Google Daydream VR headset
9757 2 2017-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HENROCK67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35020 ft
United States

Anyone using the Google Daydream VR headset($49) to do some FPV flying? I was looking at the Homido V2 ($79)(because of this video ) but starting to have 2nd thoughts due to the daydream new price point. any thoughts?
2017-1-17
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

very interesting,  I am interested in these for FPV on My Mavic.  Having never flown  with googles before has me wondering how I can use these and still control the settings during the flight.  I am planning on using Litchi, having used it almost exclusively with my Phantom 3P.  I guess I just need some clarification from folks out there.  Thanks for sharing this video.
2017-1-20
Use props
theflyingtinman
lvl.1

United States

I have a Daydream: it leaks a lot of light. The foam face pad has very large gaps below my cheekbones (my face isn't unusually thin) And the phone is held in place by a hinged flat pad which does not 'engulf' the phone like the Homido, so easy access to plug in USB cables, etc. but that also leaks a lot of light around the phone. No adjustment for IPD, or lens-to-eye. It is super lightweight and comfortable, but I'm thinking of buying a better one for FPV flying. I haven't yet tried using the Daydream for FPV flying, but I'm pretty sure the light leakage would be a major issue for me; I have to close the blinds when I use it indoors!) The Homido definitely looks worth the extra few bucks.  Luckily the Daydream came 'free' with my Google Pixel XL.
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules