Metal bracket crack prevention on phantom 3
899 4 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timbo
lvl.2
United States

I came across a thread where people were talking about these. I thought I would share my experance with you guys. I orderd them from china on dec 3rd, they arrived jan 18th. They came in some anti static bags for some reason. The description said the metal is a alloy. The metal feels cheap. I stuck a magnet to it but they did not stick. They also have a cheap feeling chrome plateing. The screws do not sit flush when fully tightened. I used clear fingernail polish as thread locker. I took it on a flight after installing them and i felt no diffrence. 1.png

2.png
3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg
12.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg
2017-1-18
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

What thread locker can I use? I don't think the nail polish is very strong.
2017-1-19
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

You say it "felt no different". That is not the purpose. The pupose is to prevent the dreaded motor-mount cracks from occurring. I have the same hardware on mine and I think the precision of the manufacturing is very good. If they are not magnetic then that is a good thing. Ferrous materials have the potential to interfere with the compass.
2017-1-19
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

RSW Posted at 2017-1-19 13:02
You say it "felt no different". That is not the purpose. The pupose is to prevent the dreaded motor-mount cracks from occurring. I have the same hardware on mine and I think the precision of the manufacturing is very good. If they are not magnetic then that is a good thing. Ferrous materials have the potential to interfere with the compass.

I know they are meant to prevent cracks, I was saying I felt no difference flying in a good way. I didn't think about the magnetic bags protecting the compass, that makes sense. You may have gotten some better quality ones than I did.
2017-1-19
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

I bought some from the same place on December 8th, so far I haven't gotten them.  Either the boat sank or someone else thought they needed them.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules