Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can two mavics interfere each other?
7698 17 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Day In Nature
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69783 ft
Thailand

Today on a second fly in the same spot my DJI Go app said "Aircraft disconnected".Luckily the controller still had connection to the mavic and I was not very far away and was able to come back and manually land it without the app. I tried to fly again and all was good...
But after I landed one guy ran to me disoriented... with mavic controll in his hands... He flew somewhere got disoriented and pressed return to home and thought that my mavic is his mavic... Fun story - pilot error... His mavic landed somewhere in the trees...
But my question is could my loss of connection be linked to another pilot near by?

2017-1-17
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

no they cannot each controller is assign to each mavic, two mavic won't interfere with each other. Each controller is assign to the mavic you own unless you do a manual link setup which you have to press a button on your mavic aircraft where the micro SD slot is there is a button there and you have to turn on the other guys controller and hit link controller in the DJI go 4 app, which I doubt that is what happen here, he had a pilot error and landed his on the trees and your lucky that yours did not lose connection and you manage to land yours with out seeing it on the phone screen.
2017-1-17
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.1
Thailand

watuse Posted at 2017-1-17 06:58
no they cannot each controller is assign to each mavic, two mavic won't interfere with each other. Each controller is assign to the mavic you own unless you do a manual link setup which you have to press a button on your mavic aircraft where the micro SD slot is there is a button there and you have to turn on the other guys controller and hit link controller in the DJI go 4 app, which I doubt that is what happen here, he had a pilot error and landed his on the trees and your lucky that yours did not lose connection and you manage to land yours with out seeing it on the phone screen.

Thanks... then there is only the question why the app said "Aircraft disconnected" but the controller was still fine...
At first video started to lag... and suddenly it totally stopped.
Never happened before...
2017-1-17
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Day In Nature Posted at 2017-1-17 07:09
Thanks... then there is only the question why the app said "Aircraft disconnected" but the controller was still fine...
At first video started to lag... and suddenly it totally stopped.
Never happened before...

I forgot to answer you this, it could be that the cable got lose from your phone if your using an iPhone like I do sometimes it happens if it lose, but recently I had to send my mavic in for repair because there was in issue that slowly started to develop which was my folding arms one of them the cable was bending and kinking while I open and close the front folding arms in the end I was getting lots of crazy glitches and screen turning off.... The end the cable fail and gave me a ESC error which i had to send it in I just got it last week on the 9th and they change the flight controller ESC board and the arm which the cable was bending to much which in the end DJI repair it under the warranty.... If this disconnection continues to happen to your mavic I will have it sent in for repair because it could be anything that later on could end up serious.... If you get this screen disconnection but the RC remote still works make sure the cable is not getting lose, I had the same thing happening to me and now it does not do at all...
2017-1-17
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.1
Thailand

watuse Posted at 2017-1-17 07:22
I forgot to answer you this, it could be that the cable got lose from your phone if your using an iPhone like I do sometimes it happens if it lose, but recently I had to send my mavic in for repair because there was in issue that slowly started to develop which was my folding arms one of them the cable was bending and kinking while I open and close the front folding arms in the end I was getting lots of crazy glitches and screen turning off.... The end the cable fail and gave me a ESC error which i had to send it in I just got it last week on the 9th and they change the flight controller ESC board and the arm which the cable was bending to much which in the end DJI repair it under the warranty.... If this disconnection continues to happen to your mavic I will have it sent in for repair because it could be anything that later on could end up serious.... If you get this screen disconnection but the RC remote still works make sure the cable is not getting lose, I had the same thing happening to me and now it does not do at all...

Thanks, I'll check the cable...
I'm using Google Nexus 5x, not iPhone... but still a valid thing to check....
I just panicked a bit after seeing that disconnected error... but after I saw that I can still control it - I landed immediately...
2017-1-17
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

A little grain of salt here, they're both running on the same frequency (or around the same frequency, just as the wifi does too) so even though it's impossible that you start controling another drone with your controller (as they're not paired) they can of course interfere each other signal, just as any other RF signal that can interefere, weakining the reception. I don't feel that should be a big issue anyways

Poor guy, did he get his bird back in one piece?
2017-1-17
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.1
Thailand

CuaC Posted at 2017-1-17 07:31
A little grain of salt here, they're both running on the same frequency (or around the same frequency, just as the wifi does too) so even though it's impossible that you start controling another drone with your controller (as they're not paired) they can of course interfere each other signal, just as any other RF signal that can interefere, weakining the reception. I don't feel that should be a big issue anyways

Poor guy, did he get his bird back in one piece?

Well, I showed him how to check flight logs... and we found a place on the map where his drone landed... and the drone was still transiting video with bushes.... plus it was getting dark... so I think he'll have some searching to do next day
It's a bit scary that every Joe can buy a drone now and loose it randomly without being able to understand where he flies..., potentially making some damage...
2017-1-17
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Day In Nature Posted at 2017-1-17 07:35
Well, I showed him how to check flight logs... and we found a place on the map where his drone landed... and the drone was still transiting video with bushes.... plus it was getting dark... so I think he'll have some searching to do next day
It's a bit scary that every Joe can buy a drone now and loose it randomly without being able to understand where he flies..., potentially making some damage...

You´re right, and with this birds that can easily go out of sight I think it´s everybody´s task to remind all the people what´s right and what´s not, and how to fly safe. Specially nowadays with all the Neistat fans that will just do what he does and fly everywhere... If we fail to create a good community, the regulations will kick in for everyone of us! You just have to watcht the news to find the already existing drone paranoia... every silly news regarding an incident with drones is a piece of cake to the media...
2017-1-17
Use props
Tripp
First Officer
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

Are you using DJI go or DJI go 4?  You said DJI go, and I just wanted to check to make sure you were using go 4 as I had issues when I tried using 'go'
2017-1-17
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

As such, the two controllers do not disturb each other. But if you watch this video, it will immediately go up for one that many RC pilots do not understand and operate with your brand controller with what a proper antenna direction means for drone receipt of the control signal. It is not exaggerated it is being told.

When DJI GO 4 APP writes disconnected, it means APP is not "talking" with the controller.

Link to video:

Regards Leif.
2017-1-17
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Aircraft Disconnected happened also to me and it felt like a software issue. I could not get the app to work again till I rebooted everything (not the phone) and then the aircraft was connected again. Very odd.
2017-1-17
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.3

United States

My buddy also has a Mavic. If we are flying together and going for any kind of distance, we each get interference messages and occasional video dropouts if we stand right next to each other.  Separation of 20 feet or so seems to resolve the issue.
2017-1-17
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.1
Thailand

Nees Posted at 2017-1-17 11:01
Aircraft Disconnected happened also to me and it felt like a software issue. I could not get the app to work again till I rebooted everything (not the phone) and then the aircraft was connected again. Very odd.

Today I got lagging video in the DJI GO 4 again and followed by app hang... after I finally restarted the app (mavic was in the air at that time) The app crashed maybe few times in a row....
Then I forse closed DJI GO and DJI GO 4 (both apps) started DJI GO 4 and all went good from there...
I think there might be some interference between these two apps....
2017-1-18
Use props
djiuser_MjvOCdq5RxoV
New

United States

I like to do drone footage of surfing. There are other drones out there at times. Can I avoid the other drones  with the obstacle avoidance on?
2022-2-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most likely NO, too small, too fast and too unpredictable.
2022-2-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Captain
Flight distance : 10238648 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a different opinion than those that say they cannot interfere with each other.  By design, they should not, but they absolutely can.  Radio frequencies get congested.  My personal exerience is that when flying a DJI Mini2 that when a nearby DJI Mini SE starts up that I briefly lose contact with the Mini2.  It comes right back, but clearly there is interference.  It is repeatable, and easily demonstrated.  Because of this first hand evidence of two drones interfering with each other it is a very hard sell to tell me that it cannot happen.
2022-2-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 2-19 16:32
I have a different opinion than those that say they cannot interfere with each other.  By design, they should not, but they absolutely can.  Radio frequencies get congested.  My personal exerience is that when flying a DJI Mini2 that when a nearby DJI Mini SE starts up that I briefly lose contact with the Mini2.  It comes right back, but clearly there is interference.  It is repeatable, and easily demonstrated.  Because of this first hand evidence of two drones interfering with each other it is a very hard sell to tell me that it cannot happen.

I wonder if this is an FCC version vs a CE version? Because, last night I flew a Mavic Mini and a Mini 2 in my 'man cave' simultaneously and there was no signal interference that I saw. The controllers were literally side by side and at times the drones were within 6 to 9 inches of one another.
2022-2-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Captain
Flight distance : 10238648 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was only during startup of the SE, and it is very brief.  If you are flying the Mini2 at the time, it is repeatable each and every time.  It doesn't last. But it does indeed happen.
2022-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules