Throttle Stick Questions
4450 5 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9121 ft

United States

I am currently getting my Phantom 3 Standard Repair after a crash with little to no trace on the reason it happened. I have flight data recorded from that same day and all controller inputs were appropriate for a normal flight, there was no CSC mid flight. This didn't happen during flight but want to get an answer on this following question so I can know if it is safe to to mid flight without crashing my drone. The throttle stick on the controller has a little lock function when you fully throttle down and was also wondering what that is for. But that is not my main concern. I know that if you hold the throttle fully down for a few seconds the drones rotors will disarm ON GROUND. If I was to fully throttle down mid flight to descend quickly, would the rotors disarm midflight. If someone were to answer this it'd be highly appreciated. I will make another thread on my theory on why my drone crashed, if you know a lot about drones and could answer to that thread would be awesome. Thanks for your time <3

2017-1-17
Use props
Rafe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9121 ft

United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-17 14:58
The drone has to be stationary for 3 seconds at full stick down for the motors to stop, i.e. landing or hand catching.  In the air it's not stationary because it's dropping in altitude.

Thank you.
2017-1-17
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

The lock feeling in the controller is how far you can throttle down until you hit disarm
2017-1-17
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

The left stick locks down for two reasons, first if your at a high altitude and want to descend at a fast rate you can just lock it down for a bit freeing up that hand. Just don't forget it or you will hit the ground hard. And next as you know it powers down the motors when landed, so you could even lay down the RC if needed and it's still in that mode.
2017-1-17
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Take a look at this video testing out both methods of shut down.

2017-1-18
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

Picture From the Quick Start Guide.
I thought firmware upgrade 1.8.10 was supposed to give a 3 sec. delay in motor stoppage to prevent this from happening in midflight. I wonder if their engineers ever gave any thought into perhaps putting a failsafe parachute that would deploy if the motors stop.
Joysticks.jpg
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules