Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 - Zenmuse Z3 - Downlink Delay Issues
3514 25 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10684098 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
I am flying an Inspire 1 on v1.10.01.40 with a Zenmuse Z3 on v1.9.1.40.

Currently the aircraft flies ok but I have an extreme 4 or 5 second delay of video transmission via DJIGo app v3.1.2. Is there a fix for this issue? It is very bad to the point where I dont feel compfortable flying it. Thanks in advance!
2017-1-17
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Check this thread , kind of a known issue unfortunately . There are some suggestions here to help .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-61144-3-1.html

sorry

donnie
2017-1-17
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-17 09:13
Check this thread , kind of a known issue unfortunately . There are some suggestions here to help .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-61144-3-1.html

So here is the weird part. I tried again with a fresh battery and the same issue occurred. Then I tried with my iPhone 7 Plus, same issue.

I then swapped the Z3 for my X3. the X3 was perfect. Absolutely ZERO lag.

(here comes the weird part)
THEN, I swapped the X3 with Z3 and what do you know, zero lag. ??? This was using my iPhone 7 Plus.

I always hate it when I don't really do anything to solve a problem but for now, it is working.
2017-1-17
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ehcropydoc Posted at 2017-1-17 09:39
So here is the weird part. I tried again with a fresh battery and the same issue occurred. Then I tried with my iPhone 7 Plus, same issue.

I then swapped the Z3 for my X3. the X3 was perfect. Absolutely ZERO lag.

I experienced the exact same issue over the weekend. First flew with Z3 and terrible lag of around 10 seconds at all times (recording or not).

Fed up I stopped, powered off transmitter, phone and I1 and tried again with no improvement.

I then changed batteries, put the X3 on and flew with zero lag. For my third battery I swapped back to the Z3 and again experienced no lag, even when recording 4K video. Transmitter, DJI Go and I1 all up to date firmeware wise...
2017-1-17
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue.  Got home and noticed the DJI go app had been updated.  Did the update and problem gone.
2017-1-17
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

JBInspire Posted at 2017-1-17 09:48
I experienced the exact same issue over the weekend. First flew with Z3 and terrible lag of around 10 seconds at all times (recording or not).

Fed up I stopped, powered off transmitter, phone and I1 and tried again with no improvement.

Wow. So I'm not the only one here!

I was shocked to be honest. The lag was so terrible that theres no possible way I could have taken this in a commercial environment (hell, any environment). A crash would have occurred within minutes.

But then after swapping cameras and then back again, the damn thing works amazing. Some of these pictures are really surprising!
2017-1-17
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Not to bring this thread back to life but I went out today after approximately 10 flights with Z3 and all of a sudden the problem came about again. Nothing was done differently or updated/touched/removed. Just completely random occurrence.

I tried restarting everything more than once. No avail.

Tomorrow I will go out and try the camera swap trick to see if that does anything. This Z3 is amazing when it wants to work. Otherwise its a pain in the arse.
2017-1-31
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ehcropydoc Posted at 2017-1-31 14:51
Not to bring this thread back to life but I went out today after approximately 10 flights with Z3 and all of a sudden the problem came about again. Nothing was done differently or updated/touched/removed. Just completely random occurrence.

I did some indoor bench testing and the Z3 was fine. Took it out and had one flight where it was perfect. On the second flight, half way through (if I remember correctly, after changing video settings, oddly dropping from 4K to 1080p) it started to lag horribly and I had to land as it was just unworkable.

It's a shame because it is a pretty good camera when it works!
2017-2-1
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ehcropydoc Posted at 2017-1-31 14:51

I did some indoor bench testing and the Z3 was fine. Took it out and had one flight where it was perfect. On the second flight, half way through (if I remember correctly, after changing video settings, oddly dropping from 4K to 1080p) it started to lag horribly and I had to land as it was just unworkable.

It's a shame because it is a pretty good camera when it works!
2017-2-1
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ok everyone reading/following this. I can confirm (for me) that a 100% workaround to the downlink delay issue is to turn off the aircraft, swap the Z3 for the X3, turn on the aircraft, turn off the aircraft, swap the cameras back, and then for some odd reason everything will work just fine.

I hate solutions like this because I have no idea why installing the X3 for a few minutes would somehow "reset" or correct the downlink issues with the Z3. It just doesn't make any sense. But for me, it works.

2017-2-1
Use props
Jordak24
lvl.4

United States

ehcropydoc Posted at 2017-2-1 06:51
Ok everyone reading/following this. I can confirm (for me) that a 100% workaround to the downlink delay issue is to turn off the aircraft, swap the Z3 for the X3, turn on the aircraft, turn off the aircraft, swap the cameras back, and then for some odd reason everything will work just fine.

I hate solutions like this because I have no idea why installing the X3 for a few minutes would somehow "reset" or correct the downlink issues with the Z3. It just doesn't make any sense. But for me, it works.

I hope DJI comes up with a firmware fix to this problem with the Z3. That fix is the only thing stopping me from purchasing and Inspire. I watch the forum daily waiting !
2017-2-1
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jordak24 Posted at 2017-2-1 09:10
I hope DJI comes up with a firmware fix to this problem with the Z3. That fix is the only thing stopping me from purchasing and Inspire. I watch the forum daily waiting !

The Z3 is awesome......wait for it.....when it works!

Honestly it is working for me 9 out of 10 times. I now have a temporary solution to my issue. But I fear there are many others without knowledge of the temp solution or maybe my solution doesn't work for them.

If DJI is listening, they need to come out with a final stable release for the Z3. There are still issues with this FW version.
2017-2-2
Use props
tickertapes

United Kingdom

ehcropydoc Posted at 2017-2-1 06:51

So are you saying I we have to carry 2 cameras around it is this fix something you only have to do once?
2017-2-5
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

tickertapes Posted at 2017-2-5 02:23
So are you saying I we have to carry 2 cameras around it is this fix something you only have to do once?

It has happened to me twice so I now carry my X3 just in case.
2017-2-5
Use props
Inspire_Max
First Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have the same problem too! I noticed that more the I1 is far from the RC more the lag comes out... Example, 2000 meters of distance, about 4 seconds delay.
2017-2-19
Use props
DemolitionMan14
First Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been having the same issue.  It is completely intermittent, but when i occurs i have to power down and restart.  that usually clears up the issue.  I have the same issue when i use it with my OSMO handle as well.  Sending it back to B&H and they are going to send it to DJI for service to see if they can fix the issue.
2017-2-21
Use props
Inspire_Max
First Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 2017-2-21 08:18
I have been having the same issue.  It is completely intermittent, but when i occurs i have to power down and restart.  that usually clears up the issue.  I have the same issue when i use it with my OSMO handle as well.  Sending it back to B&H and they are going to send it to DJI for service to see if they can fix the issue.

Mine already went to dji...same problem
2017-2-21
Use props
fanse48993a2
United States

Wow, jsut got my Z3 a week ago and am having terrible lag issues about 10 seconds somtimes...........What, really? been in touch with DJI about this but we havent come up with a fix yet doing a factory reset as soon as they get back to me, had i known about these issues i would not have spent $900 an this piece of kit, i thinks its going back.
2018-9-24
Use props
Ppaggeau
United States

Zemnuse Z3 SOLVED, this is what i had to do at the request of DJI.

Chris (Support)
9月25日 CST17:58
Hello Patrick,

Good day.
Thank you for keeping in touch. For the reset process, you will have to downgrade firmware for this unit. At the main aircraft screen of the DJI GO app, please press and hold the graduation icon located at the upper right corner for a good 5-6 seconds and then release. After you release the icon another screen will pop up where you can see the list of firmware version. Choose the next one from the latest and make sure that this is successfully completed. After this, update the firmware again to its latest to refresh the firmware and also make sure that this is successfully completed.

after you downgrade firmware on the remote make sure you upgrade firmware on the aircraft, just do it anyway it will tell you if its the same version your trying to upgrade too or it will ABORT saying its the same, then start everything up and let the dji go app inform you that an update is required and do it, This worked for me.
Chris
DJI Technical Support

Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Thanks

Patrick

2018-9-25
Use props
Ppaggeau
United States

UPDATE again, the fix didnt work........after downgrading firmware then reinstalling latest firmware it worked..............wait, ............powered up eveything late last night and i was back to the same old video lag. amazing 900.00 piece of kit that doesnt work its going back.
2018-9-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ppaggeau Posted at 2018-9-26 05:00
UPDATE again, the fix didnt work........after downgrading firmware then reinstalling latest firmware it worked..............wait, ............powered up eveything late last night and i was back to the same old video lag. amazing 900.00 piece of kit that doesnt work its going back.

I had lag issues using an iPad Mini 4 on the latest GO app version - switched off the video cache in the app and no glitches at all - thats using the X3 though.
2018-9-26
Use props
fanse11feaa2
Flight distance : 464721 ft
  • >>>

I have a dji inspire 2 under the record button on the dji 4app the button with the lines when I hit it I get the shutter button on the right the gear icon on the left but no camera icon in the middle to set my settings  please help
2018-9-26
Use props
Ppaggeau
United States

Has anyone found a fix for the Z3 video lag issue..........ive tried everything DJI had me roll back the firmware update then reinstall again..........it worked for one flight then back to the same video lag issue, if there is a fix for this please post it here.
2018-10-13
Use props
Ppaggeau
United States

OK so just call me LIVID im on my second Z3 and it has the exact same problem (video Lag). it's going back for a full refund. I do inspection work and I bought the Inspire 1V2 for the sole purpose of getting a Z3 camera and using it for inspections simply because of the Zoom capability of the Z3. the minute I received the Inspire I sold the X3 to help pay for the Z3 which was coming in a few days. immediate problems with the Z3, was in contact with DJI the next day trying to resolve the issue for over a week......rollback firmware reinstalled new firmware again to no avail, Dji,s solution was to send it in for repair....HA that's a 900.00 camera your not fixing it and sending it back so I sent it to where I bought and they replaced it, in the meantime I had no camera to fly with so guess what I had to do? yep, you got it I bought another X3 on eBay. sold my original for 283.00 and paid 360.00 for a replacement........lost 77.00 going through that. and now the 2nd Z3 is going back for a refund and I'm stuck with a drone that I can't use for its intended purposes. the inspire 1 with the Z3 does not work. I just don't understand why DJI doesn't fix this problem now, those Z3 cameras are expensive $900.00. I have 3 DJI drones and they all have their own little issues. the mavic air cant be flown with a tablet and goggles together and when you fly with just goggles you have height and distance limitations. my P3 pro has an issue with the follow me mode like flyaways......mine took off on its own and dove right into the ground. DJI is a huge company but I'm having to rethink using their products. Why DJI doesn't fix the Z3 problem is beyond comprehension. how can they sell you something that has KNOWN issues so if it doesn't work its called Junk.

LIVID in Tucson
2018-10-26
Use props
Ppaggeau
United States

I've got 1500 invested in the Inspire 1 V2 (refurbished) 600.00 in 3 extra batteries, 56 in ND filters, 100 or so in the upgraded charger, misc extra cables. company stickers all over the inspire and remote and a few other things i can't think of at the moment so the investment is well over 2K for a drone that I cant use for its intended/advertised purposes. Junk...........how can DJI sell Junk.

LIVID in Tucson
2018-10-26
Use props
i Cant tell you disgusted i am with DJI over the Z3 and Inspire 1. they keep saying that they are working on a FW update but they arent and are not going to...........if they were they would have done so already. im already a year into this whole ordeal. i have plenty of explatives to describe this company. they just suck.
2019-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules