123Next >
189368 88 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomfrmnh9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12464 ft
United States

Is there a reset procedure for the -C controller?  Long and short of it was trying to upgrade firmware and it was interrupted. Now I am unable to power on the controller. Push the power button and nothing. Connect charger and nothing (batt was at 96% prior to start of process). If I connect through the Go App it says firmware upgrade required (it does not recognize current version) it will download the firmware and upgrade will start but stop at 2%. Tried uninstalling app and reinstalling and re-downloading update (ver 1.8). Tired doing downgrade to 1.6 or 1.5.? And it fails. Downloaded Assistant 2 (Mac) and it doesn't recognize the controller (actually not to sure about the assistant program need a mac tutorial).   Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance

Tom
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What mobile device you're using to upgrade it?
Please turn off remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote, you will see the light blue led, then run the APP and try to upgrade it again.
2017-1-20
Use props
tomfrmnh9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12464 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-20 01:09
Please turn off remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote, you will see the light blue led, then run the APP and try to upgrade it again.

Hello Natalia

Using the latest iOS ver 3.1.2 .  Just downloaded it the other day. I have tried the four button reset with no luck.

Tom
2017-1-20
Use props
Stevenw2032
lvl.1

United States

C1 + C2 + Camera setting wheel press + Shutter button above settings wheel all at the same time and it will power on. You do not need to press the power button for this.   It took me a few tries to get it to power on. After powering on retry the update on dji go app
2017-1-21
Use props
Stevenw2032
lvl.1

United States

Mine did the same thing right out of the box yesterday. I was worried it was wasted $$$$
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tom, may I know have you made it?
If still nothing happens when you try the methods mentioned, it needs to be evaluated by our engineers.
You can get it checked in local repair centers which maybe more convenient: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
If they cannot fix it, then please submit here for a case number and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-1-22
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Stevenw2032 Posted at 2017-1-21 18:31
C1 + C2 + Camera setting wheel press + Shutter button above settings wheel all at the same time and it will power on. You do not need to press the power button for this.   It took me a few tries to get it to power on. After powering on retry the update on dji go app

I was wondering how one would press the power button while pressing the other button.   With one's nose?
2017-1-22
Use props
TUFKUKI
New
Singapore

How can I press the how Carmela setting wheel together with those buttons
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

TUFKUKI Posted at 2017-5-5 08:39
How can I press the how Carmela setting wheel together with those buttons

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question, can you please rephrase it?
2017-5-5
Use props
TUFKUKI
New
Singapore

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-5 13:46
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question, can you please rephrase it?

sry i meant how can i press camera setting wheel. isn't that just a wheel?
2017-5-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TUFKUKI Posted at 2017-5-5 20:55

It's a 'click' wheel, a bit like the wheel on a computer mouse. Try pushing it gently.
It is normally used as a shortcut to switch between ISO & Shutter speed manual camera settings when in flight.

Note:- You do not need to push the camera settings wheel to reset controller.

See next post:-

2017-5-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TUFKUKI Posted at 2017-5-5 20:55

Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend manually relinking the RC by performing the following;

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-5-5
Use props
TUFKUKI
New
Singapore

thanks btw, i manage to change the controller from the dealer and did the linking for new RC to my drone.
2017-5-6
Use props
fans8a257cd2
New
Flight distance : 22431 ft

United Kingdom

i have same issue.   new p3a,   updated now no power on controller.   tried reset,   nothing
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

TUFKUKI Posted at 2017-5-6 08:17
thanks btw, i manage to change the controller from the dealer and did the linking for new RC to my drone.

Good to hear you were able to get it sorted.
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans8a257cd2 Posted at 2017-5-6 09:46
i have same issue.   new p3a,   updated now no power on controller.   tried reset,   nothing

Just to clarify, will it not turn on at all, or just not charge.
2017-5-6
Use props
fanscbd0fffb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, my mavic controller wont reset to factory settings just says reset failed in the dji assistant 2 program on windows pc. Tried to reset in the ways mentioned above and no joy. Does anyone have any fixes for this, a demo video of someone succesfully doing it and explaining the process would be very helpful! Any thoughts would be great.
2017-6-5
Use props
Jerrymoran
New
Flight distance : 239754 ft
Panama

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-5 23:40
Try to reset the RC:

Thank you very much .... it worked for me!
2017-7-7
Use props
Rinyvdp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19665 ft
Netherlands

you must bind again with the drone. Then it works again.
2017-7-7
Use props
George Kellogg
New
Flight distance : 1084560 ft
United States

Rinyvdp Posted at 2017-7-7 08:08
you must bind again with the drone. Then it works again.

If it is a help to anyone in this process there is a DJI tutorial for the Phantom that shows a easy way to relink the controller and copter.  See their product support and tutorial section.
2017-7-7
Use props
Cliffrose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8104 ft
Thailand

DJI is on its third version of controller, 103A, 103B & 103C (the latest). Each one has its quirky characteristics, and the manual only glosses over generalities. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That why many "well-meaning" posters present fixes that work for some but not for others. The same goes for the DJI reps in here; they make sporadic suggestions, and then disappear. DJI is a very young company experiencing growing pains, and the cracks are showing, leaving many loyal users confused and angry.
2017-7-11
Use props
Cliffrose
lvl.1
Thailand

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-5 23:40
Try to reset the RC:

Thanks Aardvark for your correct pairing procedure. I slaved over two days trying to link the RC to the AC. I now have limited flight control, albeit minus the DJI Go app which refuses to link to the controller itself. My P3P is only one month old, and became disconnected during the most recent firmware update. All research up to now seems to point to a flawed USB module on the RC, although it was working fine prior to the update. Here in Thailand, the only DJI repair center is in Bangkok, which is an eight hour drive away. If you have any tips to assist linking the disconnected DJI Go app, I would much appreciate it. Thanks!
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cliffrose Posted at 2017-7-13 11:07
Thanks Aardvark for your correct pairing procedure. I slaved over two days trying to link the RC to the AC. I now have limited flight control, albeit minus the DJI Go app which refuses to link to the controller itself. My P3P is only one month old, and became disconnected during the most recent firmware update. All research up to now seems to point to a flawed USB module on the RC, although it was working fine prior to the update. Here in Thailand, the only DJI repair center is in Bangkok, which is an eight hour drive away. If you have any tips to assist linking the disconnected DJI Go app, I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

Which display device are you using ?

Does the RC have an HDMI module fitted ?

I have the P4 myself now, but there may be a few things to try on your P3P.
2017-7-13
Use props
Cliffrose
lvl.1
Thailand

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-13 12:13
Which display device are you using ?

Does the RC have an HDMI module fitted ?

I'm using either a LG G5 or an Acer Iconia Tab 8. Both connected well before the recent updates, although they did have some intermittent signal drops. So, what I have now is a working AC getting gimbal response, motors, a working camera (photo & video) and a RC that controls all functions except it is chronically disconnected. So, I can't fault the aircraft, part of the controller or DJI Go, which to me anyway, points to a break between the RC and my display, and that can only be the physical USB link (I wish they'd use Bluetooth). The RC is the most recent edition GL 300C, without HDMI. There's a great YouTube video of an Inspire owner replacing his USB module, and his problem is identical to the disconnect issues here. Once he replaced it, it cleared the disconnect fault. He analysed the defective USB module, and discovered that DJI used a very cheaply made port, which could merely point to a supply chain problem that has since been rectified, but has left a lot of disgruntled users in a lurch.

Thanks for your reply...

https://youtu.be/KIo03DJapaI
2017-7-14
Use props
PeterHavenga
New
Netherlands

After failed update my controller does not work anymore . Turning it on I see 4 white and a blue light. Trying to update  with my samsung S7  no succes . Can I reset my controller. My aircraft is not working either . Only 2 yellow lights flashing and no contact. What to do.
2017-8-12
Use props
jeffwilson.ok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99708 ft
United States

I've had problems as well after updating the RC and AC firmware. When I log in to the app it asks me to connect my RC to the AC. I've tried resetting the RC multiple times to no avail. I'm able to control the movement of the camera from my RC. But, I'm not able to enter into the camera mode of the DJI Go app.

Please help! Everything was working fine, except no maps, before this upgrade. I've even done the support chat with DJI.

Thanks!
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jeffwilson.ok Posted at 2017-8-19 06:03
I've had problems as well after updating the RC and AC firmware. When I log in to the app it asks me to connect my RC to the AC. I've tried resetting the RC multiple times to no avail. I'm able to control the movement of the camera from my RC. But, I'm not able to enter into the camera mode of the DJI Go app.

Please help! Everything was working fine, except no maps, before this upgrade. I've even done the support chat with DJI.

Please help me confirm your aircraft model firstly, and make sure you upgraded both AC and RC successfully.
What mobile device you use to connect the remote?
The LED on RC is solid green, right?
Please try to re-link AC and RC then check again, press C1+C2+Recording button at the same time, you will hear “D-DD”, then press the camera settings dial, then press the link button on aircraft with a pin or something like that. The LED on remote will be solid green if they link to each other successfully.
2017-8-19
Use props
jeffwilson.ok
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-19 18:19
Please help me confirm your aircraft model firstly, and make sure you upgraded both AC and RC successfully.

I have a P3P.
I was able to successfully upgrade the AC. The update failed on the RC and I cannot get it to let me do the update again.
I have an iPad mini.
The LED is flashing green.
2017-8-20
Use props
jeffwilson.ok
lvl.1
United States

P3P.
I've tried to upgrade the RC. It failed during the install. I've successfully installed the FM to the AC. When I try and connect the device to the RC its says I don't have any firmware installed. I haven't been able to reinstall the FM onto the RC. Any tips?
I'm using an iPad mini for the device.
LED on RC is blinking green.
2017-8-20
Use props
jeffwilson.ok
lvl.1
United States

I've reset the RC to the AC multiple times. I can control the camera movement up and down and start the motors. But, I'm still unable to connect the RC to the device.
2017-8-20
Use props
pmpstyles
lvl.1
United States

Same thing happened to me.  So hard to find answers on this stuff.  I have not found a solution.  
during a firmware update on the controller, it stopped beeping, so i thought it was done.  I had read to power down after an update, so I did and it will not work now.  I can push the power button and it comes right on without doing the push then push hold power button.  there is 4 white lights and the status light is green with a hint of red.  i can connect to the app and it recognizes that it is there, but it says i need to do an update but fails when it tries to install.  It does not allow me to connect to the drone.  it does not beep when pushing all the link buttons.  i wish there was some sort of reset feature for the app or a way to downgrade in the app.  it really sucks that this stuff is so fickle.

2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jeffwilson.ok Posted at 2017-8-20 19:03
I've reset the RC to the AC multiple times. I can control the camera movement up and down and start the motors. But, I'm still unable to connect the RC to the device.

Just to verify, you tried to methods below, right?
Firstly, power off the remote, press C1+C2+Recording button+Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote, run dji go and check whether it asks you to upgrade the RC.
You can also try different USB cables or mobile device to connect the remote, if nothing improves, then it needs to be sent in for repair.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

pmpstyles Posted at 2017-8-21 21:54
Same thing happened to me.  So hard to find answers on this stuff.  I have not found a solution.  
during a firmware update on the controller, it stopped beeping, so i thought it was done.  I had read to power down after an update, so I did and it will not work now.  I can push the power button and it comes right on without doing the push then push hold power button.  there is 4 white lights and the status light is green with a hint of red.  i can connect to the app and it recognizes that it is there, but it says i need to do an update but fails when it tries to install.  It does not allow me to connect to the drone.  it does not beep when pushing all the link buttons.  i wish there was some sort of reset feature for the app or a way to downgrade in the app.  it really sucks that this stuff is so fickle.

Did you try to reset the remote? Press C1+C2_Shutter button at the same time, power it off then on.
Then you can try what I mentioned above to check whether it asks you to upgrade the remote again, if yes, please upgrade it again.
Besides, please try to press C1+C2+Recording button at the same time, you will hear “D-DD”, then press the camera settings dial, then press the link button on aircraft with a pin or something like that. The LED on remote will be solid green if they link to each other successfully.
2017-8-21
Use props
pmpstyles
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-21 22:27
Did you try to reset the remote? Press C1+C2_Shutter button at the same time, power it off then on.
Then you can try what I mentioned above to check whether it asks you to upgrade the remote again, if yes, please upgrade it again.
Besides, please try to press C1+C2+Recording button at the same time, you will hear “D-DD”, then press the camera settings dial, then press the link button on aircraft with a pin or something like that. The LED on remote will be solid green if they link to each other successfully.

I think that did it.  I am not sure how it worked, maybe you can clarify.  While the unit was turned on, I held C1+C2+Shutter then turned it off. then back on.  I may have turned it off an on a couple times, but then plugged in the phone and it shows that it is updating this time. Thank you.  I should mention that I had also opened the case and disconnected the battery just a bit ago.  this allowed me to turn on the unit with the push, push hold power method as opposed to my previous post.  disconnecting the battery did not allow for me to do the update though, just to clarify.
2017-8-21
Use props
djiuser_aMVAIAi
New

Gabon

Hello everyone,
I am Ulrich and I have a Phantom 3 advanced drone and until then all worked properly.
I made the update of the set and the radio command ver the version "P3S_FW_V01.10.0090" and then nothing works.
The radio control no longer connects to the device and the application Dji Go on my android, I tried to upgrade to the latest version "P3S_FW_V01.11.0020", the device is updated but still Not the radio control, indeed during the update of the radio control the light was flashing "red / green" for more than an hour, I had to interrupt the process and I tried to redo the update without success.
Currently, when I turn it on, there are the rear lights of the camera flashing yellow and at the front the lights are fixed red and the small light above the camera also blinks red.
On the radio the LED flashes rapidly red / green.
Can anyone help me please for months and I have no solution, would it be possible to reset the radio control without the software Dji go because I it no longer works even after Having it re-installed and updated.
Thank you in advance and many things to you.
2017-8-24
Use props
djiuser_aMVAIAi
New

Gabon

Bonjour à tous,
Je suis Ulrich et je possède un drone Phantom 3 advanced et jusque-là tous fonctionnaient correctement.
J’ai fait la mise à jour de l’appareille et la radio commande ver la version « P3S_FW_V01.10.0090 » et ensuite plus rien ne marche.
La radio commande ne se connecte plus à l’appareille et à l’application Dji Go sur mon android, j’ai essayé de passer à la dernière version « P3S_FW_V01.11.0020 », l’appareil c’est bien mis à jour mais toujours pas la radio commande, en effet pendant la mise à jour de la radio commande le voyant clignotait rapidement « rouge/vert » pendant plus d’une heure, j’ai dû interrompre le processus et j’ai essayé de refaire la mise à jour sans succès.
Actuellement, quand j’allume le tout, il y a les voyant arrière de l’appareil clignote en jaune et à l’avant les lumières sont rouges fixes et la petite lumière au-dessus de l’appareil photo aussi clignote en rouge.
Sur la radio commande le voyant clignote rapidement en rouge/vert.
Quelqu’un peut-il m’aider s’il vous plait ça fait des mois que cherche et je n’ai aucune solution, serait-il possible de réinitialiser la radio commande sans le logiciel Dji go car je il ne fonctionne plus même après l’avoir réinstallation et mise à jour.
Merci d’avance et bien des choses à vous.
2017-8-24
Use props
fansb9972bfd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7146 ft
Switzerland

Hello, it seems I got into a similar situation without interrupting firmware update, just by logging off from my user account on GL300E controller of Phantom 4 Pro. Now it only shows me the sign in screen while signing in fails reporting that network is not available - I suppose the Wi-Fi settings were lost as well. Thus, I cannot sign in due to missing internet connection and I cannot fix the connection since I can only see the sign in prompt. Resetting the controller to its factory state could be an option, even if not the most desired one. I tried the mentioned combination with my controller with no success - it booted normally, showing the same sign in screen. Is there a way to reset a  GL300E controller unit to its factory state? Are there any suggestions about getting out of the described deadlock using some other approach?
Thank you in advance
2017-9-6
Use props
Meyertron
lvl.2
Chile

Hey tom!! this is the solution,
2017-9-11
Use props
Meyertron
lvl.2
Chile

Hey Tom this is the solution, thanks to the support they have asked me to do this:
- Press and hold the C1 button and the shutter, then press the ignition button
- Repeat this step a second time - When the status LED on the remote control will blink white, install your device (smartphone or compatible tablet) on the remote control, and then update the firmware of the radio control again
- After the update is complete, restart the radio control. If the charge level of the battery is insufficient, we advise you to charge it beforehand. Be sure to disconnect the radio control as soon as it is fully charged
2017-9-11
Use props
djiuser_7SJCSSv
Banned

Vietnam

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules