Update Firmware screen during flight?
754 5 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

Recieved my unit back from DJI which was a new unit, and not mine repaired as stated, but anyway. Charged everything up, calibrated IMU, and went to flying, after about 20 minutes of flying I changed batteries, after about 5 minutes of flight the firware update screen came up on my device.. Is this normal? I am assuming it was the different battery after everything had been updated. I would think this would have appeared immediately not in mid flight. Was able to land, and process update without fail, but still is this normal?
2017-1-19
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I dont think its a big deal. U dont have to do it until u hit the dl button. And why did u calibrate imu? Did the app tell u too?
2017-1-19
Use props
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-1-19 09:13
I dont think its a big deal. U dont have to do it until u hit the dl button. And why did u calibrate imu? Did the app tell u too?

Yes after activating unit and updating firmware. When I went out to fly it asked me to calibrate IMU.
2017-1-19
Use props
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-19 09:17
Normally it asks for a battery to be update when you plug it in to the bird.  Is it possible you gained wireless to your device 5 mins into the flight and that's when it triggered?

Well I had video the entire time up to it appearing.
2017-1-19
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-19 09:36
I was thinking sudden internet access vs. the signal to the bird.  Just a thought, I'm probably off base.

The battery should have updated when you put it into the drone. I always do an IMU and compass calibration when I upgrade. Just me. Most of the time I will also re-link too. I guess it is one of those things that is kind of a ritual with me. And quite honestly it doesn't take that much time to do. I enjoy flying my Phantom and want to do everything I can to protect my investment and have fun with it. I know some will for sure say it is not necessary but it gives me comport to think all is linked up and calibrated, and as good as it can get. I don't however calibrate the compass every time I fly. Not to get off subject, but there are those who do say to do that, but I have found if you get a good compass, don't mess with it unless you travel out of your area or it tells you to. My point is I try to make sure all is good after I upgrade the firmware. That's it.

Could have been the lose of the internet connection too for that message to re-appear. There have been some similar issues in the past with the message showing up after the upgrade took place. Maybe try re-booting your mobile device or even removing the app and re-installing it if it continues. Good luck.
2017-1-19
Use props
Quadcopter Land
lvl.1

United States

That is normal, the app will pick up when a firmware update for battery is needed.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules