Latest GCU Firmware Update Killed Ronin MX
2242 2 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reednolan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46102 ft
United States

I had just updated the lastest firmware on my M600 (1/18/17), when I read a thread saying that the ronin-MX will need an update to work with M600. I opened the gimbal assistant app version 2.4 on my IMac running sierra 10.17.2, plugged in the ronin mx via USB and clicked upgrade. There's were 2 upgrades available one for the gcu and one for the imu. The app had recognized the gimbal was connected and I clicked upgrade gcu.  Nothing happened for 10 minutes so I left the app running when I came back it said something about not have a DJI battery attached (which I did). The update never started so I clicked exit. Now my ronin mx is completely unresponsive. The battery will power on and the bind light shows red (green if I turn in ronin remote) but the motors do not engage and the assistant app will not connect to the gimbal via Bluetooth. When powered on and connected to my computer the gimbal does not show up. I've checked to make sure the battery is fully seeded and check multiple batts. I'm at loss for what to do. I had a shot tomorrow morning and I had to cancel. I'd appreciate any help.
Reed
2017-1-18
Use props
reednolan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46102 ft
United States

Problem solved. Some how the firmware stalled and would not finish the upgrade. To get the ronin MX reconnect to my computer I changed batteries and connected to computer via USB, powered on the battery, then powered on the ronin remote. The connection with the remote woke the gimbal up so that my IMac could recognize the connection. I'm still it sure why the original firmware download stopped but I'm glad everything is up and running (12 hours after update).
2017-1-19
Use props
sniblett.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 719754 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just tried to update the firmware on my Ronin MX and it never completed. The Ronin is completely bricked. Is there a way anyone knows of to get the Ronin to reconnect to the software?? Thanks
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules