Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Formal Request To Return A3 for Refund or Exchange
1930 16 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having now endured the A3 for 8 months I have now come to the conclusion that it is not fit for purpose and probably never will be. It was purchased on the understanding that the F port functionallity was '' COMING SOON''. Eight months later this is still not the case and I believe the product and it's promised functionality has been misrepresented by DJI since launch.My request is simple: Either a full refund or an exchange for the  A2 + iOSD Mark II + 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink which served me without drama before I invested in the A3.
Quite frankly I am disgusted at the treatment DJI gives it's customers and the support is diabolical!
I have been on an emotional roller coaster for eight months over this products reliability and functionality and have come to the conclusion that DJI have no commercial concience or consideration for the embassasment they cause us in front of clients when we can't get video feed or some other unexplained issue raises its head.
Well I can longer no longer endure the uncertainty of this product and it's future.

If someone could tell me how I get an RMA number for exchange or refund, I would be eternally grateful.

DJI forum moderators, this is not a reflection on you guys as I now realise you are fed the same fodder as the customers and you do everything you can to help.

2017-1-19
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

The best way to get this done is to contact a mediator.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I do understand the frustration that came with the A3 being partially online, sort of speak, when it came to the functions that it could do. The answer for the F-channel customization has been made available, and yes, the final solution to that was to add additional hardware along with firmware updates. I did provide my two cents on that in your other thread regarding this matter. The A2 and Wookong rigs had some issues as well at some point in their existence, but they also got worked through. Interfaces in general have changed drastically over time and have come with their share of challenges. It has, and will be continued to be worked on to give you what was expected of its price tag.

In all honesty, I do not foresee a refund given how long you have had these components. Exchanges are always for like products and thus replacing it with an A2 set up instead of components instead of the A3 would not be possible. If your A3 had physical issues, it can be replaced with another A3 and so on. If you got any of your items from the DJI Website, the Online Sales team is the only group that may have the power to do so, but they are upheld to DJI's online refund and exchange policies.

It would be unfortunate if you absolutely no longer wanted to have the A3, but if so, the only way to do that at this point realistically is through the private seller market.
2017-1-19
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello SkySight. I know there are plenty of issues with A3 and even worse the limited use with it and the new GS Pro app. But can you tell me what specific issues your having and what your using your system for? I am considering replacing my A2 with the A3 in hopes they get these issues figured out sooner or later. Waiting 8 months is excessive for any product to mature and have final feature sets available. Best of luck to you.
2017-1-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-19 14:00
I do understand the frustration that came with the A3 being partially online, sort of speak, when it came to the functions that it could do. The answer for the F-channel customization has been made available, and yes, the final solution to that was to add additional hardware along with firmware updates. I did provide my two cents on that in your other thread regarding this matter. The A2 and Wookong rigs had some issues as well at some point in their existence, but they also got worked through. Interfaces in general have changed drastically over time and have come with their share of challenges. It has, and will be continued to be worked on to give you what was expected of its price tag.

In all honesty, I do not foresee a refund given how long you have had these components. Exchanges are always for like products and thus replacing it with an A2 set up instead of components instead of the A3 would not be possible. If your A3 had physical issues, it can be replaced with another A3 and so on. If you got any of your items from the DJI Website, the Online Sales team is the only group that may have the power to do so, but they are upheld to DJI's online refund and exchange policies.

Hi Jamie,

With respect, I think you are missing the point? The fact is, no A3 owner has  got what they paid for so very clearly this product has been  miss sold to every customer.
You are now saying It cannot be returned  for a refund because. of the length of time I have had it? I have only had it eight months because I beleived DJI when they said a solution was 'coming shortly'. If I was aware of this at the time I bought it, I never would have. It would appear that what you are saying is: despite the fact that you have been miss sold a product, been very patient for eight months, believed in the promises that were made, put up with all the grief, I now have to pay to upgrade it to get what was originally part of the deal.
Under consumer law, every A3 owner, at the very least, has a legal right to return this product as it is not fit for the purpose.
Could you please supply us the details of the DJI legal department as this would appear to be the only way forward?
2017-1-19
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneMapperGuy Posted at 2017-1-19 14:56
Hello SkySight. I know there are plenty of issues with A3 and even worse the limited use with it and the new GS Pro app. But can you tell me what specific issues your having and what your using your system for? I am considering replacing my A2 with the A3 in hopes they get these issues figured out sooner or later. Waiting 8 months is excessive for any product to mature and have final feature sets available. Best of luck to you.

I guess it depends on what you are using it for and with?  With the latest firmware, as a Flight controller it works well with LB2 but is no good for a bespoke system. I have Z15/GH4 with limited functionality compared with the DJI cameras such as X3 and X5. With lightbridge 2 there is no way to use the F ports, even after the endless promises that have been made.
If you are going to use an X3 or X5 Camera with Lightbridge 2 I would say go with it. But if you need extra functionality I would steer clear and keep your A2. I had everything I needed with A2 but A3 has been a trauma to say the least.  
2017-1-22
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

I too would like to return my A3 Pro. Should we attempt a class action lawsuit?
2017-1-22
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thomasakira Posted at 2017-1-22 12:57
I too would like to return my A3 Pro. Should we attempt a class action lawsuit?

What problems are you experiencing?
2017-1-23
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

it jacks your gain settings up on its own, the csc commands don't work to shutdown, it shows errors in the imus requiring repatching or resetting frequently...braking gains can't be set low enough...no IOC for non lightbridge platforms... idles obscenely high....low voltage protection is wonky...fc calibration skips steps sometimes within assistant 2... DJI DOES NOT OFFER SUPPORT
2017-1-23
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the problem with this FC is that DJI are trying to spread it's use between their own M600 and then all the other possible derivatives of other platforms and it just doesn't work. The M600 should support its own FC like the Inspire and Phantom The A3 can then be limited and developed for those of us who wish to build a more bespoke system. The number of firmware options and problems with Assistant 2 says they are having difficulty with a 'one size fits all' approach to the A3.
I agree that DJI do not offer support or guidance and introduce new initiatives with very little information and it is very much up to the individual to make sense of it all and bear the misfortune of having to iron out the inevitable series of bugs which are inherant in every update or fix. The problem is they don't care about the customer experience, without serious competion, they don't have to. They can therefor carry on misleading and misrepresenting their products to the consumers until someone steps in to stop them. It happened to Volkswagen.
The irony is that we have to put a very detailed operational safety case to the CAA to get our PfCO and I guess you have to do similar for the FAA? This is fine when the products work and do as they say, but very difficult when the product is unpredictable. Perhaps the CAA and FAA should be invited onto this forum?
2017-1-23
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-1-23 07:04
I think the problem with this FC is that DJI are trying to spread it's use between their own M600 and then all the other possible derivatives of other platforms and it just doesn't work. The M600 should support its own FC like the Inspire and Phantom The A3 can then be limited and developed for those of us who wish to build a more bespoke system. The number of firmware options and problems with Assistant 2 says they are having difficulty with a 'one size fits all' approach to the A3.
I agree that DJI do not offer support or guidance and introduce new initiatives with very little information and it is very much up to the individual to make sense of it all and bear the misfortune of having to iron out the inevitable series of bugs which are inherant in every update or fix. The problem is they don't care about the customer experience, without serious competion, they don't have to. They can therefor carry on misleading and misrepresenting their products to the consumers until someone steps in to stop them. It happened to Volkswagen.
The irony is that we have to put a very detailed operational safety case to the CAA to get our PfCO and I guess you have to do similar for the FAA? This is fine when the products work and do as they say, but very difficult when the product is unpredictable. Perhaps the CAA and FAA should be invited onto this forum?

Oh no man, you still working on this M600?  I went ahead and worked with Paypal to sort it out.   I'm actually surprised you didn't get banned for your very candid and accurate response here.   It's frustrating as hell.  Good luck man,  I fell your pain bro.
2017-2-22
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-2-22 09:37
Oh no man, you still working on this M600?  I went ahead and worked with Paypal to sort it out.   I'm actually surprised you didn't get banned for your very candid and accurate response here.   It's frustrating as hell.  Good luck man,  I fell your pain bro.

Thanks for that, just telling how it is.
2017-2-22
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-2-22 09:37

2017-2-22
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-2-22 23:29

@Skysight, have you had any luck with your M600 as a whole?  I would love to hear if you have had  ANY success with it?  Have you got it flying to where it is at least usable?   What is the best way to integrate it with your Zenmuse - Z15-Gh4?
2017-3-1
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-3-1 00:09
@Skysight, have you had any luck with your M600 as a whole?  I would love to hear if you have had  ANY success with it?  Have you got it flying to where it is at least usable?   What is the best way to integrate it with your Zenmuse - Z15-Gh4?

I'm back on the S1000/A3/LB2/GH4 as it delivers a better result. GH4 integration is limited in that you can only get video feed, shutter operation, gimbal presets in Go App and pan or tilt (not both) using the C1 button. I use a slave controller for full gimbal control which is not ideal for a single operator.
I don't think there is an app available that will give you any control over camera settings.
I either use it in manual mode if the light is consistent, or shutter priority with 400 ISO if the light is changeable. I generally set the shutter speed at double the frame rate and use an ND4 filter to keep the aperture  somewhere in the middle range. The M600 is history.
2017-3-1
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-3-1 07:07
I'm back on the S1000/A3/LB2/GH4 as it delivers a better result. GH4 integration is limited in that you can only get video feed, shutter operation, gimbal presets in Go App and pan or tilt (not both) using the C1 button. I use a slave controller for full gimbal control which is not ideal for a single operator.
I don't think there is an app available that will give you any control over camera settings.
I either use it in manual mode if the light is consistent, or shutter priority with 400 ISO if the light is changeable. I generally set the shutter speed at double the frame rate and use an ND4 filter to keep the aperture  somewhere in the middle range. The M600 is history.

Solutions to remote control GH4 and other cameras: CAMremote / gentWire / Intelli-G + PulseKraft.
2017-3-1
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-3-1 07:07

That's horrible to hear.  That was such a terrible experience all around with DJI.  Can't believe how much money I lost on that only to get such poor results.  
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules