Have pro+ buyers been robbed
2350 32 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chomho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20030 ft
United Kingdom

I bought the pro+  thinking it would have all the functionality of the pro with the enhancement of the nice bright screen and not having to connect up another device ,in fact apart from the bright screen it has much less to offer than the pro . At the moment I can't down load apps And can't use  GS PRO etc . If you have bought the pro+  is that it ?? will we loose out on any future apps , upgrades new software ? Come on DJI give us a clue what future developments will or won't be available in the future . As far as I can see at the moment my only option is to buy a pro rc unit so I can get full use of my pro+ but not a cheap option .
2017-1-19
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

I too am disappointed in the Pro+ and DJI. They are still not revealing either the Pro+ limitations or being specific about any plans they have to make improvements.

As Chomho said, "Come on DJI give us a clue what future developments will or won't be available in the future ."
2017-1-19
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am new to these aircraft and i bought the plus model for the bright screen and "all in one" setup, since i didnt have a dedicated ipad/tablet just for this, and i didn't want to use a mobile phone.

For my needs and use, this is exactly what i need. I would love the larger crystal sky screen, but im sure the phantom 5 will have it.. :p
2017-1-19
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

Robbed...No.  Not fully informed...Yes.  The idea of the integrated screen is GREAT, but the execution left something to be desired, for sure.  
2017-1-19
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

I'm also new to DJI with th P4P+, I think the general consesus I've noted is that people who are long-time DJI customers generally HATE the P4P+ controller because they cannot install other stuff on the RC.

People who are new to DJI, LOVE the P4P+ controller (myself included).

Just wanted to remind DJI that's it's not wise to anger your long-time customers :-) .
2017-1-19
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

gabriel.magana Posted at 2017-1-19 07:51
I'm also new to DJI with th P4P+, I think the general consesus I've noted is that people who are long-time DJI customers generally HATE the P4P+ controller because they cannot install other stuff on the RC.

People who are new to DJI, LOVE the P4P+ controller (myself included).

No consensus here.

This new DJI customer bought the Pro+ with the expectation that since DJI was in complete control of the system both stability and features would be enhanced.  Instead, they seem to have at best rushed the Pro+ to market and at worst have created an inferior alternative to the Pro and a decent tablet.

Those experienced with DJI may well have avoided those expectations.
2017-1-19
Use props
Aussie4220
Second Officer
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

i am new and bought the P4P+ right off the mark so i dont know any different.  I like the "all in one" aspect and because i am knew, i dont what other apps are, how they work and if they are better or not.  Is the difference with the other apps that much better?  I would like a bigger screen, that is for sure.
2017-1-19
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487077 ft
Italy

I'm a client since the 2 and I love the Pro+ RC, but I *absolutely* need the GCS Pro at least. And DJI showing that their integrated display solution is more stable and reliable and worth the extra budget.
2017-1-19
Use props
Fotch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161 ft
Canada

The Idea is good, execution.. not so much. I ended up buying and additional controller from dji without the screen as well. I'm sure with time they will get more functionality out of it, but I couldn't wait.
2017-1-19
Use props
Chomho
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Maybe a bit cynical but are DJI playing games ..... leave the pro+ as an inferior sistership to the pro and customers will go out and spend more money on a second controller  win win for them ?
2017-1-19
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's just typical DJI, releasing a product before its actually ready to be released. Then wait a couple months while the customers bitch and then finally release an update that should have been there from the beginning.
2017-1-19
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

I LOVE my PLUS.  I could care less about adding third party apps, dont need them don't want them.  I would be 100% happy if it didn't crash so much and DJI had a update to fix the smalls issues.  Best Phantom UI've owned yet!
2017-1-19
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

gvgeorge Posted at 2017-1-19 10:17
No consensus here.

This new DJI customer bought the Pro+ with the expectation that since DJI was in complete control of the system both stability and features would be enhanced.  Instead, they seem to have at best rushed the Pro+ to market and at worst have created an inferior alternative to the Pro and a decent tablet.

Well, "consensus" means general agreemenent. Of course there are outliers :-)

I was just trying to say what I've noticed in general.
2017-2-1
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Do your own research before parting with £1600 or £1900.
2017-2-1
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

gvgeorge Posted at 2017-1-19 10:17
No consensus here.

Careful. people will try to fight you like they work for DJI or something. It says pro, and its more limited than one of those kiddie tablets.

*But they hid it in an FAQ so thats ok*
Not.

Hardly pro+ quality when it cant even run apps they develop, much less other apps.

But in the end, its my mistake for assuming the device could meet the level of a custom rom put together by volunteers. I should make sure to dive into FAQ's as that seems to be the new place to put critical information. Because its not like you know there is a robust app community and that would be a big issue or anything.

2017-2-3
Use props
Chomho
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Why won't DJI come out and state what the future is for the pro + , I was all set to just go out and purchase a second controller but they are not available in the UK till mid Feb an expensive option and really why should I ? I must admit I like the pro+ and for me it has been really reliable with no issues .If you read through all the problems on this forum before you went out to fly ..... the pro would never get out its box !!
2017-2-3
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm coming g to believe they are never going to update this damn thing, it's going on 2 months since the last update and they obviously know that there are problems. Never going to see an updated version of GO4 I guess.
2017-2-3
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

I ended up purchasing a regular P4P remote and will sell my P4P+ controller for this same reason. It's such a shame since the screen is so bright!
2017-2-3
Use props
beat.themartis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-1-19 13:56
I LOVE my PLUS.  I could care less about adding third party apps, dont need them don't want them.  I would be 100% happy if it didn't crash so much and DJI had a update to fix the smalls issues.  Best Phantom UI've owned yet!

Based on this - yes you do need 3rd party apps. You don't know what you are missing
2017-2-3
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

beat.themartis Posted at 2017-2-3 11:54
Based on this - yes you do need 3rd party apps. You don't know what you are missing

I think Airwolf13 got a refund for his P4P+ and ordered a Mavic Pro.
2017-2-3
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I like the convenience of the integrated screen with P4pro+ which means I can be in the air faster, but that's it, everything else seems to be a negative. It might be a bit brighter, although I now realise it's not as bright as crystal sky will be, which is a disappointment. I had one of the first of these so don't tell me to do my research - there wasn't data available when I ordered this.

For me I have a real need to run the GS Pro app and I own the two latest DJI flagship products - p4 pro+ and inspire 2 SSD neither of which are supported.

So DJI Why isn't it possible for a firmware mod on the P4P pro+ to allow USB connection of iPad Pro (ideally to support GS pro, or actually any other compatible device)  to override the built in screen, I would be very surprised if the necessary hardware isn't present and this is negates the need the need to buy yet another controller.

Whilst I'm ranting has anyone at DJI come across the concept of model memories on transmitters? Everyone else in the RC world has been doing this for years I have 2 x inspire 2 controllers as well as a P4P pro + controller and currently it looks like I need to buy another (as above) surely an inspire controller should be capable of operating a P4, (not the other way round,  granted as the i2 controller is clearly a superior device to a P4 controller)

The idea of needing another transmitter every time you buy a new aircraft seems a bit 1990s to me, especially operating multiple aircraft.

OK I get it's not just a transmitter any more and new functions such as lightbridge improvements, HDMI and canbus connectors  are being added all the time, but I would like to see a 'bind and fly' phantom 4 for people with compatible transmitters - i2 for example, which on the face of it has more functionality than a P4 needs, so why not?
2017-2-3
Use props
Hawkeye6
lvl.1
United States

I'm very aggravated myself & kicking my ass for jumping on the Pro+. Its not like I have the extra cash laying around to purchase the regular P4 Pro controller, but at this point I see more of a very limited device AND paying more for it!!! I wished I would have saved the extra $300 and got 2 additional batteries instead. I feel like I'm being left out of 1/2 the game sitting on the bench waiting for my number to be called all because I UPGRADED for an integrated screen display.  I can't play all of the positions in this game.  Worse, if I backup to my Samsung S7 an android cell in order to install 3rd party apps, I still can NOT even install a  dji released piece of software which would at least help.  I'm talking about the GroundStation (GS Pro) App.  But - NO!!!  It's only for an Apple iOs device.  Wrong, wrong, wrong dji. . . . Open our world too.  We paid $300 extra only for a very limited option & those that went w/ a regular controller & an Apple device are lov'n THEIR world. Why can't it be both ways? So now I not only need another controller, but an Apple device as well to have the capabilities this was meant to be?  No!!!  Fix the issue dji, it certainly doesn't look very good for the Pro+ users.  All they'll tell you is
2017-2-3
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

Unfortunately this is true Dji style and we're the suckers who keep coming back for more.. You would think that paying more for a product would give you all the features of a cheaper product. pro + users have been left out in the cold by Dji while people that bought the regular pro ended up with more functionality. Come on Dji!!
2017-2-3
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

liningiv Posted at 2017-2-1 08:38
Do your own research before parting with £1600 or £1900.
I was at a friends place and he showed me his drone P3S and let me fly it for 5 mins. I looked at forums as well as you tube video's before buying.
There is a lot of information out there so no one should really claim they didn't know. Research, do some. Well I decided on buying the Phantom 3 Standard.
Cost me around US$480 delivered to my home. I also bought 2 spare batteries as well.

Now what options can I add to get more out of it? Quite a few.
Litchi App will allow 1080 60fps rather than standard 30fps plus way point and flying beyond range options. US$30 where I live.

ARGtek antenna / video range extender. Ranges of 2.5km have been seen. US$51.50

So for US$561.50  I now have a Phantom that is as good as a pro unit. 1600 or 1900 pounds? Not for me.  
I will use the P3S until I really know what I am doing. Mostly I need to learn how to edit video's as well as take great photos and video.
However I do not intend to be editing every video and "enhancing" everything.  
2017-2-3
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I am very happy with my + model (it actually has more functionality than the regular P4P that being hdmi out) so I won't do what I think is possible, that being hack the controller to be able to use a different device for the screen. The wires or connection points for the built in screen must be the same used for the cord to connect a 3rd party screen. So if someone wanted to get their hands dirty they could probably figure out and solder in a cord like the regular P4P has along with a switch.
2017-2-4
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Blackcrusader....but u really dont ....at all not even close
2017-2-4
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-2-4 02:04
Blackcrusader....but u really dont ....at all not even close

Good enough for me.  I thought I would use the P3S until I really have it sorted out.

Going to be flying up at 3500m on 23rd.  Will let you see how that turns out on video.
2017-2-4
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Cool ill check it out. Let me know
2017-2-4
Use props
Sparkgap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364360 ft
United States

I purchased the Pro+ as well. While I like the built-in screen, I wanted the ability to run third-party apps like GS Pro and others, mostly for the way-point functionality. I ended up buying an additional P4P RC to solve the problem. Not an inexpensive solution, but the only fix currently available.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

People need to read and I mean really read  about a product and not just glanced before buying and then start complaining.

P4P+  is designed for a niche market, professionals on the go (wires, no extra tablet or phone), working in bright daylight (none of the of the existing tablets or phone can measure up) and with HDMI already built in so you don't have to mess with rewiring and messing up your unit with after market HDMI...

Otherwise, stick with a P4, or P4P...
2017-2-5
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

I was watching some GS Pro reviews this morning and it seems that most of the reviewers recognize a lot of limitations of the app and call it "early beta" version, which probably shouldn't even be released to the public yet. Here is an example:

So, maybe we should keep some faith in DJI and let them finish their work on the app first before making it available on P4P+  ?
2017-2-5
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-2-5 09:15
People need to read and I mean really read  about a product and not just glanced before buying and then start complaining.

P4P+  is designed for a niche market, professionals on the go (wires, no extra tablet or phone), working in bright daylight (none of the of the existing tablets or phone can measure up) and with HDMI already built in so you don't have to mess with rewiring and messing up your unit with after market HDMI...

interestingly, the niche 'pro on the go' describes me exactly and why I actually swapped out my Phantom 4 to buy the P4Pro+, still doesn't justify reduced functionality IMHO eg being able to override the built in device by plugging in an iPad.

I'm still hopeful the hardware is present to do this and a firmware update may bring it in.

Nick
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nickedw Posted at 2017-2-5 14:19
interestingly, the niche 'pro on the go' describes me exactly and why I actually swapped out my Phantom 4 to buy the P4Pro+, still doesn't justify reduced functionality IMHO eg being able to override the built in device by plugging in an iPad.

I'm still hopeful the hardware is present to do this and a firmware update may bring it in.

I am with you... I bought mine the same hour the press conference was on and I got it because it had a dedicated screen, with no other 3rd party APP, so it can minimize or eliminate all the bugs with using phone or tablets.

Now if they add more apps, hey I won't complain as long as it will NOT affect the overall system.
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules