Chinese New Year
4272 11 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Does anyone know if the factories shut down for the Chinese New Year celebration? It's from January 28th - February 15th. If they do, it will delay the Mavic for another 2 weeks.
2017-1-19
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Did you go to work on new year's day?
If not, then most likely the same.
2017-1-19
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

cluc Posted at 2017-1-19 14:47
Did you go to work on new year's day?
If not, then most likely the same.

The factories in our state only shut down for Christmas. I'm in the U.S. The Chinese New Year is a 18 day celebration. That's why I wonder.
2017-1-19
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

Factories definitely close but your dates are wrong. It's Jan 22 to Feb 4th
2017-1-19
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

whats that?  do yo mean the Lunar Year is it?
2017-1-19
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

Yes, Lunar new year. It's pretty much the only holidays of the year so doubt DJI would stay open.
2017-1-19
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Mindy said that the DJI factories only shut down for three days.

Don't trust everything you see on the internet. I live in China, and the country does not shut down for two weeks. Maybe a week, but even then the bigger stores and companies are still open.

New Year's is not the only holiday of the year. There's a Labor day and an Autumn festival too. They don't have as many holidays as the US, but they have several throughout the year.
2017-1-19
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Chinese new Year holidays are officially 27th January to 2nd February. To compensate for the days off, the 22nd and the 4th are working days.  
Many companies are closed for longer periods, but not those that are busy. Some even work through the holidays, although it's very difficult to keep workers here, because basically everybody wants to travel to their hometown during that time.
I would bet my Mavic, that DJI will not close down any more than the official days off, but for sure they will work with reduced capacity in the week before and after, because staff will take leave.

Source: I work in China, the location in my profile is wrong.
2017-1-20
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

JulianX4 Posted at 2017-1-20 01:32
Chinese new Year holidays are officially 27th January to 2nd February. To compensate for the days off, the 22nd and the 4th are working days.  
Many companies are closed for longer periods, but not those that are busy. Some even work through the holidays, although it's very difficult to keep workers here, because basically everybody wants to travel to their hometown during that time.
I would bet my Mavic, that DJI will not close down any more than the official days off, but for sure they will work with reduced capacity in the week before and after, because staff will take leave.

Thanks Julian, that's an answer I was looking for.
2017-1-20
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

If I had to guess, i would say yes
2017-1-20
Use props
mp337
New
United States

DJI will be closed.