Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P Range Issues
1984 11 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sshorty
lvl.3

Australia

I know there have been multiple threads on the P4P distance.
I have been disconnected now twice from the aircraft, one at 1.1km and the other at 900m. Nearly lost connection again at 700m..
Using 2.4GHz, over water, in a remote town with very limited interfernce.
I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong, but to be getting 1/7th of the stated DJI distance, to me is pretty dissapointing.
I am using the remote control correctly and pointing the remote towards the craft.

Any time I get over 500m I start to worry that I am going to lose connection. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems?
I have not updated to the latest FW, may be a possible fix?
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you double checked your antenna orientation? What kind of mobile device are you using?

2017-1-18
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.3
United States

I am having the same issue and can not get over 700m before I get disconnected. First video weak signal then I lose communicaiton with my P4P and pray it comes back.
2017-1-18
Use props
sshorty
lvl.3

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 16:14
Have you double checked your antenna orientation? What kind of mobile device are you using?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Yes, I have.
iPad mini 4th gen 4g
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

sshorty Posted at 2017-1-18 18:00
Yes, I have.
iPad mini 4th gen 4g

Would it be possible for you to sync your flight logs from the DJI Go app and send an email to support@dji.com in order to have them further analyzed? The Support team can possibly find the cause of the short range and see if there is either a remote solution or have the unit sent in for either repair or replacement.
Prior to this, however, I would recommend updating the firmware to see if this helps. Your iPad should be fast enough to not be contributing to the situation, so it would be a matter of focusing on the aircraft. Just to clarify on that, do you have hardware decoding enabled?
2017-1-18
Use props
P4P Croatia
lvl.1

Croatia

This is exactly my story too. Remote areas with no interference, auto band selecting 2.4G, clear LoS, perfect antenna orientation, maximum range less then 2km but usually only half of that. I also have P3P and in same conditions (location, height, antenna orientation) I can do 4+km. AC and RC is on latest firmware, using latest version of Go 4 on nVidia Shield K1 (dedicated drone tablet).
2017-1-21
Use props
P4P Croatia
lvl.1

Croatia

This is graphic display what I mean:

P4P.jpg
P3P.jpg
2017-1-21
Use props
fans1e42bccd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1879075 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was starting to think it was me, I keep loosing signal at less than 1000m range, I've tried different height places times of day and still the longest flight I've managed just once was 2600m yet every time I take out my p3a and try with that one I'm getting much much further I'm using the same range extenders on each, I am a little disappointed as was hoping for so much more from the 4 pro plus, any advice on this will be greatful as it worrying to keep losing signal at such low distance.
2017-1-22
Use props
usere1c0332ac8

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 22:48
Would it be possible for you to sync your flight logs from the DJI Go app and send an email to support@dji.com in order to have them further analyzed? The Support team can possibly find the cause of the short range and see if there is either a remote solution or have the unit sent in for either repair or replacement.
Prior to this, however, I would recommend updating the firmware to see if this helps. Your iPad should be fast enough to not be contributing to the situation, so it would be a matter of focusing on the aircraft. Just to clarify on that, do you have hardware decoding enabled?

Should hardware decoding be on or off?
2017-1-22
Use props
usere1c0332ac8

United States

I have the same problem. I get out about 2600 feet and its all it wrote. Pretty disappointing. I am going to send my logs to DJI Support.
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

usere1c0332ac8 Posted at 2017-1-22 06:25
Should hardware decoding be on or off?

It depends on the processor of your iOS. A8 or newer processors were recommend have hardware decoding enabled. The older A7 processors didn't need it, but it did not hurt to have it on.
2017-1-23
Use props
usere1c0332ac8

United States

Thank you!!
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules