Battery Test Results - DJI vs Aftermarket
2170 3 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

I have 2 DJI battaries and one aftermarket battery I bought by accident because the website was a bit misleading. I kept it anyway and it works well in terms of overall flight time. I hovered about an inch off the ground until the power died with each. The DJI battery went to 0% and was still hovering. The aftermarket battery ran out at 3% and the drone dropped to the ground. No damage as I was very low, but I think the power and voltage is just not quite as good with the aftermarket. I will be interested to see how many charges the aftermarket can take before degrading significantly vs the DJI battery.
2017-1-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Clapper,

The aftermarket battery is a very big risk to fly with as you saw with the 1 inch ?crash?.  But, think about it, many times you have to do calibrations that take 5 or to 10 minutes or run through some settings that take a bit of time.  You could use the aftermarket battery for non-flight purposes.  That way you could save your fully charged and properly performing DJI batteries for flight.

If I have a flight cut short for some reason, I save the battery for adjusting and testing settings or an IMU calibration or some other non-flight related use.  Why waste the charge?  Plus it is a good excuse to explore how different settings perform.

At least this approach keeps your risky battery in some sort of use that is not as risky as flight.  I am sure that some members of this Forum will disagree with my suggestion, but it is your call.  You can also check the calibrations or settings before a flight with the DJI battery.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-18
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

i use mine to exercise, flying near me very low and slow
2017-1-18
Use props
Clapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-18 23:01
Aloha Clapper,

The aftermarket battery is a very big risk to fly with as you saw with the 1 inch ?crash?.  But, think about it, many times you have to do calibrations that take 5 or to 10 minutes or run through some settings that take a bit of time.  You could use the aftermarket battery for non-flight purposes.  That way you could save your fully charged and properly performing DJI batteries for flight.

Yeah, I am probably going to just return it and get a third DJI battery. The seller made it look like a genuine DJI in their ad, which is the only reason I bought it anyway. It is not the same, and for a few bucks difference not worth it.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules