Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flysafe - good idea, bad execution
1999 5 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I had a huge real estate shoot near an Airport with my Inspire RAW and P4P yesterday, with some
really annoying issues with GEO/flysafe.

Paperwork and Communication with DJI Flysafe to fly in restricted Zones was really great, no Problems.

To fly in restricted Zone, you get some kind of file sent to your DJI Go App, you have to activate it and tap a switch
to unlock.
BUT, there the Crap starts:

It was a tight environment, Two big Buldings with a small street in between, no GPS reception.
So, it is not possible to unlock the restricted Zone instantly, due to no GPS.

App says VPS Mode, go.
As soon as you start and go up, the Drone gets GPS reception and says "Restricted Zone, Auto Landing".
It simply starts landing, and if youre not fast enough in tight environments to maneuver it to a safe spot you will simply crash the drone.
After Auto Landing, same problem. No GPS reception, so no unlock possible.

So, i had to move a long way out of the street to get GPS. Then unlock and fly or carry the drone all the way back to the place where
you wanted to take the scene.

That would be OK, if it would be needed only one Time for the given Timeframe you can ask for at DJI flysafe.
No, everytime you switch off the Drone for changing battery, the Game starts again.

Thats really annyoing, time and battery waste. I had to do it 7 Times that day.

P4P flying from indoor to outdoor, the same. Auto-Landing.
Best was, some kind of "passage" where i was flying through.
GPS reception, unlock. OK. Flying in the passage, no GPS. OK, works. Flying outside again, annoying message start popping up where
i have to accept again flying in restricted zone. OMG.

DJI, it could be so simple.
Unlock the restricted Zone for the given time ONCE and it STAYS in flight controller for the given time.
Please change that.

I will also send that to flysafe via EMail.

2017-1-19
Use props
fansc7b52934
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1796581 ft
United States

Or...they could not try to police the UAS world and let us police ourselves
2017-1-19
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansc7b52934 Posted at 2017-1-19 19:08
Or...they could not try to police the UAS world and let us police ourselves

No, im really fine with the Restricted Zones.
To many crazy , irresponsibly people out there.
Look at all the incidents that happend with Planes, Buildings, People etc.

And if you want to fly in Restricted Zones the Flysafe/GEO Department of DJI is really helpful.

It´s the technical implementation that lacks at the Moment.
I hope DJI will fix that.
2017-1-19
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

That sounds like a right pain in the ass. DJI needs to know about this, I'm sure they will do their best to sort this out.

Mark G.
2017-1-20
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Maybe they could implement a 100 foot ceiling height around airports? with a no fly zone within 1 mile? after all how many planes are below 400ft in the last mile? question for an expert???
2017-1-24
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I requested a custom unlock 2 times for a area I have a COA for . No reply email once entered.. it says a email will be sent.  Can some check my requests for nashua and concord NH?

Also if a unlock is loaded, it seams to lock me out or warning zones in other places.. it has to be unchecked.. I have seen this twice now..

Can we 107 pilots please sign a responsibility release to get our units fully unlocked?  You should know I had a new 107 pilot with me and said he is buying a autel EVOs.. no way is he dealing with this unlocking, it to easy to miss a opportunity and loose work over.
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules