Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Voltage Drop of one Battery cell. Software question
1319 9 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vonganzoben.de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Germany

Hi DJI,

i got a question regarding the Intelligent Flight Battery for the Inspire 1 for better understanding of the software.
What will happen if you fly an Inspire 1 and one cell will drop voltage in flight suddenly while all other cells are ok and the battery still got enough power.

Will the battery cut the power off?
I had a crash some weeks ago, where this happend. The cell that went broken got just 2,5 V in the final stage. When i saw this drop i started to land, but the drone cut the power off OR i killed it with the CSC Command .

2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about your crash, vonganzoben.de.
Did you get any error message from DJI GO app?
I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.  We can help to create a case for you.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support".
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2017-1-19
Use props
vonganzoben.de
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-19 02:07
Sorry to hear about your crash, vonganzoben.de.
Did you get any error message from DJI GO app?
I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.  We can help to create a case for you.

Hi Mindy,

i don´t want to open a RMA, i just wanna understand what the Inspire 1 will do, if the voltage drops that much. Can you tell me this to understand the system better and improve safety?

Thank you.
2017-1-20
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

vonganzoben.de Posted at 2017-1-20 03:42
Hi Mindy,

i don´t want to open a RMA, i just wanna understand what the Inspire 1 will do, if the voltage drops that much. Can you tell me this to understand the system better and improve safety?

hallo vonganzoben.de

If you read my past posting fall from 26 feet,  I believe my number 3 battery cell  dropped to around 2.6 volts and cut the battery off with no advance notice from the DJI App.

please review my video link.

However I send the drone and camera back to DJI and it was covered under warranty .

They Replaced My Inspire 1 V2 and replaced / Repaired my X5R.

I just ordered the Inspire 2 for the fact of having two batteries , I feel a little more confident I won't fall out the sky again.    Inspire 1 with and X5R camera is now for sale.
2017-1-20
Use props
Mario A.
lvl.1
Germany

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-1-20 07:31
hallo vonganzoben.de

If you read my past posting fall from 26 feet,  I believe my number 3 battery cell  dropped to around 2.6 volts and cut the battery off with no advance notice from the DJI App.

That sounds like much the same as my case.
It´s very stuipid from the software side, to cut out the battery for saving it. Its more important to get the drone back on earth, even if the battery is waste after this.
2017-1-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi vonganzoben,

I believe that if one cell drops to 3v it will trigger a battery shutdown. As Mario says, it seems daft that the battery will try to protect itself by causing the only thing keeping it aloft, to crash into the Earth. Sone crazt=y logic right there!

Mark G.
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I believe it's trying to prevent a battery combustion more than anything while in flight.
2017-1-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-20 16:01
I believe it's trying to prevent a battery combustion more than anything while in flight.

Wow! I'm thinking, a battery explosion mid-flight would be way more impressive than a dead bird dropping out the sky.

Yeh dude! Make it explode!

Mark G.
2017-1-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-22 04:43
Wow! I'm thinking, a battery explosion mid-flight would be way more impressive than a dead bird dropping out the sky.

Yeh dude! Make it explode!

It may be impressive to watch, frightening if the flaming bird was plummeting towards you.
2017-1-23
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-23 13:26
It may be impressive to watch, frightening if the flaming bird was plummeting towards you.

Very true Jamie.
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules