Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant software not installing on OSX
8807 12 2017-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1297f8a2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128907 ft
United States

Hi i downloaded the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 1.0.9 from DJI's site directly.

I'm on the newest Macbook Pro 15" w/touchbar running OSX Sierra 10.12.2
I click to install the software, and it appears to install.  It also asks me to install HORNDIS. That installs correctly. I restart.

Nothing is found.  The software is not found in my applications folder.  I restart.  Re-download the file,  reinstall, restart.  nothing.

DJI.  Please help me figure this out! Thank you.
2017-1-19
Use props
phil_r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65190 ft
Australia

Just wondering you are looking for an application with the word 'DJI' in it. On my machine it is just called 'Assistant'. You can always view your application folder by date and sort on that to see where it is.
2017-1-19
Use props
Blucenturion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 362995 ft
United States

Look in Launchpad, mine turned up there.
2017-1-20
Use props
MAHD
lvl.1

Spain

Hello!  I had the same problem. Check if you are running a BETA OS. I am only able to find DJI Assistant in Launchpad but not in Applications folder  in my Macs with a Beta OS installed. Hope this help!
2017-1-20
Use props
fanse262a620
New
United States

phil_r Posted at 2017-1-19 20:36
Just wondering you are looking for an application with the word 'DJI' in it. On my machine it is just called 'Assistant'. You can always view your application folder by date and sort on that to see where it is.

Thanks for clearing that up, Phil. I had the same issue as the OP. Found the "Assistant" app in the Apps folder. DJI should either rename the app to "DJI Assistant" or relist the app in the installer as just "Assistant". It's unecessarily confusing and a poor user experience for new users.

Cheers!
2017-4-13
Use props
MaxS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158720 ft
Finland

That's correct , it's called Assistant and may by that confuse someone !
2017-5-29
Use props
fans8b3aa115
Flight distance : 1560620 ft
United States

Thank you for clearing this up! just waisted an hour trying to trouble shot this with DJI SUPPORT, which is always the same BS! services. I started of asking if it was called anything other then DJI ASSISTANT 2, answer was no.... on top of being named "assistant" which I had glanced over and ignored as a DJI product because the app ICON isn't anything related to DJI branding, so wouldn't even think it was the same. It's not until you open the app, that it is and says DJI.
Now my new problem (or annoyance ) is how to connect to the drone.. I get that it's USB to USB, but that wasn't supplied with the drone I have, nor do I have one handy! Incredibly flawed and short sighted.
DJI can thank their gods that they don't have any competition as of yet!
2017-7-18
Use props
PTee
New
Flight distance : 1046558 ft
United States

thanks for your QUESTION and the person below has the answer its called "Assisstant" stupid yes, it should be labeled DJI Ast 2
2017-9-23
Use props
fans10eeb4b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 672470 ft
Italy

Just installed the App and cannot find it.. Yosemite 10.10.5

Searched under DJI, Dji Assistant, Assistant.... Even searched under the App, App Cleaner.

Nothing  Faaaaaaaaaaaaar Q two hours waisted
2017-10-5
Use props
Florida Keys Drone Pros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 874583 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse262a620 Posted at 2017-4-13 17:49
Thanks for clearing that up, Phil. I had the same issue as the OP. Found the "Assistant" app in the Apps folder. DJI should either rename the app to "DJI Assistant" or relist the app in the installer as just "Assistant". It's unecessarily confusing and a poor user experience for new users.

Cheers!

DUDE! Thanks. Seriously. Its been 4 days...DJI mods sending me beta's that don't turn up, upside down footage on the job, driving me round the twist...saw this, hunting for answers. Well done. Been looking for DJI Assistant...not showing up on the MAC...found it in Apps, like you said under Assistant.Golly gosh what a pain. I JUST WANT TO FLY
2018-2-6
Use props
djiuser_3zDFCXIdY1QJ
Flight distance : 75692 ft
United States

Just wondering you are looking for an application with the word 'DJI' in it. On my machine it is just called 'Assistant'. You can always view your application folder by date and sort on that to see where it is.

Yes indeed, found it, now have it in my Doc for quick use, many thanks!!
2018-5-18
Use props
djiuser_3zDFCXIdY1QJ
Flight distance : 75692 ft
United States

Yep, that's it, its working now, many thanks for the tips!!
2018-5-18
Use props
Al1963
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38406 ft
United Kingdom

i am using Windows 10  and I can install the software but it simply wont run in normal or admin mode
2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules