P4P+ First Done First ever Flight
755 6 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

People tend to post negative experiences but dont always report positive experiences or when things go right.

My first ever drone and first time flight today.

Had it about 3 weeks. To be honest after reading so many fly away and negative experiences and problems with P4P i was frankly scared. Mayb even a little put off.

Anyway. Spents tons of hours on you tube and this forum aswell as flight simulator and manuals / DJI tutorials. Learnt so much and ive got so much yet still to learn.

Only trouble i had was initial activation. It didnt pick up my home wifi. Got around it by borrowing neighbours wifi. Activation and set up was pretty straight forward. The AC and RC both went through update process. I followed on screen instructions and it all came back successful.

Recently a new AC update was released. Managed to do this to succesfully. Used the RC and the cables direct to AC.

Did a IMU calibration. Level surface and AC cold. Successful.

Spent a little time on simulator getting a feel of sticks and also tested RTH in simulator mode. Many may think why but ive never had a drone. Spent  £2000 inc 2x extra batteries. Simulatot is there so used it.

In all the time ive had it. The in built screen has not ever frozen.

Today i went out to the local sports fields where flying is allowed. (Paid £33 for insurance just in case and to be on safe side)

Did a compass calibiration.

Had a good play familiarising and getting used to basic flying. Landing / take off. Backward forward. Cirles squares etc. No problems. Was pretty stable and really COOL.

Double checked the home point was stored. Sent drone out 30m distance. Set RTH to 50m as the trees here are very tall.

Said my prayers really fast and pressed the RTH.

The drone went up 50m high. Turned around. Flew back towards me. Stopped above home point. When it was about 10M i was testing stick movements and AC was responding.
Successful RTH. It worked perfect.

10/15 mins of flying in total and no screen freezing.

Overall experience of this forum absolutely brill. Both members and DJI reps. All brill and helpful. Ive learnt so much.

First time drone experience also brilliant and a happy experience.

Thank you to all here.

Got so much more to learn and so far been a lovely enjoyable happy experience.

I realise its a expensive hobby. But im mentally prepared.

I have DJI refresh in place.

Looking for a gps tracker just incase i ever lose it.

Anyways..

Writing and sharing to give some "confidence" to other new comers visiting the forum or getting into drone flying or DJI phantom drones.

See ya all around

2017-1-18
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

very well said !  happy flying !
2017-1-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Wait, you had it for three weeks before your first flight? Now there is a patient man.
2017-1-18
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I love my Phantom, I have to give kudos to DJI. They understand the value of making quality products over cheap money maker products that soon get a bad rep.
2017-1-18
Use props
fans3208d094
lvl.2
Flight distance : 684170 ft
United States

Awesome!! Glad to hear the positive response.
2017-1-18
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kudos...

Same experience here with P4P, P4P + and MAVIC PRO and it has been more than 2 month, over 700,000' of flight WITH NO issues what so ever...

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered your Pet!
2017-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's always nice to read threads of this nature.  Wish there were more of them, every day.
The majority of us happy DJI customers often don't post on the forums.
& if they do, it's primarily to offer help and guidance to newcomers in the hobby.

It's a small fraction of users that have problems. Much of which is due to people who hesitated to RTFM! ;-)
You can easily tell that by the similar questions, often asked.  

Some drones obviously are problematic, and need to be sent in for repair or exchange. That's unfortunate.

Glad I have a perfect Phantom 3 Pro, that continues to bring me joy.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules