Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
E1200 Standard with X8 configuration with A2
1798 4 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5d497390
lvl.3
United States

Hi, can someone confirm the correct setup for using E1200 Standards on an X8 with A2?

I originally bought 4 CW and 4 CCW Standard E1200 motors, ESCs and props but now realize that I probably need all 8 CCWs or all 8 CWs motors and am still confused on the props.

The A2 X8 configuration has the top motors spinning CCW and bottom motors spinning CW but the E1200 CCWs actually spin CW when upside down (because you turn it over resulting in a spin of the opposit direction vs when upright), so now I think I would need all CCW motors, right?

I think the props would remain 4 CW and 4 CCWs because they're still mounted upright, unlike the bottom motors.

Any help/confirmation on above would be a huge help

Thank you

Adam
2017-1-17
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

you need 4x CCW and 4x CW, the bottom engines are upside down , so you have to turn the props 180°
2017-1-17
Use props
fans5d497390
lvl.3
United States

ducpeter Posted at 2017-1-17 11:52
you need 4x CCW and 4x CW, the bottom engines are upside down , so you have to turn the props 180°

Are you sure because I thought last night when I tried this, if you turn a CW motor upside down it is turning in the same direction as the upright CWW motor, right?  The props remain thrust-down so the top motor would have CWW props and the bottom motor would have CW props, however I think the bottom motor needs to also be CWW so when upside down it is turning in the CW direction...I think, but would like some confirmation.  What am I missing?
2017-1-17
Use props
ducpeter
Captain
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

you are missing the turning direction of the CW motor to CCW prop upside down and CCW motor to CW prop upside down
2017-1-19
Use props
fans5d497390
lvl.3
United States

Ok I finished my project and can confirm for an A2 X8 E1200 setup you need 4x CCW props and 4x CW props AND 8 CCW motors.  This gives you 4x top motors spinning CCW with CCW props AND 4x UPSIDE-DOWN CCW motors spinning in the CW direction with CW prop.  I know, its confusing.
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules