Drone travel to Jordan
10469 9 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

Anyone knows if I will  be allowed to bring my drone into Jordan for personal use? I tried looking at the other threads but only saw guidelines for UAE and Dubai. Also looked online but nothing very definite even on government websites.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably best to contact someone from the government websites you are looking at.And also contact the airline you are travelling with to see what their rules are.
2017-1-19
Use props
ICHI9389
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173930 ft
Italy

Officially you should need a permission from Jordan civil aviation

I travelled there last NYE and I decided not to bring it with me, but other people I met flew theirs without issues in the desert/Petra
2017-1-19
Use props
Aimma89
New
Italy

May I bring my Mavic PRo on Airplane? I will fly with Royal Jordanian.
I would like to know if there are controls at Amman Airport.
Mavic pro is too small.
Probably if it's ok, I will think to fly only in a desert place of Wudi RUM.
2017-5-24
Use props
J234
New
United States

I went to Jordan in March.  Visited the embassy in London to get permission but they kept claiming it was now illegal to bring a drone into the country.  Didn't take it in the end, but wish I had it for shots of the Dead Sea and Wadi Rum.
2017-5-24
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

I did end up bringing my drone into Jordan not knowing alot of these rules. It was with me with the batteries package separately and nobody said anything when it went through the scanner. I didn't fly it in Amman due to obvious security reasons but I did get some cool shots in Wadi Rum.

In general middle east is a bad place for drones because of what ISIS is doing with drones. Alot of countries would not allow you to fly it and if you get caught the repercussions run the gamut. At least for Jordan you would be questioned by the Intelligence Agency. I left my drone in Frankfurt for long term storage as I traveled to Egypt. It is even more restrictive in Egypt and they do check your bags. My tour guide in Egypt told me that his previous customer got his drone confiscated in Cairo and it was never returned.
2017-5-24
Use props
waynestiles
lvl.1
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2017-5-24 09:20
I did end up bringing my drone into Jordan not knowing alot of these rules. It was with me with the batteries package separately and nobody said anything when it went through the scanner. I didn't fly it in Amman due to obvious security reasons but I did get some cool shots in Wadi Rum.

In general middle east is a bad place for drones because of what ISIS is doing with drones. Alot of countries would not allow you to fly it and if you get caught the repercussions run the gamut. At least for Jordan you would be questioned by the Intelligence Agency. I left my drone in Frankfurt for long term storage as I traveled to Egypt. It is even more restrictive in Egypt and they do check your bags. My tour guide in Egypt told me that his previous customer got his drone confiscated in Cairo and it was never returned.

I'm hoping to take my Mavic to Jordan next month, and I'm curious how the process went for you to get through customs. Thanks for any advice you can share.
2017-9-12
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

waynestiles Posted at 2017-9-12 03:31
I'm hoping to take my Mavic to Jordan next month, and I'm curious how the process went for you to get through customs. Thanks for any advice you can share.

Sorry for the late reply. Just got back from Iceland

Like I said I didn't know it was not allowed in Jordan. Customs did not check me but if they did they would have seized it. Whether they would return it to you on the way out I am not sure. But in general you cannot fly anywhere but remote areas. Definitely not in populated areas in Amman where drone footages of the palace will earn you a visit form the intelligence agencies. You can feign ignorance and bring it in and say you didn't know. But if you do make sure you do not fly in Amman and only in Wadi Rum.

For Egypt don't even try. My guide had a client who did it and was delayed in the airport because the intelligence services interviewed him.

Another place you cannot bring drones that I know of is Bahamas. They will seize it once they see it.

2017-10-11
Use props
Dron-e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3542379 ft
  • >>>
Italy

you can download the form to fill out from here https://www.carc.jo/en/drones
2018-3-6
Use props
fansda2d93d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216965 ft
Thailand

waynestiles Posted at 2017-9-12 03:31

Did you finally be able to take your drone to Jordan?
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules