1334 14 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joejoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194003 ft
Germany

There´s already a thread with the same topic

But due to seriousness of the issue I´m gonna use a new Thread.

Today I also had the issue that the landing gear didn´t lower.
After half an hour of flying (at around -2°C) I wanted the I2 to autoland. It tried to autoland but with the gear in travel position, not in landing position.
Also the switch on the remote didn´t react.

I had the x5s mounted so I somehow had to bring it down. not easy to unexpectedly have to catch a drone by hand in darkness,... glad I notices the issue at all!

2017-1-17
Use props
joejoe
lvl.2
Germany

ah: only a few flights since I got the I2 4 days ago. First severe bug after maybe 5 flights. not good and pretty unsettling.
2017-1-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please keep us posted on the cause. Would the cold weather have a possible impact in this case?  

Does the landing gear worm drive sound normal when operating it by hand on the ground?

Rich
2017-1-17
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

why were you flying in the dark?
2017-1-17
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-17 09:43
Please keep us posted on the cause. Would the cold weather have a possible impact in this case?  

Does the landing gear worm drive sound normal when operating it by hand on the ground?

I've flown my Inspire 2 in -12 degree temperatures and had no issues what so ever with the landing gear.  I again flew yesterday and the temperature was 7 degrees, no issues what so ever with the landing gear.
2017-1-17
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same problem here.

But when I not trying to use auto landing gear the problem does not occur. So in my case only when I try to use auto mode.
2017-1-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-1-17 10:08
I've flown my Inspire 2 in -12 degree temperatures and had no issues what so ever with the landing gear.  I again flew yesterday and the temperature was 7 degrees, no issues what so ever with the landing gear.

Hi MadF,
Thanks for chiming in on this issue. You are right the temperature should really not affect this at all. I was thinking outside the box. 2nd gen landing gear should work without issues one would think!!

Rich
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please export the flight data via DJI assistant and upload it to dropbox?
Our engineers would like to find out what went wrong here.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The VPS needs ample light to work. Unless you also had this issue during the day, the night flying is most likely what did the trick. What surfaces were you trying to land on? Regarding the RC controls, did you ensure that you performed the necessary amount of toggle switches to activate? Were you getting the audio queues whenever you moved it?
2017-1-17
Use props
joejoe
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Mindy , I can try uploading it in a couple of hours!

even if VPS needs light to work: the I2 tried to land, so the gear has to lower completely no matter what. Also I´d expect the I2 to autoland even withour VPS enabled instead of waiting for the battery to be completely dead.

I tried the gear switch a couple of time - no success. And as far as I remember: No audio cues.

2017-1-18
Use props
joejoe
lvl.2
Germany

ah, and I was trying to land on an empty snowcoverd field.

but ot shouldn´t matter because the I2 definitely tried to land (I always avoided it). And that´s the correct behaviour imho: at some point it has to land even if VPS is not available.
2017-1-18
Use props
michael.michael
lvl.2
Flight distance : 935 ft
  • >>>
United States

When it happened to me there was no snow involved and I was trying to use the manual toggle. After about 10 tries it worked.
2017-1-18
Use props
fans50052bcf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228940 ft
United Kingdom

my Brand new Inspire 2 came out of travel mode fine but the landing gear will now not move. I tried one flight and although the software says landing gear up and down there is no movement of the gear when moving the gear switch. Following another post when turned off I have moved the screw by turning the screw head at the bottom and the gear then turns OK so it is not suck.

I am not sure how the Inspire knows where the landing feet are but I have now run out of options. Even on autolanding it says gear going down but they dont move.

When I press the button 5 times to go into travel mode again, it just beeps three times and does not move.

It's even more disappointing as this was a replacement for my first Inspire 2 which would not link to the controller from new.

So looks like this one is going back as well.
2017-1-25
Use props
bass_rock408
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228967 ft
United States

Just received an Inspire 2 as well. It is having somewhat of the same issue, after the initial flight and a few landings and takeoffs I can not get the landing gear to budge, either with the manual trigger on the drone or the trigger on the remote. It makes a clicking noise and it beeps about 5 times and stops trying.  Very disappointing to have this right after the first flight. Very lucky we didn't have the camera yet attached to it.
2017-1-25
Use props
Wexter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

have the same issue. One solution for now is to swtich off all VPS functions, even auto landing gear which is hidden in different tab in settings.
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules