Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc8fb9cf0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110381 ft
Italy

Hi Guys,

i have tried to use the "Follow Me Mode"  on my phantom 4

I get on display error:  AIRCRAFT GPS Signal too weak".  BUT IT IS NOT TRUE BECAUSE GPS SIGNAL IS OK

As you can see on the attached screenshot on the top  AC GPS signal is green, 4 Lines and 12 satellites on.
The APP GPS signal is marked as STRONG on the middle right side of app screenshoot.

I have contacted CHAT SUPPORT 4 TIMES and i got 4 different NO solutions about it:

first agent: "disinstall and reinstall app"second agent: "send phantom for repairing"
third agent: "is a problem of the app and wait for the new release"
4ht agent: "enable GPS on device" (funny)

Anyone have clue about this problem?

Thanks guys for help
Luca

app display

app display
2017-1-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It might be a terminology error in the App'. For 'Folow Me' to work correctly your display device connected to the RC (Remote Control) also needs to have good GPS reception. If your Apple or Android device does not have GPS receiver built in then the 'Follow Me' will not work.
2017-1-17
Use props
Exx
lvl.1
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-17 05:16
It might be a terminology error in the App'. For 'Folow Me' to work correctly your display device connected to the RC (Remote Control) also needs to have good GPS reception. If your Apple or Android device does not have GPS receiver built in then the 'Follow Me' will not work.

thanks

but device had good GPS, as displayed and as you can see in the right low corner showing the position

moreove device is an ipadpro and GPS was ok
2017-1-17
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

i think the gps signal strong is the feedback that the drone gps receives strong signal. always confused follow me with active track, so bear with me: in follow me mode i believe the drone uploads gps data from the controller (in fact controller doesnt have gps, is the gps of the device you're running the app on. HERE A QUESTION TO DJI: MAYBE THE CONTROLLER NEEDED ITS OWN GPS TO AVOID RELYING ON THE GPS OF SCREEN DEVICE?). is possible that the gps location that the controller uploads is not accurate enough to effectively pinpoint the drone to where the controller is. therefore, the drone can't follow.as i said, always confused follow me with active tracking. i know that the mode where you select the area on the screen to GO after (active track i believe) is cool in that it keeps the tracking on the center of the screen, however it may loose tracking with ease. when my dog crosses path with me, usually the drone abandons following th dog (as instructed) and starts following me, although the dog is yellow and i wear a bule coat.
to wrap it up, one mode keep subject centered but may loose the subject. the other mode will follow (hopefully with subject on the screen) for as long as there is good gps signal on the screen device.
2017-1-17
Use props
Exx
lvl.1
Italy

WindSoul:  GPS on my device was more than ok, was strong... first because i was just near by the AC (drone) in a open space like a beach, moreover the device get its position well and more i checked with anothe r APP how storng was GPS signal on device and how many stallites were seen.

I think it is some worng or some bugs with software.

what i wonder is why DJI chat support "shoot" different solutions instead to escalte the problem to superior support.

Listening to them i had to send back my phantom for repairing... ridiculos....

I hope DJI someone of real support can explain and solve the issue
2017-1-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Exx Posted at 2017-1-17 13:31
WindSoul:  GPS on my device was more than ok, was strong... first because i was just near by the AC (drone) in a open space like a beach, moreover the device get its position well and more i checked with anothe r APP how storng was GPS signal on device and how many stallites were seen.

DJI support is flaky at the best of time, you will get better answers to your questions here on this forum. But Aardvark is correct, it is really saying that the GPS signal from your device is not strong enough. Whether it was or not is difficult to say.
2017-1-17
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

I have always also had the same problem on my new p4. GPS to the drone is strong. I'm using an iPhone 7 plus; I know it also has strong gps.  Whenever I try follow me mode I get the same reported errors; it flits between strong and weak GPS.  The only thing I have changed which seems to have improved it is started using DJIgo 4 app rather than the standard DJI go app. Have you tried that?
2017-1-17
Use props
Exx
lvl.1
Italy

Dav 0 Posted at 2017-1-17 15:46
I have always also had the same problem on my new p4. GPS to the drone is strong. I'm using an iPhone 7 plus; I know it also has strong gps.  Whenever I try follow me mode I get the same reported errors; it flits between strong and weak GPS.  The only thing I have changed which seems to have improved it is started using DJIgo 4 app rather than the standard DJI go app. Have you tried that?

no, i have no clue about this app, i will have a try,any hint about DJIGO 4 app to tell me ?

thanks
2017-1-18
Use props
Exx
lvl.1
Italy

Btw i am still convinced that my GPS device is good as by test i made, i think there is some software issue that "tells" to app that GPS is weak
2017-1-18
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

Exx Posted at 2017-1-18 10:22
Btw i am still convinced that my GPS device is good as by test i made, i think there is some software issue that "tells" to app that GPS is weak

I believe the the go 4 app is the officially supported app for the p4.  It seems identical though to the go app. I guess there might be some changes under the hood though.

I didn't realise either there were two apps as when you search on the iOS App Store the DJI go app comes up first.  

I'm like you, I know I have good gps signal on both the phone and the p4.
2017-1-18
Use props
Exx
lvl.1
Italy

Dav 0 Posted at 2017-1-18 13:15
I believe the the go 4 app is the officially supported app for the p4.  It seems identical though to the go app. I guess there might be some changes under the hood though.

I didn't realise either there were two apps as when you search on the iOS App Store the DJI go app comes up first.  

thanks dude for help and hints

Luca

2017-1-20
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

Exx Posted at 2017-1-17 13:31

the gps on a phone doesnt have to be extremely accurate, because it usually works with a map application. this overlapping of gps fix to a map generates a location which is within less than 5m to your real location.
but 5m error can mean a lot. if the drone flies say at 10m and points the camera on you, i guess the shooting frame length is around 10-12m. if you're 5m off center, then the camera is barely catching you at the edge of the frame. in order to improve this, move the camera 20m away and up. but then youre pixel-small, really no detail to catch.
i guess for this reason makes not much sense to follow if the gps fix relayed to the drone is not like 15-20 digits strong.
dont know if that's an option but there are bluetooth gps receivers used for tracking, and i guess those must be accurate. but to connect that to the ipad and use it in DJI app, seems a bit far-fetched. I would appreciate if anyone who tried such a setup will share his experience here.
2017-1-20
Use props
Exx
lvl.1
Italy

thanks dude,

i will make some test this way and let know here results

ragards

Luca
2017-1-23
Use props
fans674c2fb3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175745 ft
Switzerland

Luca. Credo tu sia italiano. Hai risolto il problema in questione? Anche a me non va più la modalità follow me e precisamente da quando ho installato la nuova app DJI go 4. Aspetto una tua risposta grazie
2017-4-30
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I have exactly the same problem. And it's only been happening since the new GO4 app needs to be used. It is referring to the device GPS. And yes mine is strong enough.
2017-4-30
Use props
767Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292877 ft
United States

I have a phantom 4 pro + and it is doing the same thing.  I've done restarts, software updates, tried different ranges of the drone and different locations.  No help and no change.  Does anyone have any ideas that might help????
2018-1-23
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This FM not working has been going on for 2 years and nobody has posted a video of it working, excerpt to confuse it with the AT mode (How much time I wasted trying to get it to work). So if there is anyone, including the "experts" that can post a video ( not a simulation) I'm sure we would all appreciate the help.
2018-1-23
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Exact same issue since updating to new Go and Beta 6. Can no longer use follow me. Same message but have 16 satellites locked. Tried reporting back info to DJI on beta 6 and received zero response back, not even a “hows your mother” so I figured their done wanting any info back on 6. Hope today on DJI’s BIG day, we get version 7 out to fix a few issues left in 6 and get these birds perfect again. Could have been testing 7 here everyday with great weather but they refused to send me  version 7 so we wait for the folks in snow country to get the job done.
2018-1-23
Use props
Exx
lvl.1
Italy

fans674c2fb3 Posted at 2017-4-30 13:46
Luca. Credo tu sia italiano. Hai risolto il problema in questione? Anche a me non va più la modalità follow me e precisamente da quando ho installato la nuova app DJI go 4. Aspetto una tua risposta grazie

Perdonami ma mi è arrivato solo ora l'avviso di nuovi post su questo tread.

il problema è altalenante... a volte va a volte non va... credo quindi che si tratti di di un bug software ma soprattutto questo si evidenzi in determinate condizioni.
a volte il follow funziona in metto ad alberi .. altre volte in aperta campagna dice che il segnale satellite è scarso...

non vorrei forse anche una combinazione di qualcosa tipo agps ..legato anche a campo gsm..
non so.. se fosse un bug sostanziale non andrebbe mai... invece vedo che dipende da i momenti
2018-1-23
Use props
Ligurobsidian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243425 ft
Italy

767Drone Posted at 2018-1-23 05:16
I have a phantom 4 pro + and it is doing the same thing.  I've done restarts, software updates, tried different ranges of the drone and different locations.  No help and no change.  Does anyone have any ideas that might help????

I'm experiencing problems with my new Phantom 4 Pro Plus Obsidian and the follow me mode. With GPS signal strong (the drone flies in the GPS mode with no problems more than 10 satellites and strong signal) the receiver warns me that the signal is weak so the drone can't follow the receiver signal to perform the follow me. The same happened to me with my Phantom 3 professional because the GPS receiver of my smartphone was disabled. When I enabled the GPS I solved the problem. How can I manage the problem witn my Phantom 4 pro Plus Obsidian having an integrated display? How can I enable the GPS on my receiver? Is it only a matter of enabling the GPS on the receiver or a more serious problem such as a software problem?
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules