve.

All working OK now.

Tried to use the download again and it has been restricted so can't pass on.

Just contact support and they will be able to help you out.

Hope this helps,

Hallamnet
2017-2-27
Use props
MarkyB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have had exactly the same issues with my iOSD mini. I have had a protracted discussion with DJI about the problem since January. DJI have asked me to send my mini back so they can have a look. I only found this thread a few days ago so it is rather perplexing to fine that this doesn't appear to be a unique problem and that it has previously been resolved by e-mailing a download which solved the issue and presumably in very quick time At the moment my mini is on its way to Holland. No idea when I will get it back! The only point I noted which hasn't been commented on in this thread is that when I looked at the version of the update it was quoted as being 3.03 (if I remember correctly) even though the assistant quoted version 4xx
Mark
2017-3-12
Use props
fans3aaea5fb
New

Italy

i have the some problem, naza v2 and iosd mini upgraded firmware not match 4.0
2017-3-14
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

I have the same exact issue. Opened the 4.1 iosd mini app to adjust settings; said a FW upgrade was available to version 4.01 from 1.06. Upgraded, said successful, restarted device and now i can't get into the Menu to adjust any settings, only says Firmware Mismatch.
2017-3-15
Use props
HALLAMNET
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same happens to me and when I contacted support, they gave me some instructions on how to re flash to the previous version using a secret menu. I was sworn to secrecy about the process and may have said too much already. But there is away to go back, re flash and use the iOSD as per before.
2017-3-18
Use props
MarkyB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

An update to my post on the 12th March.

I have received a replacement iOSD mini as the original was deemed to be faulty. The turnaround from sending to receiving a new one was about 18  days.

I installed the new unit to check everything was working and then set up the parameters using the 4.1 assistant, which told me that a firmware upgrade was needed to version 4xx, I delayed upgrading until I was sure that everything was working. Happy that everything was ok I "successfully" upgraded the firmware according to the assistant but guess what; I have exactly the same problem as before.  The assistant tells me the upgrade was successful but there is a firmware mismatch which means that I can't access the set up page to adjust any of the parameters. The mini is working and appears to be providing correct data, but the firmware and set up parameters are frozen.

Having looked through a lot of the post in all of the topics there are quite a few relating to this issue with the iOSD mini so it is not a one off. Perhaps something could be done about this issue!!
2017-3-31
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

MarkyB Posted at 2017-3-31 07:11
An update to my post on the 12th March.

I have received a replacement iOSD mini as the original was deemed to be faulty. The turnaround from sending to receiving a new one was about 18  days.

Yes something could be done about this. But and i mean BUT that would mean DJI would have to accept responsibility for the widespread issue and either:

1: Post the fix that has been given to so many already over Phone Support ONLY since its a total secret and make each person swear on their lives they won't help or tell others.

2: Just simply fix the issue and post it as an update. Be done, and STOp telling others they MUST call in to fix it.

Well i have a life, Job, family, and the last thing i'm going to do is spend my time on a phone jumping over more language barriers.

Bunt, to the point, and nothing but the truth.
2017-3-31
Use props
madis
Flight distance : 67100 ft
Latvia

User Pops from fpvlab(.)com suggests doing as follows:
To all that have the DJI iOSD Mini, there is a HUGE problem when using iOSD Assistant V4.01 and firmware upgrade.   When plugging an iOSD Mini into V4.01, the Assistant will state the firmware is upgradable to V4.00 (or V4.01, I don't recall). DO NOT DO IT. The Assistant ID's the Mini as a MKII and the firmware V4 is for MKII ONLY. It will load the MKII firmware and now it will give a "Firmware mismatch" warning. This bricks the iOSD Mini. iOSD Mini latest firmware is V1.06.   DJI site does not indicate this problem exists because they would need to admit they screwed up. They give no downgrade path and you must contact them via e-mail and they will send a one-shot program to fix it.   I found a work around to downgrade back to V1.06   1. Load the older iOSD Assistant 4.0 (luckily I still had the installer file) 2. Start Assistant V4.0 program 3. Connect the iOSD Mini 4. Software will ask if you want to "upgrade" to V1.06. Hit yes to "upgrade" firmware 5. When "upgrade" is done, Re-boot the iOSD Mini 6. All is good now with firmware 1.06 installed   Hope this helps..

Thank you, Pops!

2017-4-11
Use props
fans74f2fc43

Sweden

madis, thank you for providing great info! I can just add that DJI still have the the iOSD Assistant V4.0 available for download. You can use this link (please do not remove it DJI since this is the only solution that users can solve the problem without interacting with you support):

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/iosd/iOSD_Installer_4.0.zip

If the software is removed, feel free to write in this forum thread or send me an PM. I'll keep it safe
2018-7-21
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221371 ft
Canada

Hello, if you cannot download it anymore, it is still on the DJI website in the Phantom 2 downloads section (version 4.0 that is). I was able to save my IOSD Mini. https://www.dji.com/ca/phantom-2 ... info=true#downloads
2022-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules