Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI A3 ISSUES - HEAVY LIFTER X8 - Voltage Drop
1671 6 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CINEMACOPTER
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Hi Guys, We've been struggling with the new A3. After doing some flight tests, we have huge voltage drops after 3 minute flights. Another weird thing is that when we start the copter, the motors dont start at the same time, it starts 1 per 1 and to have all motors running it takes like 8-10 seconds to be ready for take off.

We send the A3 to DJI for inspection. We thought we will receive a new unit, and unfortunately we got the same unit.

Any suggestions?

We need to solve this ASAP.

Regards

Marco  - Cinemacopter
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Do you happen to have the RMA number from that evaluation?
2017-1-19
Use props
fans8a0cc616
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197831 ft
United States

I run an A2 on an X8 Heavy lift for over a year and it has always started the motors at different times. However not 8-10 seconds apart, more like 4-6 seconds. I believe this is the way the new A3 is set up and is normal. Im basing this off of my A3 on my M600 as it takes about 10 seconds for all 6 motors to get up to speed. I think its just the way its programed. Hope that helps.
2017-1-19
Use props
CINEMACOPTER
lvl.1
Costa Rica

The RMA number is CAS-374671-S1H7H3
2017-1-20
Use props
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Since the latest update the motors do start individually. As far as the voltage drop is concerned I don't believe the voltage indicator is right as I get the same thing. I set the warnings as low as possible and even when critical voltage makes the craft land it still shows 3.8 volts per cell on a voltmeter. I can charge my batteries to 25.2 volts and it will only show 24.6 in the go app. I guess this is to build in an element of safety?
2017-1-20
Use props
CINEMACOPTER
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Hello everybody. Today we did a new test switching to a wookong flight controller and our X8 worked flawless. Its a shame that the new A3 controller that we receive back from support its defective. I want to recommend everybody to think twice before switching to the new A3 for a professional rig.  I want to see what DJI would do after I have all the videos that proof its not performing well.

DJI I NEED A REPLACEMENT UNIT. This is not fair at all.!

Marco
2017-1-20
Use props
AIH
lvl.1

United States

Hello guys

I'm having the same Issue batt voltage drops super fast
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now